Official Thread of School of Business, Public Policy and Social Entrepreneurship

Dear MBA Aspirants, Ambedkar University has launched its new school - The School of Business, Public Policy and Social Entrepreneurship, offering three masters programmes - MBA, Masters in Public Policy and Masters in Social Entrepreneurship…

Dear MBA Aspirants,

Ambedkar University has launched its new school - The School of Business, Public Policy and Social Entrepreneurship, offering three masters programmes - MBA, Masters in Public Policy and Masters in Social Entrepreneurship. The first programme - MBA will begin in July 2012.

Our USP:

1. Holistic approach to business and profit within the larger context of the wider society and economy
  2. Integrate basic elements of public policy and social entrepreneurship into the MBA curriculum different from the traditional MBA
  3. Creating wealth generators along with wealth managers

In the first year, students get an opportunity to learn a second language, take papers on Social Entrepreneurship and Public Policy (as core papers) along with fundamentals of business administration. In the second year, we offer new areas of specialization such as International business management, Public systems management, and Entrepreneurship & Strategy.

The school also proposes to have a centre for Innovation and entrepreneurship to incubate initial ventures. There are opportunities in terms of international collaboration and credit transfers as well. The campus is located in Dwarka Sector 9.

Registration open from Feb 1, 2012 to Feb 29, 2012. Selection based on Written Test comprising English comprehension, Analytical ability and Quantitative Skills (to be held on March 18, 2012), Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

Please refer to the following link for the online registration form, FAQs of the admission process and the MBA bulletin.

We shall be happy to answer all your queries!

The registration process for the MBA course has begun!!!

Visit MBA ADMISSIONS 2012

Most of the Faculty are from Delhi University. The founding director and Dean is the ex-dean of FMS. Other faculty members include MBAs from FMS, IIT and DU. As this is the first year, we dont have any placement statistics, but given the University set-up, links with Delhi University, small batch size and a very good advisory board, we do expect very good summer internships!

Yes this is the first batch. We will be instituting a proper placement process in the school. In fact, our advisory board consists of people from industry as well (see the bulletin on the website). We hope to place our students in the Corporate Sector, NGO and the Government sector.

Attached is a flyer on the new course - all info from selection procedure to the course structure available. 😲

dear sir/madam

What is the expected date of announcement of the list of the selected candidates for the further selection process after your online exam and what will be the expected date of the final announcement of list of candidates securing admissions to your course

Thank you
Asim Goyal

The GD-interview process should be in the middle of April, with the final results being declared by end-april or beginning of may. Dates will be announced soon.

I have been shortlisted for GD/PI... What kind of topic to expect in GD/. Current affairs or abstract ones?

Since m having 2 years work ex., so I am just worried if colg will allow lateral placements??

Well be prepared for all sorts of topics! But dont be scared, it will be a very friendly interaction 😃 As far as the placements are concerned, as mentioned previously, we dont have previous statistics to share but given the faculty and the advisory board, you dont have to worry, we will be able to provide good placements, and suited to your profile.

if i were a fresher, there wudnt hav been any need to worry..
I am already placed well, so definately i see mba as a source of financial upliftment. Will u b able to setting sum min package, as UBS doesnt allow ny company to offer below 4.5, nd lateral students obviously get more than that..

Sorry, but we cannot specify a minimum, or average salary that our students will get after 2 years. Obviously your work experience, and present CTC will be taken into consideration.

in that case we can just hope for the best.
Also, hw long will this GD/PI process take?
Also, since a limited/less no of students hav applied to AUD, so how will u make sure to maintain a healthy class mix? I mean being a govt institution , will u b filling all the seats? Or some seats will b left vacant if you dnt find deserving candidates..?

Well im not sure but it should be about a 8-10 min GD, and 5-10 min PI. About the class mix, and seats, let us not worry, and let the admissions committee decide whats best for the institution, and for the students.

Is this course AICTE approved??

sshwetaa Says
Is this course AICTE approved??

Nd when is the final result expected...?
@SOBPPSE said:
Dear MBA Aspirants,Ambedkar University has launched its new school - The School of Business, Public Policy and Social Entrepreneurship, offering three masters programmes - MBA, Masters in Public Policy and Masters in Social Entrepreneurship. The first programme - MBA will begin in July 2012.Our USP:Holistic approach to business and profit within the larger context of the wider society and economyIntegrate basic elements of public policy and social entrepreneurship into the MBA curriculum different from the traditional MBACreating wealth generators along with wealth managersIn the first year, students get an opportunity to learn a second language, take papers on Social Entrepreneurship and Public Policy (as core papers) along with fundamentals of business administration. In the second year, we offer new areas of specialization such as International business management, Public systems management, and Entrepreneurship & Strategy.The school also proposes to have a centre for Innovation and entrepreneurship to incubate initial ventures. There are opportunities in terms of international collaboration and credit transfers as well. The campus is located in Dwarka Sector 9.Registration open from Feb 1, 2012 to Feb 29, 2012. Selection based on Written Test comprising English comprehension, Analytical ability and Quantitative Skills (to be held on March 18, 2012), Group Discussion and Personal Interview.Please refer to the following link for the online registration form, FAQs of the admission process and the MBA bulletin.We shall be happy to answer all your queries!
Sir, make a new thread for 2013 admissions and please give the following details for the last batch.
1.batch profile
2.summer internship details
3.lowest/average/highest stipend offered
Thanks in advance

Sir this year i m selected for GD/PI. plz give a new thread for 2013 and tell us about last yr batch and about their internship details.....

Even I am selected for this year AUD , GD/PI please give me information about last year placement if any.

Best
Ankur Khanna