Opinions on MS Finance Vs. MBA Finance

hey y’all! I want to do an MBA (fin) abroad, but i don’t have the kind of “good/relevant” or “sufficient” work experience (read 3 years or more) that the top b-schools there require. So i was wondering if MS finance/financial engineering was a goo…

hey y'all! I want to do an MBA (fin) abroad, but i don't have the kind of "good/relevant" or "sufficient" work experience (read 3 years or more) that the top b-schools there require. So i was wondering if MS finance/financial engineering was a good option to take up as a substitute for it. Does anybuddy here have some gyaan to share on how good or bad an MS finance/financial engineering course is? Also, careers and placement wise, which is a more suitable option, MS finance or MS financial engineering? Which of the two is more sought after by companies?

Hi I would also like to know if MS finance is better or MS in Financial Engineering.Also which are the top universities for taking up the course.Is GRE required for the course or GMAT scores?What are the other criteria based on which admission is got?

kkone Says
Hi I would also like to know if MS finance is better or MS in Financial Engineering.Also which are the top universities for taking up the course.Is GRE required for the course or GMAT scores?What are the other criteria based on which admission is got?

The MS in Finance program is designed for students who may want to specialize in Finance but do not want to go through the hassles and expenditures of an MBA program.
The courses provide detailed knowledge of the policies, principles, and techniques involved in financial decisions made by professionals in corporations, financial institutions, securities firms, and pension fund and mutual fund organizations.
The M.S. program in Finance consists of 10 to 15 courses and is more flexible than the MBA, in terms of what courses one wants to take. It may be completed in one year.
The main advantage is that you save time and money and you learn more of Finance than a typical MBA graduate.
The disadvantage is that you will be considered for niche jobs and may not have the brand name recognition that of an MBA degree.

The Basic Criteria is you need to have good graduate degree and IELTS or TOEFL score, but differs from institute