[Official] MDI Gurgaon PGDM (Energy Management) 2012 Notification

The notification for Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (Energy Management) 2012 is out. You can see the notification here. All your queries will be answered in this thread. Just one request that please dont ask repetitive questions and go t…

The notification for Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (Energy Management) 2012 is out. You can see the notification here.

All your queries will be answered in this thread. Just one request that please dont ask repetitive questions and go through the thread before you click that POST button.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. A minimum of 3 years Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in any discipline recognized by AIU/AICTE as eligible for Post Graduate studies in Management.
  2. Minimum 5 years of post qualification executive work experience in the power and/or allied sectors as on 31 March, 2012

Admission Procedure:

Candidates will have to

1. appear for a screening test conducted by MDI Gurgaon
  2. or use their CAT 2011 score (at least 80 percentile)
  3. or GMAT score (>650). GMAT should not have been taken before January 1, 2010 and not later than January 31, 2012.

Date of MDI Screening test : Sunday, February 12, 2012
Centres of the test : Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bhubaneshwar

Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for a personal interview on the day of the exam.

Application Form:

Available on Cash Payment of Rs. 1600/- (Mon-Fri, 10 am - 5pm) from:

1. Admission Office, MDI Campus, Gurgaon
  2. MDI Liaison Office, IFCI Tower, Nehru Place, New Delhi

Applicants applying online can find the form here. You can send a DD of Rs. 1750/- or pay through debit/credit card/net banking.

Important dates

Availability of Application Form : 27th December 2011 30th January 2012
Last Date for Submission of Physical & Online Filled-in Application Form : 30th January 2012 (Upto 1700 Hours)
Entrance Test : 12th February 2012 (Sunday)

For more information, go through the Information Brochure 2012.

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for launching this thread on MDI Energy Management. I see that candidates, who would be called for written test, will be interviewed at the same day. Could you please shed light on when the final result would be delcared since the next batch is about to start in April 2012. Is there less weitage on test score and more importance being given to academics, work-exp and PI?

One more favor, how is the placement scenario for folks having 1-yr PGDM in Energy Mgmt? Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for launching this thread on MDI Energy Management. I see that candidates, who would be called for written test, will be interviewed at the same day. Could you please shed light on when the final result would be delcared since the next batch is about to start in April 2012. Is there less weitage on test score and more importance being given to academics, work-exp and PI?

One more favor, how is the placement scenario for folks having 1-yr PGDM in Energy Mgmt? Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi

Since I am from PGPM, I don't have all the information with me. I will either get someone from Energy Management to answer your queries or get information from admission office. Will get back to you soon.
Hi Saurabh,

Thanks

Hi

Since I am from PGPM, I don't have all the information with me. I will either get someone from Energy Management to answer your queries or get information from admission office. Will get back to you soon.

Hi,

Is there any update on when the list of shortlisted candidates would be put up for test and interview to be held for energy mgmt on Feb 12?

The list of candidates alongwith their centre is available on the website.

http://mdi.ac.in/images/pdf/List_candidates-Energy-2012.pdf

Interview letter: http://mdi.ac.in/images/pdf/Specimen-Interview-letter-ENERGY-TEST-2012.pdf

Personal Details Form : http://mdi.ac.in/images/pdf/ENERGY-Personal-Details-Form-2012.pdf

The list of candidates alongwith their centre is available on the website.

http://mdi.ac.in/images/pdf/List_candidates-Energy-2012.pdf

Interview letter: http://mdi.ac.in/images/pdf/Specimen-Interview-letter-ENERGY-TEST-2012.pdf

Personal Details Form : http://mdi.ac.in/images/pdf/ENERGY-Personal-Details-Form-2012.pdf

Hi,
Thanks for the details ya ... I attainded Interview today ....
Can you please update me about placement status of this branch

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for sharing the details. The result is declared. Is there some sort of assistance provided on getting edu locan? Please direct.

Thanks again.

Hi

I am from the batch of Energy Management 2010-11.

Recently I received few phone calls regarding the curiculum and placement process. Felt a detailed email in this regading might help the aspirants.

First of all let put my feeling first, I am proud to have done PGDM-Energy Management from MDI, Guragon. My expectations from MDI were good ciriculum and networking (I am satisfied with both of them)

According to my analysis this course provides great value at resonable cost.

Regarding the placement process, it is similar to any programme at MDI, it is a student driven process. Since MDI (brand name) provides the platform and Industry is interested in recruiting students from MDI Energy Management Programme. Placement for an average guy (who uses his time effectively at MDI) should not be a problem.

What ever may be your back ground before joining MDI, try to learn as much as possible within this one year it will add lot of value both to your professional and personal life.

Since it is a executive programme you will be well respected by the faculty (unlike 2 years programme) which will aid in the learning process (my practical experience). By the way MDI tops all the B schools in executive education in India.

There are no constrains for learning at MDI Energy Management Programme (my personal experience).

Placement data:
Average package of self sponsored students who opted for palcement is 11.0 Lakhs
(It should be kept in mind that some of the participants have changed their area of work after the PGDM Energy Management)

Please feel free to contact me for any other info.

Srinivasa Rao Rallapalli

Hi

I am from the batch of Energy Management 2010-11.

Recently I received few phone calls regarding the curriculum and placement process. Felt a detailed email in this regading might help the aspirants.

First of all let put my feeling first, I am proud to have done PGDM-Energy Management from MDI, Guragon. My expectations from MDI were good curriculum and networking (I am satisfied with both of them)

According to my analysis this course provides great value at resonable cost.

Regarding the placement process, it is similar to any programme at MDI, it is a student driven process. Since MDI (brand name) provides the platform and Industry is interested in recruiting students from MDI Energy Management Programme. Placement for an average guy (who uses his time effectively at MDI) should not be a problem.

What ever may be your back ground before joining MDI, try to learn as much as possible within this one year it will add lot of value both to your professional and personal life.

Since it is a executive programme you will be well respected by the faculty (unlike 2 years programme) which will aid in the learning process (my practical experience). By the way MDI tops all the B schools in executive education in India.

There are no constrains for learning at MDI Energy Management Programme (my personal experience).

Placement data:
Average package of self sponsored students who opted for placement is 11.0 Lakhs
(It should be kept in mind that some of the participants have changed their area of work after the PGDM Energy Management)

Please feel free to contact me for any other info.

Srinivasa Rao Rallapalli

Today, I spoke to an Professor of Energy Management Programme at MDI, came to know that they are introducing electives in Energy Management Programme. This would be a good news for 2012-13 aspirants.

Regards
Srinivasa Rao Rallapalli
PGDM - Energy Management 2010-11
MDI, Gurgaon

Hi

Today I spoke to one for the Professor of Energy Management at MDI, came to know that they are introducing electives from the present year. This would be a great news for the 2012-13 aspirants.

Regards
Srinivasa Rao Rallapalli
MDI, Gurgaon

Hi

Today I spoke to a Professor of Energy Management at MDI, came to know that from this year electives are being offered for the Energy Management participants. This would be a great news for the 2012-13 batch.

Regards
Srinivasa Rao Rallapalli
MDI, Gurgaon

Hi,

For all the students who wish to pay the advance fees as mentioned in the provisional offer letters (last day 12th Mar), you need to post the DD to the following address ( I called the Admission office and confirmed the address as it is not mentioned in the Offer letter).I am planning to join the course this year and hence thought of sharing the info with others.

Address:

Management Development Institute,
Admission Office,
M G Road, Sukrali,
Gurgaon - 122007

Regards,
Surobhi

Surobhi,

Thanks for sharing this information. I am still in dilemma and thinking whether to join this pgm or not. I was there in B'lor on 12th Feb for test and interview.

Do you have any information on the placement scenario for this year? I did talk to some of the alumni and it appears that the placement depends upon the composition of the batch i.e. the number of the sponsored candidates versus number of the self-sponsored candidates. So, majority of either of the said groups builds the placement situation and we are not sure on this particular attributes of the next batch.

Let me know what are your thoughts on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Surobhi,

Thanks for sharing this information. I am still in dilemma and thinking whether to join this pgm or not. I was there in B'lor on 12th Feb for test and interview.

Do you have any information on the placement scenario for this year? I did talk to some of the alumni and it appears that the placement depends upon the composition of the batch i.e. the number of the sponsored candidates versus number of the self-sponsored candidates. So, majority of either of the said groups builds the placement situation and we are not sure on this particular attributes of the next batch.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi people i will joining this course .... Anybody else going frm mumbai

Hi,

I am from Gurgaon and am joining this course. I have gathered sufficient info about this program and placements and I am convinced. According to me, this program is worth doing for any executive interested in the energy sector.

Regards
Arjyama

This information is not correct (based on personal experience). As per MDI policy only sponsored candidates will sit for campus placement.

Srinivasa Rao

Surobhi,

Thanks & Regards,