OLD MAN for MBA

This forum is full of young lads 20 -26 A

This forum is full of young lads 20 -26
A

This forum is full of young lads 20 -26 ANy oldies wanna gather around for discussion? Oldies aka 30-34 +
(1) Why does american universit so attracted to 25-26 yrs oldS? what do they bring to class?
(2) why are UK schools not so excited abt the same age group but prefer 29-34 yrs olds?
Whats going on?
Sorry for this bumb question from the dumb old man

1) Consulting & I-Banking, both industries of US origin have always preferred to recruit their MBAs under 30, meaning b-school entry in one's mid-20's. It's a concept that will take several years to change as more industries actively and aggresively recruit MBAs.

2) NOT a preference for 29-34 yr olds but an education system that has most undergrads leaving college aged 24-26, then working 4-5 years before they enter b-school. Any of the factors below, as one or together drive this dynamic:

- Greater respect + Job opportunities for Master & Doctoral degrees in Europe, these take longer than the standard undergrad 4 years (Most of Western Europe).
- Many people either go to trade school (like our ITI's - Industrial Technical Institutes - giving Diplomas) for a few years OR serve in the Army for 2-3 years before returning to college, happens a lot in Scandinavia.
- Many (particularly in France) serve several apprenticeships during undergrad education, liberally taking 6-7 years to complete college.
- European high-school leavers are typically 19-20 years old.
1) Consulting & I-Banking, both industries of US origin have always preferred to recruit their MBAs under 30, meaning b-school entry in one's mid-20's. It's a concept that will take several years to change as more industries actively and aggresively recruit MBAs.

2) NOT a preference for 29-34 yr olds but an education system that has most undergrads leaving college aged 24-26, then working 4-5 years before they enter b-school. Any of the factors below, as one or together drive this dynamic:

- Greater respect + Job opportunities for Master & Doctoral degrees in Europe, these take longer than the standard undergrad 4 years (Most of Western Europe).
- Many people either go to trade school (like our ITI's - Industrial Technical Institutes - giving Diplomas) for a few years OR serve in the Army for 2-3 years before returning to college, happens a lot in Scandinavia.
- Many (particularly in France) serve several apprenticeships during undergrad education, liberally taking 6-7 years to complete college.
- European high-school leavers are typically 19-20 years old.

Bacardi, Got a kick after reading your response.
I didnot know of the time frame that folks needed to complete undergrad in europe.
Thanks for your post.

Hi! I am currently running my own business . I recently heard about S P Jain Global one year program and would like to apply for it but I am 35 and I am really worried about my age.