[Official] Schulich MBA in India - Admission Query thread

Dear Puys I take pleasure in introducing the Schulich MBA in India admission query thread, wherein admission team members of Schulich School of Business will be answering queries regarding their MBA program to Indian MBA applicants. The ...

Dear Puys

I take pleasure in introducing the Schulich MBA in India admission query thread, wherein admission team members of Schulich School of Business will be answering queries regarding their MBA program to Indian MBA applicants.

The team that will be taking queries include -

Mark Sequeira
PG Userid - marksequeira
Charmaine Courtis
Executive Director, Student Services and International Relations
PG Userid - Ccourtis
Imran Kanga
Associate Director, Student Services, Mumbai Campus
PG Userid - Ikanga
Angad Chowdhary
Manager, Student Services and International Relations
PG Userid - schulichmba

You can ask all queries regarding the application and the admission process, and the future scope of Schulich MBA in India through this thread.

Wishing you all the very best

Soumik Ganguly (PG-HQ)

HI ALL,

Due to high volume of queries for the Schulich India Program , am very excited and pleased to bring to you are discussion now on an OFFICIAL PLATFORM !!

To begin with here's our admission criteria:

To be eligible to apply to Schulich MBA in India, you need:
First Class Standing in either of the following:
* A three year Bachelors and a Masters degree
* A four year Bachelors degree (e.g. BEng, BPharm, BArch, MBBS)

GMAT Score
Acceptable scores on all measures of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)

Relevant Work Experience
Two years of relevant full-time work experience (post-undergraduate degree)

References
Two recommendations

English Proficiency
Proof of English language proficiency (if English was not language of degree study)

Keep writing in

Best regards,
Angad Chowdhary

This post is in reply to the query mailed to me by cognizant_81. hope u wouldn't mind me sharing this one since it will be helpful to all pugys.:cheerio:

Total fees for schulich mba in india ( i.e. 6 months in india and 10 months in toronto) would be around $47000 CAD. You would have to maintain an addition budget for your flight ticket and living expense. As per my experience, I would suggest jet airways since they gave me a student package wherein i could take free additional baggage. It was a one hop flight via Brussels. Group discounts are also available to get cheap tickets. For living my budget came upto a $1000 a month in canada. You can budget it between $750- $1600.

Scholarships are available at entrance and during the course. Its based on your academic excellence and financial need. I cannot give you a scholarship figure that you could get based on your profile at this very moment since it would depend on your classmates profile as well . Bursaries are available throughout the course. See attached pdf document on list of awards/scholarships.
In addition you can also be paid by assisting a professor in her/his research. Student can work on campus on their study permit without the requirement of work permit. The York university campus is HUGE with umpteen opportunities York University

Best regards,
Angad Chowdhary
Manager@Schulich

Hi ,

Please inform from where can I get employment statistics of Second India MBA Batch, particularly how much is average package & how many graduates are working in Canada & India respectively.

Further please also inform is it mandatory to give academic reference?? as I have work ex of more than 5 years, can I give both the references as professional ones.

your prompt reply will be very helpful.

Regds-

Onkar

Hi ,

Please inform from where can I get employment statistics of Second India MBA Batch, particularly how much is average package & how many graduates are working in Canada & India respectively.

Further please also inform is it mandatory to give academic reference?? as I have work ex of more than 5 years, can I give both the references as professional ones.

your prompt reply will be very helpful.

Regds-

Onkar

Hi Onkar ,

1. The second Schulich India Batch will be arriving in Toronto in 2 weeks to start their 2 year of the Schulich Mba in India program. They are expected to graduate in April/May 2012.

2. Considering you have 5 years of work experience both your references can be professional ones. The purpose of references is to get to know your skills and capabilities.

Hope that helps !

Best regards,
Angad Chowdhary
Manager@Schulich
Congratulations to one Schuligan from schulich India 2010 batch !!!!!! :clap:
He has secured a Business Analyst role at Just Energy Canada

Just Energy: Just Energy is a leading independent energy supplier with over 1.6 million electricity and natural gas customer accounts across the US and Canada.Also the largest competitive green energy retailer in North America.

Best regards,
Angad Chowdhary
Manager@schulich
Another moment to Celebrate !!!!!!!

Heman (from schulich india 2010 batch) has secured a placement offer from Odessey for the position of Financial Analyst. He also has another offer from Univeris for the position of Business Analyst.

Both firms develop high-end financial analysis software, and are based out of Toronto. With a strong IT background, CFA Level 1 and strong inclination towards finance, Heman has made it to the right spot !

Keep it up Heman!!!!:thumbsup:

Best regards,
Angad Chowdhary
Manager@schulich

KUDOS TO NISHANT FROM SCHULICH INDIA 2010 BATCH !!!!!!!

Offer 1 - Accepted - ATCO I-Tek
Position - Business Process Analyst
Team / Division - Business Process Outsourcing and Process Improvement for Utilities and Energy
Location - Downtown Edmonton, Alberta
Compensation - 70k CAD

Offer 2 - Univeris Corporation
Position - Business Analyst, for Wealth Management Applications
Team - Change Management
Location - Downtown Toronto
Compensation - 65k CAD

Offer 3 - Bank of America
Position - Quality Analyst, Banking Applications
Location - Hyderabad, India
Compensation - 10 lakhs p.a

Offer 4 - Deloitte
Position - Consultant, Strategy and Operations
Location - Hyd, India
Compensation - 8 lakhs p.a

Best regards,
Angad Chowdhary
Manager@Schulich

@schulichmba
Thanks for the information!!!
what is the objective required gmat score for a guy with work ex of 4 years with infosys in IT development domain besides other subjective requirements as extra cu et al for this course, and what is the deadline for r1,r2(this year admissions or next year)

@schulichmba
Thanks for the information!!!
what is the objective required gmat score for a guy with work ex of 4 years with infosys in IT development domain besides other subjective requirements as extra cu et al for this course, and what is the deadline for r1,r2(this year admissions or next year)

Hi panacea7676, Good to see you on the official platform !!

1. Gmat score for the next batch will be somewhere above 680/700. An applicants overall application which includes work experience, extra curricular activities will also play a significant role in selecting a candidate for an interview.

2. The next Schulich India batch will commence in Jan 2012. The application deadlines are listed below.

• Round 1 : September 15

• Round 2: October 15
    • Round 3: November 15

Keep writing in...

Best regards,
Angad Chowdhary
Manager@Schulich
Hi panacea7676, Good to see you on the official platform !!

1. Gmat score for the next batch will be somewhere above 680/700. An applicants overall application which includes work experience, extra curricular activities will also play a significant role in selecting a candidate for an interview.

2. The next Schulich India batch will commence in Jan 2012. The application deadlines are listed below.

• Round 1 : September 15

• Round 2: October 15
    • Round 3: November 15

Keep writing in...

Best regards,
Angad Chowdhary
Manager@Schulich

Hi,

Could you please let me know the class profile of the current and previous batch of Schulich MBA in India. Average age, work exp, Industry, Average GMAT score and range.

Thanks

Hi,

Is INR salaries mentioned above are the average or Highest what grauduates are getting??

I am planning to apply for next batch....but my current sal in mumbai is >15 L .... so its bit discouraging for me :(

Regds-

Onkar

if I apply in the Round3 which is supposedly the last round , does that mean my chances of getting a seat is little less than others. I am planning to take my GMAT after september 15th . And also can you tell me the average GMAT score required to get an entry to the college.

Thanks

@Vs9000 and
@ floyd241084

Hi pguys,

The answer to your queries will be posted below under the class profile heading.

do Keep writing in...

Best regards,
Angad Chowdhary

hey Onky,

The salaries mentioned above is individual and not an average or max representation. There are students with higher salaries but am awaiting their consent before I post them here. Hope that answers your question. Also stay tuned for more posts on jobs.

Best regards,
Angad Chowdhary
manager@schulich

Class Profile
Current batch

Average age = 28
Work experience = 4
Average GMAT = 660-670

Industry fields= All (consulting, operations, marketing, finance, etc..)

Currently 20% (approx.) of the batch represents women. This percentage is expected to go up in the next batch.

Additional info= The schulich india 2011 batch students are currently in Toronto to complete their year 2 of the program.

@ floyd: Yes, your chances might be minimum. But you would also be eligible to apply for our Jan intake in Toronto. Further queries on the Jan intake can be posted on . .

Best regards,
Angad Chowdhary
Manager@Schulich

Great Going Dax (from schulich india 2010 batch) !!!!!!!!!

Job offers:

1. Company: Husky Energy ( Job offer Accepted)
Role : Procurement representative
Field: Oil exploration, mining, etc.
Compensation range: $73k- 80k* CAD

2. Company: Honeywell
Role: Supply Chain Analyst, New Grad.
Field: Aerospace

Best regards,
Angad Chowdhary
manager@schulich

Angad, a query I have is, the Academic History requires our university to directly mail the transcripts to Canada. Not sure if the ones in India do this? Can you also throw some light on this issue? Also I see that Schulich has changed the web applications portal..

indian_scouser Says
Angad, a query I have is, the Academic History requires our university to directly mail the transcripts to Canada. Not sure if the ones in India do this? Can you also throw some light on this issue? Also I see that Schulich has changed the web applications portal..

@ indian_scouser

Hi there, in that case get your original transcripts and send it to schulich ( courier/in person/). Make sure the sealed envelope has the university stamp on it.

Yes your right, the web application portal now is more robust. Make sure you answer all the questions before hitting the submit button.

Best regards,
Angad Chowdhary
manager@schulich