One Year MBA (ISB) or Two Year MBA (IIMs)???

Hi Friends, I am a life sciences post graduate with 5+ years of experience. I want to get into a good B- school and want to appear for GMAT/CAT in 2010. I am not sure which one to concentrate or rather focus on, GMAT or CAT?? Whcih will …

Hi Friends,

I am a life sciences post graduate with 5+ years of experience. I want to get into a good B- school and want to appear for GMAT/CAT in 2010.

I am not sure which one to concentrate or rather focus on, GMAT or CAT?? Whcih will be more ideal for me, one year program or a two year one??

I welcome your suggestions and advice.

Thank you

Best regards

Are you looking to switch the field you are working in on are you keen on working on the same sector post your MBA. In case you are looking to work in the same field, a one year MBA would be fine, either for ISB or IIM (PGPX). On the other hand, if you are looking to switch your field you should go for a 2 year MBA programme. Are you just considering an MBA in India or are open to study abroad? Also, list your profile briefly, i am sure a lot of members here will be able to guide you well.
Cheers x

Thanks connectansh for the earliest reply. I didn't expect to get a reply this fast.

I would like to move into consulting or marketing where I would love work on offering business solutions to the clients. Right now I work on offering technical solutions. I want to move from a technology role into a business roel. I hope I am able to clearly put my reasons.

I am not keen of doing an MBA abroad as the premier B- schools abroad are high on the cost factor.

I agree with nothing. In case your verbal and analytical skills are better than your quantitative skills, definitely go for GMAT. The deadline for PGPX programmes at the IIM's are approaching so you need to decide pretty quick mate in case you are interested in the PGPX course at IIM. Even ISB round 1 deadline is not too far away now.
On the other hand if you feel are much more stronger on the quantitative side, you may go for CAT. I would personally advise you to go for a one year MBA though as you are already quite clear about what you want to do after your MBA.

I would say go with one year GMAT at this stage.

Registered in PG just yesterday, started to feel a kind of bonding with all you passionate people.

Thanks connect, nothing, mayank, maddy for your posts. They are very encouraging. Called Princeton Review - hyd centre, planning to take GMAT prep classes from August.

No worries reverie. I think you have made the right decision. Try to be consistent in both sections of GMAT as well as AWA and i am sure you will do well.
Cheers,
Ansh x

Hi,

I have arnd 4 yrs of experience and am planning to go for GMAT in 2010 and aiming for ISB and IIMs(PGPX) in future.
Alongside I have doing PGDIT from Symbiosis Pune (Distance Learning).

I dont want to shift my career. I want to remain in IT but rise in the ladder.
PLease suggest whether going for 2year Traditional MBA or 1year MBA will be good for me??

Thanks Vishal