[Official] Symbiosis Insitute of Management Studies (SIMS) Admissions Helpdesk (2013-15)

Hi, We are the student representatives of SIMS, and we are here to clear your queries regarding the admission process at SIMS, the GD-PI procedure and also life at SIMS. You can also post your queries regarding the SNAP entrance exam for whic…

Hi,

We are the student representatives of SIMS, and we are here to clear your queries regarding the admission process at SIMS, the GD-PI procedure and also life at SIMS. You can also post your queries regarding the SNAP entrance exam for which you will be appearing soon.

Please feel free to post your queries (which are related to the above mentioned topics), we will respond to them as soon as possible.

Just for your information we would like to tell you that:

*SIMS accepts ONLY SNAP scores.

*The short-listed candidates will have to appear for the GD-PI process in the institute itself, which will be held in the month of February.

*SIMS is an institute for Defence Personnel and their dependents. 10% of the seats are reserved for industry sponsored.

* You can apply for SIMS through the online application, last date for the same is 9th January 2013. Here the link for the online registration

To get a clearer picture of our institute, you can visit us at:

ALL THE BEST for SNAP, and we look forward to a good interaction with future SIMSites.

Regards
Editorial Team
SIMS, Pune
Important Dates for Full Time Residential MBA (Two Years) Course: Residential Programme
Online SNAP Registration for SNAP Test - 27th August, 2012 *
Online registration for SIMS commences - 31st August, 2012*
SNAP Examination - 16th December, 2012 *
Last date of online registration for SIMS MBA programme - 9th January, 2013
SNAP Result - 10th January, 2013
List of candidates short listed for GEPI - 16th January, 2013 *
Dates for GEPI - 2 &3 February, 2013
Admission list of selected candidates - 19st February, 2013
Last date for payment of 1st installment of all fees - 19st March, 2013
Pre-induction Programme (Online) commences - 25th March, 2013
Course commences on - 3rd June, 2013
* Subject to approval/changes by SIU.

sadasdasasdas
@AskSIMS what was last year's cutoff?
my friend is from defence background...

do we got prospectus after applying to sims...?
and what will the expected cutoff of sims this year...?

For official reasons we cannot disclose the cut off, and one cannot declare an expected cut off before the exam is conducted. Prepare well, for now.
As far as the prospectus is concerned, yes you will receive a prospectus, which will contain the details of all the institutes under Symbiosis International University, including SIMS.

Otherwise we also have our prospectus online, which you may view here,

thx alot...

I PAID THE REGISTRATION FEES FOR SIMS
BUT WHEN I LOG ON THROUGH

IT SHOWS THAT
FEES ARE NOT PAID AND YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED
AND ALSO SHOWS THAT
Application process will commence shortly.,
SO WHAT I DO..

Go on the SIMS website and check your status, you can follow the following link

If you still face the issue, please contact
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT
Phone: +91-020-39116226 / 27

or Technical query help desk :
044-42272727

Regards
Editorial Team
SIMS,Pune

I m also facing the same problem as mentioned above. I would like to know between what timings can we call at these given numbers.

i got to know that to opt an spcialization one has to take an aptitude test. Is it true? kindly explain, subjects and all..what are the topics.

There is no disclosure regarding the placements in SIMS, if you can pls share few stats, if not all..

SHOCKING..
Sims placement is worse that tier 3 b-school.
Its website claims that only 96 students were placed out of 300. its placement percentage is 33%.
now i thought that it must be in percent but later on i checked and was shocked to see that the website mentions #Number Of students at the end of the pie chart..
Ridiculous!!
But yes it does have great faculty and a nice grilled type MBA where they do make great managers..but if u looking for placements..Not the place for you!!!
SHOCKING..
Sims placement is worse that tier 3 b-school.
Its website claims that only 96 students were placed out of 300. its placement percentage is 33%.
now i thought that it must be in percent but later on i checked and was shocked to see that the website mentions #Number Of students at the end of the pie chart..
Ridiculous!!
But yes it does have great faculty and a nice grilled type MBA where they do make great managers..but if u looking for placements..Not the place for you!!!

@inzo Hm, yes you r right.. but Highest salary Rs.15.5Lakh pa & Average Rs.8.49Lakh pa. These figures seems bit attractive... whats your take on this??

The statistics related to the Placements are readily available on the website. Regarding the statistics provided by inzo, please verify them, there seems to be an error in it.

You can visit the following link and check out the details of the placements of our institute:

Regards
Editorial and Media Relation Cell
SIMS,Pune

We would like to emphasize that we here to answer your queries related only to:

- SNAP entrance exam
- GD-PI Process
- Various events and activities at SIMS
- Life at SIMS

Queries related to placements and cut off is not in our hands to be disclosed. We would once again request you to keep your queries limited to the above mentioned topics.

Regards
SIMS,Pune

while making payment for snap ,, it shows application fee extra for different courses,, can we apply after the scores or after taking snap

@AskSIMS Hi i am intersted in SIMS & going to take SNAP test this year i posted one question on this forum plz reply...
"I got to know that to opt an spcialization one has to take an aptitude test. Is it true? kindly explain, subjects and all..what are the topics."
@TargetingMBA
Follow the above link to know more about the MBA course structure and syllabus at SIMS.

As for the query about the Eligibility Test; it is not held every year but in special cases. Opting for a speacialization only takes place after the 1st Semester. By then the students have gained a deeper insight into their subjects of interest and hence this Apptitude Test is conducted to provide better clarity.
The topics are strictly related to the feild of specialization & they are given adequate time to prepare.

For now please focus on getting a good SNAP score (The first hurdle).

Regards
SIMS,Pune