One Year PGPSM by NISM (Established by SEBI), Class of 2011-2012

Hi, This is the notification thread for the second batch of PGPSM erstwhile CSMP. A securities Markets One Year Full Time Post Graduate Programme. *Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets* The PGPSM Programme: The PGPSM pr...

Hi,

This is the notification thread for the second batch of PGPSM erstwhile CSMP.

A securities Markets One Year Full Time Post Graduate Programme.

Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets
The PGPSM Programme:
The PGPSM programme is a one-year full-time programme. The programme is aimed at preparation for a career in Security analysis and Equity Research, Investment Banking, Fund Management, Corporate Re-structuring and Consulting, Investment Advisory Services, Equity and Debt Market Broking and related fields.

Programme Objective:
PGPSM inputs are designed to:
-Abstract the building blocks of the securities markets, understand them conceptually, and develop a capability to design solutions that meet specific requirements
-Upgrade knowledge and skill sets necessary to perform the key technical activities in the securities markets
-Develop well rounded, complete professionals who understand financial markets in a holistic manner

Target Audience:
NISM has designed the PGPSM programme aimed at developing and grooming talent to serve the various segments of the securities markets. The target audience could be:
-Graduates and post graduates aspiring for careers in securities markets.
-Executives seeking careers or career switches related to securities markets

Programme Architecture:
The programme is a balanced blend of theory and practice, divided into four terms. The themes of the four terms are:
-Conceptual Phase
-Application Phase
-Advanced Application Phase
-Industry- Interaction Phase

During the first three terms, students are expected to study a total of 18 courses/subjects of 1 full credit each. Each credit would mean approximately 30 hours of classroom inputs. In the fourth term, students are required to undertake an internship project with an organization in the securities industry.

Admission to the programme is based on nationwide online Test and Personal Interview.
Please find details in the link below.
PGPSM | Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets
http://www.nism.ac.in/pgpsm/downloads/pgpsm_prospectus_2011-12.pdf

Thanks.

Disclaimer: Anything or any information we are going to discuss here is based on my best possible knowledge and not institutes and I don't claim its infallible, this thread is a genuine attempt to help prospective candidates the way PG tradition is.

hey, i wish to join PGPSM.
i have a ques. what are the chances of conversion for someone who does not have work ex.

hey, i wish to join PGPSM.
i have a ques. what are the chances of conversion for someone who does not have work ex.

Weight of 10% is assigned to Work-Ex which is small enough to be compensated against a good performance in Online Test, Essay and PI so concentrate on things which you can change.

All the best.

@ caterpilar
how is the placement of NISM PGPSM ...???
i think this year it's going to be 2nd batch...right...???

can u tell me the diff. between the Financial Market and Securities Market ...????

@ caterpilar
how is the placement of NISM PGPSM ...???
i think this year it's going to be 2nd batch...right...???
...????

Placements are almost over except a few of us are left, yes this will be the second batch.

can u tell me the diff. between the Financial Market and Securities Market ...????

Securities Market deals with Capital Market and Money Market, where as Financial Market is the superset every(financial)thing come under it.
Placements are almost over except a few of us are left, yes this will be the second batch.

Securities Market deals with Capital Market and Money Market, where as Financial Market is the superset every(financial)thing come under it.

so what is the placements figures so far....highest, average, lowest...???

out of Securities market and financial markets...which 1 better in term of placements....i'm ask this only bcoz little confused between BTI-IGNOU MBA FM and NISM PGPSM...and currently doing PGDFT help me bro....in which course should i apply....???

Hi,
How about the admission test.....?....Can I have a sample paper

so what is the placements figures so far....highest, average, lowest...???

Mostly offers are in the range of 5.5 to 15 LPA so far, but I don't have exact numbers yet since there are a few multiple offers as well and some are yet to be accepted, will wait for official figures to come and will let you all know.

out of Securities market and financial markets...which 1 better in term of placements....i'm ask this only bcoz little confused between BTI-IGNOU MBA FM and NISM PGPSM...and currently doing PGDFT help me bro....in which course should i apply....???

Well I have no idea about the IGNOU programme, check what suits you more, take what interest you most and you will do good.

All The Best.
Hi,
How about the admission test.....?....Can I have a sample paper

Hi as per the brochure,

The duration of the test would be 120 minutes and the maximum marks are 100.

1. Quantitative Aptitude - 40%
2. Analytical and Reasoning Skills - 25%
3. Language Proficiency - 25%
4. General Knowledge of Financial Markets - 10%

Each question would be a multiple choice question with four choices. Each correct answer would carry one mark. There would be negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.

If I get sample paper I will share it here.

Hi,
Could you tell the names of the companies that are hiring, profiles they r giving,whats the salary range?Are there any equity research offers?I heard that majority are hiring for IT,Operations role.

Hi as per the brochure,

Each question would be a multiple choice question with four choices. Each correct answer would carry one mark. There would be negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.

Hi as per the brochure,

What are the type of questions that come in General Knowledge of Financial Markets - 10%?Could you please give me atleast one example?Which book should we refer for this section?

hii
m eager to no more abt this course....seems gud...
throw sum lite on 1) Events,activities, committees etc organised at campus....
2)profiles and rough figures abt packages so that v cud no wat cos r approximately offering....

in which market derivatives ,futures, options, forward contracts etc...are come....????
Hi,
Could you tell the names of the companies that are hiring, profiles they r giving,whats the salary range?Are there any equity research offers?I heard that majority are hiring for IT,Operations role.

Please go through my previous post about placements details, as I said before I can't disclose much till the placements are over and official report is available.
wmohanty Says
What are the type of questions that come in General Knowledge of Financial Markets - 10%?Could you please give me atleast one example?Which book should we refer for this section?

We didn't had this section in our exam so I need to check with the admission team.

what is the intake in this course

hii
m eager to no more abt this course....seems gud...
throw sum lite on 1) Events,activities, committees etc organised at campus....
2)profiles and rough figures abt packages so that v cud no wat cos r approximately offering....

Events and activities are organised relevant to the course, at the same time we are not a B-School so there is difference in approach of a regular B-School and a specialized program, however we are given sufficient inputs apart from class, to be competitive in industry.

For placement details see my previous posts.
Arvind4MBA Says
in which market derivatives ,futures, options, forward contracts etc...are come....????

These are instruments of Securities Markets.
visioniim Says
what is the intake in this course

Its 48 for our batch.