OfficialGMAT on PagalGuy

Hello Bright Minds, we are Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) the worldwide creator of the GMAT exams. Through the @OfficialGMAT Page we look forward to interact with passionate management aspirants. We have seen immense passion in '…

Hello Bright Minds,

we are Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) the worldwide creator of the GMAT exams. Through the @OfficialGMAT Page we look forward to interact with passionate management aspirants. We have seen immense passion in 'Puys' which is exactly what makes an ideal management student. GMAC believes in tapping that passion to make way for performance. So, let's come together and make graduate management education the foundation for a spectacular future. You can post your queries regarding GMAT exams by following us @OfficialGMAT and we'll try to resolve them as best as possible. All the best!

@[608883:OfficialGMAT] - TAPMI, Manipal (www.tapmi.edu.in), a premier B-School in India, has been admitting students with CAT / XAT / GMAT scores to its fully residential 2-year PGDM and PGDM-Healthcare Management Programs. Studies have shown that the number of students appearing for these examinations have been varying in the last four-five years depending on the job market in India and abroad. Compared to the two most popular and standard exams viz., CAT and XAT, it is very convenient for candidates to appear for GMAT for studies in India and abroad too. My best wishes to all the aspiring and budding managers.

I was trying to register to mba.com for downloading study material and for registering for GMAT exam.
In the additional information section it asks about university/college from where we did our graduation, but my university/college is not there in the list. What should I do?

In the same section we are asked to enter our GPA/use the given table to calculate our GPA. As per my university, my %age is 69.08. Does that mean my GPA is 1.9 which is lowest grade/fail. Although, I read somewhere that for Indian students GPA is calculated in a different way.
Please clarify these doubts.
TIA

Hi @nannuabhi

We'll get back to you with a solution soon.
@nannuabhi We went through your query. Although, we have only selected universities in the list, we appreciate students from any university to appear for the GMAT exam. You can leave the university/college field blank. If you wish to get the name of your university added to our list, kindly mail us at [email protected]
Furthermore, the GPA calculation table is only for students' reference. The school you'll be applying to would be able to analyze your scores appropriately. They have their own methods of analyzing scores from different universities across the globe. You may leave the field blank and proceed with the registration.
We hope that helped. Let us know if there's any more confusion.
@EducationAisle Hi, thanks for the query.
One of the prime objectives of the GMAT exam is to analyze how well the student manages the hours allocated to him. There can be no suggestive strategy to help a student who couldn't complete a section(adaptive or non-adaptive) in time than to ask him to practice pacing. Pls go through this blog that talks extensively on your question. http://officialgmat.mba.com/2009/09/17/tactics-and-guessing/

Thanks for the clarification.

What is that driving factor for you to join a Bschool?

See if your view matches that of majority of B School alums

GMATCH virtual recruiting fair is back! Interact directly with admissions professions of B Schools worldwide sitting at your desk and get answers to all that you wanted to ask.

Register now!