OLIN MBA 2014 /applicants for Fall 2012- Washington University in St. louis

Just starting a new thread to kickstart discussions on the Olin MBA. I am a current student and am open to any doubts you may have in the application process.

Just starting a new thread to kickstart discussions on the Olin MBA. I am a current student and am open to any doubts you may have in the application process.

Hey hi Nramach....nice of you to start a new thread....if possible, can you give me some facts and figures related to scholarships...the website doesn't has any stats related to scholarships...is Olin a generous college ??

Hey hi Nramach....nice of you to start a new thread....if possible, can you give me some facts and figures related to scholarships...the website doesn't has any stats related to scholarships...is Olin a generous college ??

Hi,

Olin is a very generous school. In fact almost all Indians ( i dont know if its true for all internationals) have come in with a scholarship. There are a wide range of scholarships available right upto a full scholarship/tuition waiver. Most of the students have a 50% schol.

Just make sure you have a right presentation of profile to make it convincing and ensure that it is supported by a great test score...Im talking in the 730+ range here !! ( i cannot verify if this range is true in all cases...but most of us here have scores in this range)

nramach,

1) What were your reasons for joining this school?
2) Now that you are in Olin and are aware of the ground realities, do you feel that Olin will be able live up to and exceed all your expectations?

Cheers!
CE

NRAMACH , can you plese PM me your phone no and the right time to call you? I am admitted to the Olin MBA program but without any scholarship. though Olin is my top choice (because last year I had been to Olin campus in st louis , and fell in love) , no scholarship has made the decision tough for me. I am surprised to not get any scholarship because the students i talked with indicated that I will get somre scholarship. I had a pretty good interview as well. need to consult you about some things before making a final decision. Thanks in advance.

Congrats Prakash for the admit...Can I know when you had your interview and when you received the decision....I had my OLIN interview yesterday (2 - Nov)

thanks.around 4 weeks back , received decision 2 weeks back. what is ur profile presslives?

So I think I can expect my decision in 3rd week of Nov.

My profile is 750 GMAT, TOEFL 109, currently having 5+ WE in IT.

yes , most probably , but adcom can tell better. Hope you get through. Best of luck.

Even I got in w/o any scholarship..

akkyy21 Says
Even I got in w/o any scholarship..

Hey Akky21, congrats for the admit.:cheers:

Can you share your profile and your GMAT score?

thats great akky. maybe we can catch up.

Hey Guys,

I am a present grad at Olin.
I am sure you guys are through a very irritating process of applications, waiting, interviewing & more waiting!! But I am sure the results would be good!

Anyways, Just came across this thread, so thought of putting in some words.
I made a google group last year for our MBA-2013 batch

http://groups.google.com/group/mba-class-of-2013-olin-business-school-wustl-

you would find tonnes of information here.

Any other information "Pagal Guy" is always there.

Also, I would suggest, Once you start getting admits make your own google group, that helps a lot!!

Cheers!

Hey Guys,

I am a present grad at Olin.
I am sure you guys are through a very irritating process of applications, waiting, interviewing & more waiting!! But I am sure the results would be good!

Anyways, Just came across this thread, so thought of putting in some words.
I made a google group last year for our MBA-2013 batch

http://groups.google.com/group/mba-class-of-2013-olin-business-school-wustl-

you would find tonnes of information here.

Any other information "Pagal Guy" is always there.

Also, I would suggest, Once you start getting admits make your own google group, that helps a lot!!

Cheers!

Thanks Saurabh , it seems NRAMACH is busy now , so would appreciate if you can please PM me your phone no. and grant me a suitable time to discuss some things. I have an admit at Olin 2012-2014 batch. Actually , I had the chance to visit Olin campus last year and got busines cards of many students , but unfortunately have lost them, so would be nice if I can talk with a current student. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi Guys,

I am Olin MBA 2013 Candidate. Nice to see this thread! Last year we relied a lot on this thread.

For people who are concerned about having admit without scholarship, international students receive a loan from the University of the amount tuition minus any scholarship. You do not require any collateral or any cosigner for this loan. That said, you have to manage your living expenses. University does not provide loan for living. Not sure about this year, last year they did give out this loan.

Hi Guys,

I am Olin MBA 2013 Candidate. Nice to see this thread! Last year we relied a lot on this thread.

For people who are concerned about having admit without scholarship, international students receive a loan from the University of the amount tuition minus any scholarship. You do not require any collateral or any cosigner for this loan. That said, you have to manage your living expenses. University does not provide loan for living. Not sure about this year, last year they did give out this loan.

Hello Ridhima,

I have an offer from Olin 2012. However, no scholarship has been awarded. I desire working as a strategy consultant post MBA. I have gone through the placement report of last year but couldn't find names of consulting companies that come to Olin . Request you to shed some light on the same.

Thanks

Sorry folks!! i was caught in the middle of lots of work over the last two weeks. Hoever Im back now and free to respond to queries. I would like to remind prospective students that we have the thanksgiving break next year when most of the batch of 2013 would be travelling. So do expect delays in replies. Adcoms too would be out for the week. So dont worry too much if the decisions are delayed

nramach,

1) What were your reasons for joining this school?
2) Now that you are in Olin and are aware of the ground realities, do you feel that Olin will be able live up to and exceed all your expectations?

Cheers!
CE

1. I joined Olin because i felt that it was a small school and would give me a chance to learn better. I somehow did not like the idea of studying in a class with 900 people whose names i didnt know and more importantly in a class where the prof did not know me. Olin has fulfilled this requirement of mine.

2. The answer to this question depends entirely on what expectations one might have. I did not expect Olin to give me an HBS experience. The school has some very distinct differences from other schools. It is a focussed program and delivers content effectively in an experiental manner. So i would say it has fulfilled my expectations thus far. Our school has opened up far more internship opportunities and full time opportunities this year inspite of the market trends. Last year comparitively was much more bleak. So considering the market scenarios, I must say were doing pretty well.

DO post if you have any more specific comments.

On the grounds of what Ridhima said, Id also like to tell you that there is this foundation in India called PARAS foundation which offers loans to indian students with a cosignor. So you can use the PARAS loan for your living expenses if there is a person in the US to cosign for you. Im recommending this because the interest rates are much lower than that in india.

If anyone is interested, I can post the contact details I have. I used their loan for my education here.