Official Thread of IIMI EPGP 2011-12

Admission to EPGP 2011-12 of IIMI Hi All, :: : This is an official thread started by students of IIMI’s EPGP 2010-11 batch and we are here to help you and guide you in your quest for admission to this program. The admission notificatio…

Admission to EPGP 2011-12 of IIMI
Hi All,

:
This is an official thread started by students of IIMI's EPGP 2010-11 batch and we are here to help you and guide you in your quest for admission to this program. The admission notification is out and the last date for receiving applications is 10th May,2011.For further details please check the link below:
Indian Institute of Management Indore - EPGP

Ours is the 2nd batch of this program and we hope to sensitize people about the benefits of the program,the academic rigor associated with it and the opportunities available upon successful completion of the course.

We have opened this thread as a one point contact for both of us to share information. So please direct any queries that you have "regarding this program" to this thread and we wil respond to your queries in a timely manner.

Having said that,let the discussions begin!!

Cheers,
AFM :thumbsup:
Admission to EPGP 2011-12 of IIMI
Hi All,

:
This is an official thread started by students of IIMI's EPGP 2010-11 batch and we are here to help you and guide you in your quest for admission to this program. The admission notification is out and the last date for receiving applications is 10th May,2011.For further details please check the link below:
Indian Institute of Management Indore - EPGP

Ours is the 2nd batch of this program and we hope to sensitize people about the benefits of the program,the academic rigor associated with it and the opportunities available upon successful completion of the course.

We have opened this thread as a one point contact for both of us to share information. So please direct any queries that you have "regarding this program" to this thread and we wil respond to your queries in a timely manner.

Having said that,let the discussions begin!!

Cheers,
AFM :thumbsup:

Seniors,
Thanks for starting this thread.
What is the average GMAT score and the average experience (Also min Experience) for the current batch?

Hello AFM,

My profile
98% Cat (99.5 Verbal,97.5 DI,66.5 QA)
78.5 X (West Bengal Board)
67.7 XII (West Bengal Board)
72.8 BE (VTU,Belgaum,Karnataka)
Extra Clarriculars inculde dristrict level swimming during school days.
5 years 3 months at Tata Consultancy Services in purely technical role on the Oracle platform.Worked in domestic projects for Income Tax department hence no International exposure.

Do I stand a chance.Kindly advise.

Seniors,
Thanks for starting this thread.
What is the average GMAT score and the average experience (Also min Experience) for the current batch?

Average GMAT:690
Min Experience:61 mnths
Average Experience:96 mnths

Cheers,
AFM
Hello AFM,

My profile
98% Cat (99.5 Verbal,97.5 DI,66.5 QA)
78.5 X (West Bengal Board)
67.7 XII (West Bengal Board)
72.8 BE (VTU,Belgaum,Karnataka)
Extra Clarriculars inculde dristrict level swimming during school days.
5 years 3 months at Tata Consultancy Services in purely technical role on the Oracle platform.Worked in domestic projects for Income Tax department hence no International exposure.

Do I stand a chance.Kindly advise.

Hi Argharay,
I dont want to disappoint you but i dont want to give you false hopes either.You have a decent CAT score but the low quant score has a nullifying effect. You need to beef up your profile with some more activities,achievements but given the time in hand i dont think you can do much. A good profile is all the more essential in case of an IT candidate.

But i would encourage you to apply,as other than the CAT score and the profile they evaluate the essays in the application. If you can communicate your reasons for doing MBA and how you would benefit from the programme clearly in the essays then you might get a call for interview.

If you want to do MBA badly then you will do it today or tomorrow. Nothing can stop you.

All the best!!

Cheers,
AFM
Average GMAT:690
Min Experience:61 mnths
Average Experience:96 mnths

Cheers,
AFM

Hi
Kindly evaluate my profile for this program

GMAT 680/6.0
X 87% (CBSE)
XII 83% (CBSE)
B.Tech 74% (NIT)

WorkEx 69 months by March 2011 (2 years onsite)

current industry Telecom

Loads of college level extracurricular
Hi
Kindly evaluate my profile for this program

GMAT 680/6.0
X 87% (CBSE)
XII 83% (CBSE)
B.Tech 74% (NIT)

WorkEx 69 months by March 2011 (2 years onsite)

current industry Telecom

Loads of college level extracurricular

Hi arun,

You have a decent GMAT score but anything above 700 would have made it more competitive and there you might have a problem. But the good thing is your international exposure (2 yrs is considerable time) and your affiliation to a NIT. Apart from the extracurriculars in college if you can showcase some professional achievements it will be good. They will be more interested in your current achievelments and extracurriculars and your personality as of today then judge you by the past records. Academics are the only things they look for when checking your school and college records to get an idea of how well you can take up academic stress. You have a decent profile i would say.

All the best for your application.

Cheers,
AFM
Hi arun,

You have a decent GMAT score but anything above 700 would have made it more competitive and there you might have a problem. But the good thing is your international exposure (2 yrs is considerable time) and your affiliation to a NIT. Apart from the extracurriculars in college if you can showcase some professional achievements it will be good. They will be more interested in your current achievelments and extracurriculars and your personality as of today then judge you by the past records. Academics are the only things they look for when checking your school and college records to get an idea of how well you can take up academic stress. You have a decent profile i would say.

All the best for your application.

Cheers,
AFM

Thanks AFM

One query:
Does IIMI undertake telephonic interview in case the candidate is Onsite at the time of interview?
Thanks AFM

One query:
Does IIMI undertake telephonic interview in case the candidate is Onsite at the time of interview?

Hi Arun,

In case of candidates working outside India they conduct the interview through a videoconference.

Cheers,
AFM

Kindly evaluate my profile for the program

Work Ex: 73 months by matriculation
GMAT : 700/6.0
3 yrs - USA - Financial IT services
3 yrs - Telecom R&D; (Mobile) - 2 patents filed during this time
B.Tech - 76% (JNTU, Main Campus)
XII - 96%
X- 90%

Thanks in advance.....

duplicate post

Thanks for starting this thread...

Would it be possible for you to comment on the current trends in IIMI EPGP around recruitment, placements, Method of teaching, Quality of professors, quality of the course, etc. ?

As the course is conducted in Indore, are there any placement 'camps' hosted outside of the city in metros such as Delhi, Mumbai, et al?

How helpful do you consider the international module in view of the entire course? How has it changed the manner in which you view global businesses?

There isn't sufficient information available online about the course, and it seems the brochure lacks these details as well. It'll be really helpful if you can shed more light on the course, its strengths, weaknesses.

Thanks!!

Kindly evaluate my profile for the program

Work Ex: 73 months by matriculation
GMAT : 700/6.0
3 yrs - USA - Financial IT services
3 yrs - Telecom R&D; (Mobile) - 2 patents filed during this time
B.Tech - 76% (JNTU, Main Campus)
XII - 96%
X- 90%

Thanks in advance.....

Hi Yerneni,

You have got a decent GMAT score and good academics. And you have got a good amount of international experience that too in BFSI,which is more preferable. And the 2 patents might be something you can add in your achievements. Overall you seem to have a good profile. If you can convince the panel through your essays and in the interview as well then you might have a 'convert' on the cards.

All the best!

Cheers,
AFM

Hi AFM ,

Thank you so much for your feedback on my profile. I went through some last year thread and I could see that the graduating batch struggled a lot to get placed and were so frustrated, which was evident in their mud slinging posts.

Though I am not sure of the credibility of the posts and the claims made by the people posting them, how do you see the scenario now. I did read somewhere if you are looking at placement numbers then consider this program if your avg salary is less than 1.5 times your years of experience? How are the placements and the average salaries.

Though such courses have a long term advantage, it would really benefit me and my fellow aspirants if you can throw light on these aspects...

Thank you so much once again....

Thanks for starting this thread...

Would it be possible for you to comment on the current trends in IIMI EPGP around recruitment, placements, Method of teaching, Quality of professors, quality of the course, etc. ?

As the course is conducted in Indore, are there any placement 'camps' hosted outside of the city in metros such as Delhi, Mumbai, et al?

How helpful do you consider the international module in view of the entire course? How has it changed the manner in which you view global businesses?

There isn't sufficient information available online about the course, and it seems the brochure lacks these details as well. It'll be really helpful if you can shed more light on the course, its strengths, weaknesses.

Thanks!!

Hi Rajat,

I will try to address your concerns on the various aspects of the course in a point wise manner.

Placement -- I know this is your greatest concer!!Placement is a student-driven activity in any IIM. Even in ABC.The institute is just a facilitator and they will provide all the necessary support.And its not the same for the regular 2 yr course and our 1yr course. Placement for the 2 yr course happens in bulk.Recruiting companies come and pick the students in 'lots' as they would be absorbed as management trainees at a junior level.The students have no bargaining power in the 2 yr course,they take whatever is offered to them. And usually the compensation is fixed for all students.
On the other hand,in case of 1 yr course there is very selective recruiting. Most of the offers are for middle/senior level roles. And the diversity of the batch in terms of experience and expertise makes the entire placement 'customised' to both our and the recruiters needs.We have a better chance of negotiating our compensation as compare to the 2 yr course.The market is upbeat and a good number of companies have shown interest in our profiles. 2 conglomerates of indian business had visited and a few more are lined up in Feb-March. We are hopeful of a good placement.

Method of teaching/Quality of professors/quality of the course -- The pedagogy is mostly case based with lot of class participation,quizzes,projects and an end-term.We have access to the best-in-class study materials like HBR,Capitaline etc. And even the faculty is very good. The learning experience is at par with the best in the academic faternity. The course is structured in a manner to teach you new things and then re-inforce your learning throughout. And you have a world class library with the latest books,journals,research papers etc. at your disposal, only if you can digest them :-).

Placement 'camps' in metros such as Delhi, Mumbai -- There is a plan to schedule a placement camp in selected metros based on the response of the recruiters.

International module -- Our international immersion is scheduled to start from March 13th and one entire term will be conducted there.We havent got the first hand experience yet, but we hope it to be a value add,based on the feedback of our seniors.

I hope i have answered your queries. Please feel free to post any further queries.

Cheers,
AFM
Hi AFM ,

Thank you so much for your feedback on my profile. I went through some last year thread and I could see that the graduating batch struggled a lot to get placed and were so frustrated, which was evident in their mud slinging posts.

Though I am not sure of the credibility of the posts and the claims made by the people posting them, how do you see the scenario now. I did read somewhere if you are looking at placement numbers then consider this program if your avg salary is less than 1.5 times your years of experience? How are the placements and the average salaries.

Though such courses have a long term advantage, it would really benefit me and my fellow aspirants if you can throw light on these aspects...

Thank you so much once again....

Hi Yerneni,

I think you will find most of the answers in the previous posts.

The first batch had a tough time because the course wasnt structured properly and we should not forget that the industry was still in doldrums.Last year the avearage salary of the batch was 15-16 lakhs for the entire batch. There were lot of variations in the compensation though.There was a guy who got a package of 35 lakhs and there were few cases who got around 10-11 lakhs.Its only at the end of 2010 that there seems to be signs of recovery. So the way i see it is if you have the potential and the market is doing good (which is the scenario now) SKY IS THE LIMIT. Believe me the IIM logo on your resume will get you across any door,thereafter it depends on your 'potential'. If you have the right skills and the right attitude you are the deal maker. Also lots of seniors visit the campus regularly and lend us their guidance. We have a good alumnus and we are going to strengthen it further in the coming years.

Cheers,
AFM

Seniors,
kindly evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 690/4.5
Work Ex: 14 years ( All in India)
Entrepreneurship: 9 yrs - Running my own coaching classes
Job: 5 yrs - worked with Asian Paints & Tata British Petroleum as sales officer
B.Com - 63%
XII - 70%
X- 57%

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi seniors,

Could you please let us know the statistics for last year selection process... Like...
What was the selection ratio?
How many candidates were called for the interviews for EPGP?
What was the intake last year?

Also, please evaluate my profile for EPGP program:

GMAT: 660 (V-31/Q-49/AWA-5.0)
WE: 7 years by June 2011 in IT industry, working as a project lead.
Extra Curriculum: good
Community service involvement: excellent.

Thanks

Hi Yerneni,

I think you will find most of the answers in the previous posts.

The first batch had a tough time because the course wasnt structured properly and we should not forget that the industry was still in doldrums.Last year the avearage salary of the batch was 15-16 lakhs for the entire batch. There were lot of variations in the compensation though.There was a guy who got a package of 35 lakhs and there were few cases who got around 10-11 lakhs.Its only at the end of 2010 that there seems to be signs of recovery. So the way i see it is if you have the potential and the market is doing good (which is the scenario now) SKY IS THE LIMIT. Believe me the IIM logo on your resume will get you across any door,thereafter it depends on your 'potential'. If you have the right skills and the right attitude you are the deal maker. Also lots of seniors visit the campus regularly and lend us their guidance. We have a good alumnus and we are going to strengthen it further in the coming years.

Cheers,
AFM

thanks for details. i have a query on right attitude and right skill. what do you exactly mean by that? also, how much does school contribute and facilitate in developing that? i think they must be since that also is one of the reason to pursue management program from premier institute like IIM? pl share your views and throw some light on my query. thanks in advance.