Official LRDI Group || CAT : 2020 || MBA - 2021-2023

Discussion forum for LRDI questions of Manangement Entrance exams  

Hello People,

I am planning on posting a set everyday for practice wherein the question will be posted here and the solution will be posted in the video form on my youtube channel named "Shankar Bhayanakar" on the next day.

link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnV3E4eFnUAeoJYd1yil3g 

If you feel like there are things I can do to make it better, let me know.

Fair Warning: I am doing this right now with the intent on following through all the way upto CAT but if in between I get busy otherwise, I may not able to upload questions and videos and thus would warn people against using this series as their primary source of study. 

Question for 1st April, 2020 - Level Basic 

Five theatres A, B, C, D and E screen two out of ten films based on Romance, Thriller, Horror, Adventure, Children, Drama, Documentary, History, Religion and Cartoon. Each theatre exhibits only two films and allots two different slots for them, wherein slot I is before slot II. 

C screens a Horror film in the first slot, while E exhibits a Historical film in the second slot. 

B exhibits a thriller film in the second slot and D exhibits a documentary film. 

A film on Drama must be exhibited only in the second slot. 

The Children’s film and the Cartoon film are exhibited in the same theatre while the religious film is not in the first slot. 

Q1. If C screens a Religious film in its second slot, then which of the following films are screened by theatre D?

A] Cartoon and History 

B] Documentary and Drama 

C] Documentary and History 

D] Horror and Documentary 

Q2. Theatre A exhibits films based on 

A] Cartoon and Children 

B] History and Cartoon 

C] Cartoon and Romance 

D] Romance and Religion.

Q3. If a film on Drama is screened after the Documentary film in the same theatre, then the film on Religion is immediately preceded by a film on

A] Horror 

B] Thriller 

C] History 

D] None of these 

Q4. If a film on Romance is screened along with the Historical film in the same theatre, then which of the following films does theatre B exhibit?

A] Horror and Thriller 

B] Religious and Thriller 

C] Thriller and Historical 

D] Adventure and Thriller 

The solution video would be given tomorrow in the comments

I am planning on posting a set everyday for practice wherein the question will be posted here and the solution will be posted in the video form on my youtube channel named "Shankar Bhayanakar" on the next day.

Fair Warning: I am doing this right now with the intent on following through all the way upto CAT but if in between I get busy otherwise, I may not able to upload questions and videos and thus would warn people against using this series as their primary source of study. 

Question for 2nd April, 2020 - Level Basic

Exactly four out of the eight friends named Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Nixon and Kennedy have a number of gold coins with them. The number of gold coins with these four friends can be 1, 2, 5 or 10. Each of those four friends has different number of gold coins with them. The remaining four friends do not have any gold coin with them.

Six individuals, named A, B, C, D, E and F are asked to predict the names of the friends having different number of gold coins with them. The following table shows the predictions made by these six individuals:

10 Coins         5 Coins         2 Coins       1 Coin

A         Kennedy          Trump          Reagan      Obama

B          Clinton          Kennedy          Bush         Carter

C           Bush              Reagan         Trump       Obama

D          Carter             Clinton          Nixon       Kennedy

E           Nixon             Obama         Clinton       Reagan

F           Carter              Nixon           Obama        Bush

Further, the following points are known:

Out of the four names mentioned by each of these six individuals, exactly two names contained the names of the friends who had gold coins with them and the remaining two names were of the friends who did not have any gold coin with them. 

Each individual correctly predicted the names of the two friends who had gold coins with them. However, the number of coins predicted by each individual with these friends was swapped. For example, if one friend (named say ‘P’) has 10 gold coins and the second friend (named say ‘Q’) has 5 coins, there is exactly one individual who predicted that P and Q had gold coins with them. However, that individual predicted that ‘P’ had 5 coins and ‘Q’ had 10 coins (i.e. exactly opposite of the number of coins actually with them).

Q1) The exact number of gold coins with how many of the four friends can be uniquely determined?

a) 0                  b) 1                      c) 2                     d) More than 2

Q2) Out of the four friends predicted by C, who are the two friends who had gold coins with them?

a) Bush and Reagan                    b) Reagan and Trump       

c) Trump and Obama                  d) Bush and Obama

Q3) What was the sum of the number of gold coins with the friends predicted by D?

a) 15                 b) 7                       c) 3                    d) 6

Q4) How many of Trump, Nixon, Bush and Obama had at least one gold coin with them?

a) 0                   b) 1                       c) 2                    d) More than 2

Solution video would be given tomorrow in comments

Question for 3rd April, 2020 - Level moderate

The following list gives the number of runs scored by the Indian batsmen in a match. The batsmen are given in the order in which they came to bat. The values below give the score of the team at which the wickets fell.

Name of the batsman Score

Uthappa                     15

Sachin                       26

Gambhir                     31

Yuvraj                         8

Rohit                        52

Dhoni                        23

Pathan                        37

Chawla                       10

Harbhajan                     5

Sreesanth                      2

Ishant                          4

Total                         220

The score of the team at which the wickets fell are as follows 1 – 25, 2 – 52, 3 – 70, 4 – 100, 5 – 130, 6 – 165, 7 – 190, 8 – 200, 9 – 205 and 10 – 220. India’s total score is the sum of the scores made by the batsmen and extras if any. The extras, are not in the name of any batsman.

1. What was India’s score when Gambhir was out? (Write -1 if cannot be determined)

2. What was India’s score when Rohit was out? (Write -1 if cannot be determined)

3. Who was the other batsman when Pathan got out?

a) Ishant        b) Harbhajan       c) Sreeshant      d) Chawla 

4. Which player was out when India’s score was 70?

a) Uthappa     b) Sachin             c) Gambir          d) Yuvraj

Solution video would be given tomorrow in comments 

PS: I didn't think I would have to mention this but I would like it if people attempted the set and then posted their answers in the comments

Question for 4th April, 2020 - Level moderate

See the attached image (Editing the post over and over again is too irritating)

Question for 5th April, 2020 - Level Basic

See the attached image 

The nationwide lockdown due to the Coronavirus pandemic has impacted every aspect of life, including your preparation for CAT. We at T.I.M.E. believe that difficult situations call for actionable solutions. 

We are happy to announce that our Online Classes are a big success and are being greatly appreciated by thousands of enrolled students who are using them to learn and prepare for various entrance exams and stay ahead of the competition!   T.I.M.E. Online Classes are designed to help you prepare in the best way to crack the toughest of entrance exams as the Online Classes cover every aspect of CAT preparation – Basics, Exercises, and Discussions.

Reach us on 9004510498 for more details...

Watch demo classes at  http://t4e.in/catonlinecourses.html 

Enroll online at : https://www.time4education.com/cc_enrollments/crashcourse1.aspx?c=ALL 

Question for 6th April, 2020 - Level moderate

See the attached image 

Question for 7th April, 2020 - Level moderate 

Question for 8th April, 2020 

See the attached image 

Question for 9th April, 2020
See the attached image below

Question for 10th April, 2020

See the attached image

Question for 11th April, 2020

Question for 12th April, 2020

Question for 13th April, 2020

See the attached image

Question for 14th April, 2020

See the attached image

Hi can anyone suggest good books/material for LRDI. I am self preparing so don't have any coaching material.

Thanks in advance

Question for 15th April, 2020

Is the Daily Practice Series helpful? Should I even continue?

PS: Question stems from lack of responses on the questions.

• Yes, Although I don’t solve them right now but I am saving them for future reference when I feel I am ready.
  • Daily Practice? What Daily Practice?
  • Don’t know what is going on but want to read comments (Skip Poll)
  • Yes, I solve them everyday. I find them useful.
  • Naah, they are just one among many promotional posts on this page.

0 voters

Question for 16th April, 2020

See the attached image