Onsite Job + Part time MBA .. How feasible & how good it is ??

Hi everybody … how are you all … well i am in a dilemma nowadays … so turning to pg.com after a long time … To begin with - I am a s/w engineer by profession having 2 years of work-ex and my employer wants me to work in USA for long…

Hi everybody .. how are you all ..

well i am in a dilemma nowadays .. so turning to pg.com after a long time ..

To begin with - I am a s/w engineer by profession having 2 years of work-ex and my employer wants me to work in USA for long term (at least for 1-2 years ... 😃 ) .. also i am one of those rare species who love their job more than anything and feel proud/happy in what they are doing ..

anyways .. I want to do MBA .. why ?? .. to move up the ladder fast .. would definitely be in s/w indusry after MBA but maybe will get a chance to work as a PM / BA sooner than I expect and will get better bucks .. :)

now the dilemma starts ..
1) full time / part time .. i think part time ..
2) india / USA .. i think USA

and then a series of question follows .. i guess i have answers also for some of them ..

1) would i be able to do JOB & MBA simultaneuosly in US .. i think yes, why not .. in US it's mostly 9-6 job .. saturday/sunday off .. so plenty of time to study ..
2) what are the colleges i should look into .. no clue 😞
3) how would i commute b/w home-office-MBA .. no clue 😞
4) what if my employer calls me back before my MBA completes .. I can change my job & stay in US .. at least till I complete my MBA .. what say ??

did anyone gone through similar dilemma(s) help me please ..

thanks,

Hey Arun, welcome back....Long time... :)
Part-time....Well, isn't your choice more or less dictated by your location and the location of the school...??

Cheers

Hi everybody .. how are you all ..

well i am in a dilemma nowadays .. so turning to pg.com after a long time ..

To begin with - I am a s/w engineer by profession having 2 years of work-ex and my employer wants me to work in USA for long term (at least for 1-2 years ... 😃 ) .. also i am one of those rare species who love their job more than anything and feel proud/happy in what they are doing ..

anyways .. I want to do MBA .. why ?? .. to move up the ladder fast .. would definitely be in s/w indusry after MBA but maybe will get a chance to work as a PM / BA sooner than I expect and will get better bucks .. :)

now the dilemma starts ..
1) full time / part time .. i think part time ..
2) india / USA .. i think USA

and then a series of question follows .. i guess i have answers also for some of them ..

1) would i be able to do JOB & MBA simultaneuosly in US .. i think yes, why not .. in US it's mostly 9-6 job .. saturday/sunday off .. so plenty of time to study ..
2) what are the colleges i should look into .. no clue 😞
3) how would i commute b/w home-office-MBA .. no clue 😞
4) what if my employer calls me back before my MBA completes .. I can change my job & stay in US .. at least till I complete my MBA .. what say ??

did anyone gone through similar dilemma(s) help me please ..

thanks,

hey
I am an elctronics and telecomm. engg...currently working in TCS...
i have the same set of questions as u hve...
so if u have got any answrs, then pls guide me aswell...

:grab:
Rahul

http://InviteTown.com/?id=linktosid