[Official] The University of Hong Kong (HKU) MBA Admissions 2024

Join the discussion on The University of Hong Kong (HKU) MBA Admission 2024 and Get the details about the Admission Process, Fees, Campus, Placements, cut off and much more.

The University of Hong Kong is one of the most prominent higher educational institutions in the world. The university offers full-time and part-time Masters of Business Administration through its Faculty of Business and Economics, which is also an extremely coveted business school globally.

The MBA course offered by the Faculty of Business and Economics is an intensive program that covers three tracks. The program covers 12 core subjects in 3 terms and also includes a China immersion program and a four-month program that can be pursued at London, New York, Hong Kong, or Shanghai. This MBA program is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of experienced professionals and prepare them for global workplace challenges.

• Name of the course: – Masters of Business Administration (Full-time)

• Duration of the course: – 1-Year intensive program

• Mode: – Full-time Residential with nine months in Hong Kong and the remaining period at either New York, Hong Kong, Shanghai, or London.

• Tuition Fees: – HK$588,000, which is payable in 3 installments.

• Scholarships: – Merit-based scholarships are available for deserving candidates.

• Eligibility: –

– Candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.

– Acceptable GMAT or GRE score, which will be determined by the university.

Minimum English Language Proficiency Score:

TOEFL- 550 (paper-based) or 80 (internet-based)

IELTS overall score of 6.5 in the academic module with a minimum score of 5.5 in each module.

– Minimum work experience of 2 years after completion of the post-graduate program.

• Application process: –

– Complete the online application process on the official website of the HKU.

– Upload the supporting documents along with the application form.

– Candidates who have been shortlisted by the admissions committee must appear for the interview.

– After the interview process has been completed, the admission result will be available after approximately 2-4 weeks.

Hi,

I just now received an email from HKU, Hong Kong regarding my admission to its MBA prorgam for the year 08-09.

My Profile:

GMAT : 710 / 4.5
TOEFL : 109/125
Work ex: 2.5 years in IT product development
Good Acads
Average extracurricular activities.

Has any Puys applied for HKU for 08 -09?

Hi,

I just now received an email from HKU, Hong Kong regarding my admission to its MBA prorgam for the year 08-09.

My Profile:

GMAT : 710 / 4.5
TOEFL : 109/125
Work ex: 2.5 years in IT product development
Good Acads
Average extracurricular activities.

Has any Puys applied for HKU for 08 -09?

Can you plz let me know about the R1 date.
Can you plz help me regarding the application
Can you plz let me know about the R1 date.
Can you plz help me regarding the application

Hi Pradeep.

Sorry for the delayed response. There is no application deadline as such. Admissions are done on a rolling basis. The application too is fairly simple. They ask one SOP kinda question. TOEFL scores are waived off for Indian students.

PM me for any more info.

Congrats for admission inf HKU

Can you share your motivation behind applying to HKU?
Did HKU conduct an interview with you?

Hi Guys,

I plan to go for consulting post-MBA and then to be an entrepreneur. Do you feel I should be applying to HKU ? From my research, I have found out that HKU is good for finance. Anyone having any idea how good is it for general MBA or consulting career( management consulting) ?

My profile :
GMAT : 730
Work ex: 3 yrs in oracle india and now working as a functional consultant
Acads: BE from REC Surathkal amongst top 10% of my class
Extra curr : Decent, have been in the organizing committee of many clubs and also an NGO.

Could you guys comment on my chance to get into HKU but more importantly will it be good if I want to pursue a career in consulting post - MBA ?

Thanks guys !!!

Regards
Kunal

Can you share your motivation behind applying to HKU?
Did HKU conduct an interview with you?

While researching for good Asian universities to do my MBA I came across HKU. What interested me was their strong focus towards the Asian markets in addition to having ties with top univs like London Business School and Columbia Business School. It is the only MBA program which offers part of the course in LBS and CBS (not a student exchange program). Since it is a relatively new course (started just 4 years back) it is yet to figure in the top b school rankings. However 'The Economist' has rated it 37th best in the world.

I had a telephonic interview with them and got first hand info about the course from them.
Hi Guys,

I plan to go for consulting post-MBA and then to be an entrepreneur. Do you feel I should be applying to HKU ? From my research, I have found out that HKU is good for finance. Anyone having any idea how good is it for general MBA or consulting career( management consulting) ?

My profile :
GMAT : 730
Work ex: 3 yrs in oracle india and now working as a functional consultant
Acads: BE from REC Surathkal amongst top 10% of my class
Extra curr : Decent, have been in the organizing committee of many clubs and also an NGO.

Could you guys comment on my chance to get into HKU but more importantly will it be good if I want to pursue a career in consulting post - MBA ?

Thanks guys !!!

Regards
Kunal

Kunal.. Looking at your credentials you stand a very good chance of getting into HKU. Regarding your query on a career in consulting, I had raised the very same query to the interviewer. He told me that though a lot of companies recruiting from HKU are financial institutions, good consulting firms do come to campus.

hi rahul..

i have applied to hku-mba for fall 2008 and have got done with my interview, which was btw stirctly ok-ok. With a score of 680 and 3yrs wrk ex - u think i stand a chance.
Do you have any idea about the job opportunities post MBA from hku? will it be worth joining?

hey guys,

anyone havin any idea about the deadlines for HKU ?

regards
Kunal

Hi
HKU MBA has got accredited by EQUIS. Has it got recognition world wide.
Plz let me know.

hi rahul, I too have been offered admit from hku-mba for fall 2008.
In case any other good offer doesn't come my way, i will probably take this.

right now just trying the get more info about the college - the placements, the specializations, the reputation..

if you have some info about the college ..can you please share it with me..

rahul can you also share with me your gtalk or yahoo mess id .. mine is [email protected]

THanks 😃

hi rahul/arvind

i went through the online application..it states to submit a sop..but does not state the word limit...do u have any idea of its wordlimit..what word limit did you stick to on application..
please do reply

kunal

you are right kunal..there is no word limit for the sop.. i had kept my essay within 800 words

hi rahul, I too have been offered admit from hku-mba for fall 2008.
In case any other good offer doesn't come my way, i will probably take this.

right now just trying the get more info about the college - the placements, the specializations, the reputation..

if you have some info about the college ..can you please share it with me..

rahul can you also share with me your gtalk or yahoo mess id .. mine is [email protected]

Rahul/Arvind,

I too got an admit from HKU for full time MBA. Have to accept offer by january 19th. still havent decided about it..other school I have offer is warwick business school, UK. Arvind, I have added you on gmail..if you guys are in India let me know ur mobile number. mine is 09844250445

Thanks,
Ashish

hi ashish

I am in Mumbai. I have accepted your request in my gtalk and my cell number is 9960385554.

Well i have to reply to them by 9th feb with an acceptance fee of 40000 HKD which is actually a big amount. I still have to receive responses from 7 more colleges which would be spread over entire feb. I guess I would be accepting HKU's offer and have at least something in hand (a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush)..

so far i have received only the offer letter and no docs with regards to visa processing or any other. Did you get any other info from them apart from the offer letter?

hi ashish

I am in Mumbai. I have accepted your request in my gtalk and my cell number is 9960385554. .............

Hi
I have applied online for HKUMBA on 21.01.2008. How long does it take to get the status of application updated? What is the procedure for selection. I mean interview etc.
Plz let me know
Pradeep

hi pradeep,

I was interviewed approx 3 weeks after my submission of the application and it took a month thereafter to confirm my admission. This was probably because christmas holidays came in between.

For you the process should definitely be little quick. May I know your profile pradeep

Hi arvind
Thanks
My profile is
GMAT 650/4
Work ex- 15 years in Middle Management in Banking Industry
Academics- good
Extra c- good
Didnt appear for TOEFL. requested for waiver.
Pradeep

hi pradeep,

I was interviewed approx 3 weeks after my submission of the application and it took a month thereafter to confirm my admission. This was probably because christmas holidays came in between.

For you the process should definitely be little quick. May I know your profile pradeep

Hi arvind
Thanks
My profile is
GMAT 650/4
Work ex- 15 years in Middle Management in Banking Industry
Academics- good
Extra c- good
Didnt appear for TOEFL. requested for waiver.
Pradeep