Olin Business School - 2013 Fall Admissions

Hi All, I am starting this thread to connect with all of us who are applying to Olin B-school - Fall 2013 admission. My profile is as follows: Work Ex: 7+ years in Financial Analytics as of October 2012GMAT: 710Interview sch…

Hi All,

I am starting this thread to connect with all of us who are applying to Olin B-school - Fall 2013 admission.

My profile is as follows:

Work Ex: 7+ years in Financial Analytics as of October 2012
GMAT: 710
Interview scheduled on 31st October

Regards,

Atul

Hello Atul,

Nice to see the thread for Olin.

My profile:
Work Exp: 8+ years in Oil & Gas
GMAT; 710
Scheduled my interview on 31 Oct 11: 30 pm

regards

Looking at the last years threads, the interview process this year has started a bit early?

is anyone else out there on PG who is also applying to Olin???

I was searching for this thread few weeks back. I need to further research on this school. This is in my radar though. Haven't shortlisted this school. Is it good for consulting or only finance?

I researched about the school, and it does get companies like McKenzie in consulting and the overall placement is good as per the details on the last years thread. I am not sure how the placement for this year went though

Is it one year MBA? starting in Jan/Sep? Avg Gmat and Avg salary?

when they say tuition fee is $47,800 for 2012-2013 Academic year, does they mean that total tuition fee for students who are admitted in 2012-13 is 47,800USD ? or it is yearly fee and second year fee will be declared later??

@msrdon As far as I know, it is the fees for students enrolled in 2012-13. Second year fee will be declared later. Don't take my words at face value.

Got an admit. My interview was scheduled on 19th Oct

@PokerKings Congrats..Can you please share your profile. Thanks.
@debjeet

Work Exp: 3+ years in IT (Telecommunications)
GMAT: 720
Decent Acads and ECs
CFA Level II Candidate

@PokerKings That's pretty cool with impressive GMAT. Any Scholarships? Having done your CFA, is your target industry Finance?

@debjeet

Yes, I intend to land into a financial domain. I haven't got my Olin admission packet yet. Scholarships, if any, will be mentioned in the packet.
@PokerKings Thanks. Congrats and All the best for the future :)
@debjeet same to you maan.
@PokerKings said:
Got an admit. My interview was scheduled on 19th Oct
Congrats man....I am looking forward to my interview on 31st.....lets hope for the best

hey guys whoever has got his/her interview scheduled, please list your profiles.

@PokerKings It will be nice if you could debrief your interview with olin. It will help all your fellow puys. Thanks in advance

@akm1983 said:
hey guys whoever has got his/her interview scheduled, please list your profiles.@PokerKings It will be nice if you could debrief your interview with olin. It will help all your fellow puys. Thanks in advance
My interview lasted for about 35 min. The interviewer was a sweet lady who wanted to know why was I a suitable fit for Olin and how would Olin fulfill my career aspirations. She spoke at length about the culture at Olin.

In a nutshell, the interview was basically conversational. But you need to be able to back your answers.