Official queries thread for Asian Business School, Noida (2013-2015)

Hii…!! This is Niranjan and Tanushree,and we are representing brand Asian Business School (Noida).Our college is offering an AICTE approved PGDM along with2 years Executive Diploma in International business from oxford business college (U.K…

Hii..!! This is Niranjan and Tanushree,

and we are representing brand Asian Business School (Noida).

Our college is offering an AICTE approved PGDM along with

2 years Executive Diploma in International business from oxford business college (U.K).

PGD in media & entertainment from Asian Academy of Film & TV.

This thread is for any queries regarding the institute. :)

This article was written by Dr. Lalitya Vir Srivastava,
In an era where trade has no boundaries, global economy is trying to share a common platform developing common policies and practices for the world trade. With this kind of market dynamics, on one side there are lots of global opportunities available for both developed and developing countries but on the other there are major challenges of developing common business knowledge, skills and attitude to understand the commonality of the global trade.
India, being the second youngest country in the world is being looked upon as the greatest source for human resource out-sourcing, for the developed countries, said Mr Mark Runacres, Indian Adviser, Confederation of British Industry, in the national seminar “SEED-2012” on 'Business Strategies for Economic Evolution and Development' organized by Asian Business School, Noida on October 12, 2012.
Understanding the global business requirement, the youth today is required to develop the competence for business & trade round the globe. The global competence in current business environment not only refers to globally accepted knowledge, skills and attitude but also refers to development & understanding of common social, religious and culture value sets, which may add on to the overall competence of the youth and bring unity in diversity.
Globally, educators are facing challenges as they are expected to prepare the youth to live and work in the 'boundary-less' trade environment. The academicians across the globe understand relationship between the future global economy and the competence of the youth. The urgent necessity in India is to shift the paradigm in education from conventional to contemporary pedagogy and approach for converting the abilities to capabilities and finally developing the competence of our youth to global level by developing their higher order thinking skills and their ability to apply these skills effectively to a broad range of problems. This global competence will enable them to contribute to the new business world.
Society today seeks to increase knowledge, enhance communication, encourage creative expression, and generate new ideas across the fields of arts & culture, business, and education. Identifying the need of the global business world, we at Asian Business School, nurture and develop our young students to be globally competent citizens, workers, and leaders by equipping them with the knowledge and skills needed by using new ideas, new media, innovative practices, curricula, pedagogies, and assessment, for success in an increasingly interconnected world.
Academicians at ABS are putting their efforts together to give the direction to our youth for developing global competence and finding strategic fit for global opportunities.
Mr. Satish Kaushik, an Indian film director, producer and actor in Hindi films and theatre; visited Asian Business School, Asian Education Group and interacted with the management students. He appreciated the contribution of Asian Business School €™s initiative to give the professional touch to the media industry. He emphasized that today management students have career option in event management, electronic media and print media, Celebrity management and so on. Making a movie is a tremendous logistical undertaking. It €™s the execution of the details that ultimately determines the quality of the finished product; but it is the management professionals who market this product to the public.

Prof. Sandeep Marwah, Chairman of Asian Education Group focused on that Media Management deals with account planning and management/brand management, media planning and management and market research. The course provides knowledge and understanding of the multidisciplinary field of media management, encompassing media technology and its basic components as well as market studies, business development, organization and economics to beat the competition in the mass media market.
The students asked lot many questions on technical issues as well as on personal experiences of Mr. Satish Kaushik in the field of acting and direction. Mr. R.K. Singh of ASC, appreciated the contribution of Mr. Satish Kaushik to film industry. Dr. Lalitya Srivastava, Director, ABS, Noida, Paid his gratitude to the renowned director and actor for sharing his practical experience to make the management learning easy for the students.
Finance club of Asian Business School staged the first event on Saturday, 22 December 2012 at ABS Theatre. The event witnessed benign presence of Prof. Sandeep Marwah, President, Asian Education Group, Dr. Lalitya Vir Srivastava, Director, Asian Business School and respected faculty members.
Bulls n Bears has been formulated with the objective of spreading awareness about the financial world, demystifying the myths of personal finance and making the students of ABS economically wiser. The first event entitled – Mutual Fund Awareness Drive – aimed to spread the reach of mutual fund as a concept and product. The format of the event was designed to give students a perspective of mutual fund and enable them to step into the shoes of todays' relationship managers and pitch the product. The event was also arranged to improve the place-ability scores of the students.
The entire college was divided into three groups – each group having a team of mentors from senior classes. The teams were tasked to prepare an awareness brochure and sell the concept to the faculty and staff. The so-assumed customers rated the teams on the basis of knowledge of the product, persuasion skills, ability to close the deal, and overall performance.
Also, the teams had to display the concept of mutual fund through the soft-board displays on the basis of which they were adjudged. In the end, the teams had to present the concept to the audience using various presentation techniques and role-plays.
The event was compared by Hritvik Shalabh. The three teams presented on three different topics – “Mutual fund - basic concepts”, “how to purchase mutual funds” and “what are the products available for investment better than mutual fund?”
The tagline of the event stated - Mutual fund investments are subject to market risks, please read the offer document carefully before investing, or visit ABS to know more about the product and diversify the risk. The students were visibly engaged and enriched through the event week.
“The Vision of Industrial visit is to Inspire Young Managementt students to Lead development by taking enterprise. By doing so they can turn from job seeker to job creators. ” as well as Travel -As A Learning Experience to such International Trade Fairs. Also, Focuses on the concepts that the students need to learn along with providing adequate doses of Learning. 'Fun' can go a long way in making the students realize and relish the learning concepts and the importance of an Industrial Visit. The visit lasted for about six hours. Students came to know how exactly a various industries works , strategies adopted by them, the social welfare responsibilities and their execution.
Being a responsible management students one should know a basic knowledge about the working of the industry. Since; this annual event acts as a platform for manufacturers, traders, exporters and importers and displays a wide range of products and services including: Automobiles, Coir Products, Jute, Textiles, Garments, Household appliances, Kitchen appliances, Processed food, Beverages, Body care and healthcare Products, Furniture, Toys, etc. The IITF theme this year is “Skilling India”, which is most relevant, modern and extremely important aim for India today.
. The IITF, offers participants from different segments of the industry adequate visibility for their products and services among fair visitors with demarked halls representing different sectors. Through its special display section of techmart, representing products and technologies of small and medium enterprises, Saras, highlighting tribal and rural handicrafts, good living, focus on products and goods relevant to daily living, ensuring a distinct visibility for generic product categories. The theme is significant especially when Indian economy is poised for a robust growth in the coming years and the focus is being given on the manufacturing and infrastructure sectors, where skilled manpower becomes primary requirement. The fair reflects determination of Indian business community in the midst of realities such as globalization and competitiveness. The fair is indeed a display of India's prowess in scientific, industrial and agricultural development as well as, space IT, telecom and e- governance
It is the time of the year when we reflect over the past and hope for the best in the days and months to come. We carry with us the lessons we learned and the memories we hold dear. As we have entered New Year, we are perfectly aware of the realities of our world—a world that poses formidable challenges yet leaves ample room for new rays of hope to come in. With this message I would greet all the readers' a very happy new year 2013.After having brought over 5 issues of ABS Interface; it's time for me to give you new insights of the campus for this Month. This issue completely focuses on KESSHET 2013, the annual fest of Asian Business School.The fest provided a platform to position students of various stream and institutions under one common roof of participation to explore, learn, share, innovate and enhance knowledge. The two-day' event was a perfect blend of an array of 18 colorful activities, gala evenings, March process by ABS Students honoring the brave-heart. The event also witnessed the presence of celebrities and dignitaries on both the days. The two days were filled with beautiful colours of life were there was a message from Gargi College from Delhi University on wild life presented as a street play. The students of various colleges showcased their talent in front of dignitaries from outside world.
The days were even graced by god's presence where the day became sunny and everyone could enjoy the programmers in the open theater as well. KESSHET 2013 had generated a great spark in life of students to do much more ahead in ABS. The students of ABS got an opportunity to visit Parle- G in Bahadurgargh where they were acquainted with the manufacturing process of various products.
The most important day can never be forgotten by us i.e. 26th January Republic Day this was the day wherein our constitution was laid down. The spirit of the day was also seen in ABS where the students celebrated Republic day on 25th January. The students of ABS have always contributed in the newsletter; in this issue the student has showcased his talent in the form of poem.
This is not an end to the ABS Interface. The readers will have a lot more to explore in the forthcoming issues.
Warm Regards
Gunjan A. Rana
(HOD Marketing)
€˜Leaders are not born but made €™ keeping this in mind we at ABS constantly try to inculcate qualities like innovation, creativity, time management and conflict management in the students. With the emerging global change and the existing scenario of management education, managers and decision makers need to be technologically adept to compete in the challenging business environment. Asian Business School's spirited and integrated intellectual climate in the past years has attracted a broad new group of distinguished national and international scholars to join an already prestigious assembly of well-known faculty.
With every passing day, ABS is not only focusing on academics but on things beyond academics, which will help an individual to become a through professional. The education and training of managers should be interdisciplinary wherein the students should realize that they would not be working in isolation but in integration. Asian Business School is also uniquely positioned as the natural catalyst for progressive change and innovation across the institutions. ABS is a group of people who are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence.

Prof. Sandeep Marwah

KESSHET 2013, the annual fest of Asian Business School is a platform to position students of various streams and institutions under one common roof of participation to explore, learn, share knowledge and innovate. This two-day €™ event was a perfect blend of an array of 18 colorful activities, gala evenings, March process by ABS Students honoring the brave-heart. The event also witnessed the presence of celebrities and dignitaries.
The inauguration ceremony of KESSHET 2013 was presided over by Prof. Sandeep Marwah, President, Asian Education Group, a man of media and father of Film city Noida. The inaugural ceremony witnessed a very heavy and intellectually stimulating panel – Ms. Nasreen Ahmad, Chairperson of Global Women's Liberation secretary, Government of India, Mr. Vipin Gaur, renowned journalist and member of association of journalists of India, Mr. Harsh Vardhan, Course Director, Asian Education Group, Mr. R.K Singh, retired Joint Secretary, All India Radio and Joint Director, Asian School Of Media Studies, Mr. Ashok Tyagi, Director, Bollywood, whose last release, ”Dard-e-disco” in November 2012 rocked the box office.
In Good Hands of a Gifted Teacher
In good hands of a gifted teacher,
A classroom is magical place.
There is a smile on each face.
Creative energy is everywhere.
There is a catalyst who genuinely cares.
Desire and wonder is awakened.
The educational agenda is taken.
Self-management skills are modeled.
The best reality is bottled.
Gifts and talents are refined.
The willed future is designed.

Written By-
Himanshu Tiwari
Student- PGDM
ABS organized an Industrial visit on 24th January to Parle Products Pvt. Ltd. Bahadurgargh for its students.The students got an opportunity to acquaint themselves with the knowledge of the manufacturing process of biscuits and wafers. In the first phase the students were shown an animated movie wherein they showcased the complete product range.Thereafter the students were taken to the manufacturing unit where they got the complete feel of the process. In the final phase the students interacted with the HR head of Parle to know about the opportunities with the brand. Indeed it was a great experience for the students.
Admission Open for 2013-15 Session.
Application form available.

Students can also download online forms from http://abs.edu.in/
I had no one to turn to or talk to and I found that trust with my teacher and this is a poem to her.
Not just a teacher,but a friend
I had nowhere to turn,had nowhere to go.
This is just something I think you need to know
I don't know what made me trust you
I still remember the day when I told you what I've been through
I thought I should run away,go hide in a hole
But then you really brought out my true soul
As each day grew longer
Our trust became stronger
Each time I wanted to cry
You stayed there right by my side.
Then I moved to the next grade
I was afraid that our trust would slowly fade
but I was wrong,we are still strong.
Even though sometimes you don't have time
you at least ask me if I am fine
even though sometimes I am not
I feel like I have just been shot
I smile and say yes I'm alright
then I walk away and you're out of sight
I'll just have to wait,i still have my fate.
I am so glad that you were there when I was sad and this is what makes you
Not just my teacher,my friend....

Anjali-PGDM I

Invitation for International Conference ICE 2013
It gives me immense pleasure to invite you to the International Conference ICE 2013 on “Innovation, Creativity and Ethics in Current Business Scenario” on 15th March'2013 organized by Asian Business School, Noida. The conference aims at providing a common platform for academicians, researchers, practitioners, developers and entrepreneurs from around the globe to share expertise and disseminate knowledge in various domains of management. It would result in development and formulation of management strategies which can be implemented in area of management.
Asian Business School is a blend of excellence, perfection and innovation. In order to evolve and excel, the institute constantly emphasizes on improvisation and inventiveness. ABS is a trusted educational institution that supports the growth of business in the world at different levels by providing knowledge and managerial competencies.
ICE 2013 invites educationists, corporate executives and research scholars from all across the globe to contribute articles/ research papers/ case studies/ book reviews that would enrich the vision of people. We request you to send in your research work and also encourage your colleagues/ executives/ research scholars/ students to contribute their work in varied management domains.
Each of the submissions shall go through the process of blind review. Reviewers will evaluate each work on the basis of quality of the research, contribution and significance in the field of management and relevance to the main theme of the conference.
Looking forward for your active participation in making ICE 2013 a great Success.

Regards,
Dr Lalitya Vir Srivastava
Director
Asian Business School

Downloads: Conference Brochure, Poster Registration form
Route Map
Asian Business School
Marwah Studios Complex II
Plot A2 , Sector 125 Noida - 201303
Delhi NCR , India
Email: [email protected]
Tel.: 0120-4594100, 09311153400, 9311163400
Copyright © 2011 Asian Business School
We at Asian Business School believe that education in business management is not just about management but it is also about how management can improve various other disciplines and functions of which business is comprised of. We also believe in adapting the western education model to suit the socio-economic conditions prevailing in this part of the world. We are aware that with globalization and dismantling of rigid regulatory frameworks across the world, the business environment has become very dynamic and the modern day manager must be capable of adapting to the fast changing business environment. We are conscious of the fact that to be at the cutting edge of the business education and training, the B-Schools have to work in partnership not only with the business-houses but also with similar institutions across the world. We try and inculcate in the students the ability to foresee the changing business environment, make
innovative plans, implement radical policies as well as take and manage risk in business operations. We are committed to impart management education that is complete and self contained for preparing well rounded modern day managers. We also subscribe to the view that management concepts, approaches and techniques have to be continually evolved and that managerial decisions should be based both on systematic research and the gut feeling. We have also initiated research work with a view to expand the frontiers of knowledge in the realm of management.

Prof. Sandeep Marwah
Chaiman

Message from the President -ABS
€˜Leaders are not born but made €™ keeping this in mind we at ABS constantly try to inculcate qualities like innovation, creativity, time managementand conflict management in the students. With the emerging global change and the existing scenario of management education, managers and decision makers need to be technologically adept to compete in the challenging business environment. Asian Business School's spirited and integrated intellectual climate in the past years has attracted a broad new group of distinguished national and international scholars to join an already prestigious assembly of well-known faculty.
With every passing day, ABS is not only focusing on academics but on things beyond academics, which will help an individual to become a through professional. The education and training of managers should be interdisciplinary wherein the students should realize that they would not be working in isolation but in integration. Asian Business School is also uniquely positioned as the natural catalyst for progressive change and innovation across the institutions. ABS is a group of people who are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence.
Prof. Sandeep Marwah
All the aspiring applicants to be graduate from recognized university. Candidates appearing in the final year are also eligible provided they furnish the proof of having met the minimum eligibility criteria within 15 days from the date of publication of the result and latest before the start of first term examinations.

Last date of filling up the application form is 30th March 2013