One Year Management Diploma Prog at SIBM

Hello all, I am working in CTS Pune since past 3 yrs. I do not wish to leave my job in such a bad economy, but i want to enhance my skills by doing part time MBA or PGDBM. I have been looking for good colleges which offer something like this…

Hello all,

I am working in CTS Pune since past 3 yrs. I do not wish to leave my job in such a bad economy, but i want to enhance my skills by doing part time MBA or PGDBM. I have been looking for good colleges which offer something like this.
Please help if you can. I will appreciate. Suggestions are most welcome.

And also, does anyone has any updates on the diploma program by SIBM.
Is it useful? SIBM . Programmes . One Year Diploma

love,
Dianae

Hello all,

I am working in CTS Pune since past 3 yrs. I do not wish to leave my job in such a bad economy, but i want to enhance my skills by doing part time MBA or PGDBM. I have been looking for good colleges which offer something like this.

love,
Dianae

I would suggest you to opt for Part-time MBA from SIMB ,... that has more market value and course is also good ... but only catch here is you need min. 5yrs work-ex

one yr part-time program don't command much premium in market ... so unless you really don't have any other option, i would suggest you to avoid it

Hello all,

love,
Dianae

In SIBM the weekend PG diploma course is a 1 year and has HR, finance, marketing and operations.
The weekend executive MBA program is a 30 months course and doesn't offer specialization. It is general management course.
So it all depends on your intent to pursue any of these course. if you want to do only as an additional qualification or actually want to change your role. In that case, ask this in your current organisation if they recognize part-time courses and if doing such a course would help in change of profile.
If you want to go for specialized course then go for PG diploma else go for executive MBA.

Is anybody pursuing part time executive MBA frm Manipal University?I need information about this program. In case anybody is pursuing plz let me know.

Here is the program link...
manipalcorp

Hi All,
I did not get a good satisfactory answer about how this 1 year SIBM PGDM course is...
There are many questions like How is this course?? What is the value of this course in Market?? Ranking?? Is it useful for role change??
Kindly let Me know about the same.

Cheers-
Mangesh:cheerio:

Hi All,
I did not get a good satisfactory answer about how this 1 year SIBM PGDM course is...
There are many questions like How is this course?? What is the value of this course in Market?? Ranking?? Is it useful for role change??
Kindly let Me know about the same.

Cheers-
Mangesh:cheerio:

Mangesh,

Value of the course is good.

But i heard, they are facing problem with this 1 year programme.
Also since strenght is less, quality faculty is compromised sometimes.

Infrastructure & brand alone wont guarantee better results. Also quality & support systems matters.

Finally its your decision.

Rgds/Roshan

hello, i have completed my graduation last year and has a 6 month experience in bpo industry. right now i am pretty confused that wheather i should go for a job and get some experience or should study for mba entrance. i have also heard about the one year pgdm program in sibm, so will it be fruitful for me if i join this? they don't provide any placement though.. any suggestions please...

Hi,

Regd. Pgdm @ SIBM, it's a executive week end programme. The next batch scheduled around beginning of June. It brushes up the Management concepts in the 1st sem & area of specialization in 2nd.
Choosing a programme is purely based on your interest, since graduating alone won't guarantee you success, It will facilitate your existing job / future job prospects.

FIrst of all, you should plan your career of interest, timel frame, fees affordability, coping up with job & week end classes etc.. after weighing all these, trust you will be in a better position to decide.

Good Luck..

hi,
thankyou so much for your suggestion. well for time being i have already made some plans. but i am just confused that a job would be a better option for me right now or builing up qualification. i have a keen interest in marketing field and by latest i have the sibm programme which i can work out on and that too in june. so i am still left with 6 straight months. should i go for a job in this time or find some other course to persue coz even after the completion of the sibm programme i won't be having a job in my hand. And i have one more query that if i opt for the one year programme then is it lucrative if i go for 2 year programme too after this.?/

Hi,

Personally saying, since your are keen in marketing field, advise you to get a job in the sector you are interested in (FMCG / s/w, Manufacturing).
Many of the companies, now a days induct freshers, every year. Parallely down the lane, you can take up part time PGDM along with job, it is possible.

Choose the sector you are interested in, then move forward. Careers in product based companies ( FMCG & Manufacturing ) are recommended for a fresher. It will shape up your marketing carrier.

Hi ,

Can anyone please share their views on the Executive MBA and Exec.PGDM program from SIBM-B? How is its market value and teaching methodology?

Hi All,

Anyone who has done 1 year PGD course from SIBM Pune please let me know. Also, please let me know how is the course and its value? Because I want to make a decision on this. Your inputs will be of great help to me.

Thanks
Deepak