[OFFICIAL] K J Somaiya Institute of Management 2024-2026 MBA Admissions

Join the discussion on K J Somaiya Institute of Management MBA Admissions 2024-2026.
K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai is a prominent Business School of India with a rich legacy of four decades. The Institute offers a wide range of course options in Masters, Doctorate and Part-time Masters.

1. Brief Introduction
As per the academic dynamics, it is imperative for an MBA student to have diversified knowledge and for the very same reason, the college offers its students to choose a Major specialization and also opt for a Minor specialization. Students are required to opt for one Major and one Minor specialization each. The Major specialization needs to be opted for before the 4th trimester, while the Minor needs to be opted for before the 5th trimester. The sanctioned intake of the K J Somaiya Institute of Management’s MBA program is 600 added with supernumerary seats.

Specializations:
Major Specializations offered -
• Data Science and Analytics
• Finance
• Human Resources
• Marketing
• Operations Management

Minor Specializations Offered -
• Business Analytics
• Data Science
• Financial Services
• Marketing
• Strategy and Consulting
• Sustainability
• People Development
• Operations Management
Note: The list mentioned above is indicative in nature and the scope to increase or decrease the Minors will be based on market needs. The Institute reserves the rights to modify the list of Majors and Minors based on inputs from various stakeholders.

The Institute also offers two profile-based programmes, as follows:
• MBA - Healthcare Management (30 seats with supernumerary seats)
• MBA - Sports Management (30 seats with supernumerary seats).

2. Eligibility
• Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree from a recognized university
• The applicant must have taken one of the Accepted Entrance Exams (list mentioned below) and have cleared the cut-off for the MBA programme
• Past extra-curricular achievements and the academic result are given weightage according to the actual performance of the applicant.

3. Selection Process
• Applicants will be shortlisted for the CA-PI process based on their test scores (for MBA-HCM and MBA-SM, profile – based shortlisting will be done)
• CA-PI process will be conducted online, post the release of shortlist
• Declaration of consolidated results will take place thereafter
• Online seat allocation will be done subject to the applicant’s performance and availability of seats.

4. Applications Start and End date
• Last date to apply – 18 January 2024.

5. Exam Accepted for MBA Programme
• CAT 2023
• XAT 2024
• CMAT 2024
• NMAT*
• GMAT*
Note:

1. Profile-based Shortlisting will be done for MBA-HCM and MBA-SM
  2. *Candidates applying through NMAT & GMAT are required to select K J Somaiya Institute of Management as one of the institutes for sending their scores in NMAT & GMAT application forms/portal respectively
  3. For NMAT, the scores of only the first attempt of the students will be considered
  4. GMAT scores are valid for 3 years (from 1st January 2021 to 18th January 2024).

6. Placement Highlights 2023
• Highest Package – 25.95 LPA
• Average Package – 12.32 LPA
• Average Salary of Top 100 Offers – 16.59 LPA.

7. Scholarship offered
Financial Aid facility available – In order to make quality education accessible and affordable to all, Somaiya Vidyavihar University offers Financial Aid to those in need.
For more information, visit: Financial Aid Somaiya Vidyavihar University

Other Important Articles:
Why AACSB Accreditation matters in Management Education?

Relevance of an MBA - Sports Management and MBA - Healthcare Management in Today’s World - K J Somaiya Institute of Management

Student-driven Committees and Opportunities at K J Somaiya Institute of Management

7 Likes

LIFE @ SIMSR

“Pursue what catches your heart, not what catches your eyes.” – Roy T. Bennett.  

K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, or fondly called K J SIMSR, is one such campus that easily catches both your eyes and your heart. Amidst the hustle and bustle of Mumbai, is located an institution known for its state of the art education in management.

After having worked and lived in Delhi for over a year, I thought that I have experienced a very professional and high paced life which is needed for a course like PGDM. Little did I know that I was in for another level of spontaneity and creativity.

It all begun with the induction, a week long program having activities ranging from debates, introductions, role plays, art and craft workshop and what not. It was amusing that each of the activities brought out some or the other qualities of a potential manager, not to forget that these helped everybody to get accustomed with the environment. High point of induction remained the outbound programme that helped each student create a bond with one another.

Apart from the induction of classes students got acquainted to the campus spread over 60 acres having a mesmerizing view, Olympic size athlete track and sports arena. The Ganesh Idol sitting in front of the SIMSR building fills you up with positivity and enthusiasm. Well, yes, enthusiasm to attend evening group task discussions after a hectic day of classes and positivity to assure yourself that assignments will be completed in time.

A student driven campus, that SIMSR is, has lots of committees that work on different verticals related to all the events, competitions and activities taking place in the campus. And their interviews, well they are grilling, giving an insight to the upcoming placement season that everybody would face. In these committees, you learn, grow and work in tandem which are essentials for a corporate culture.

Amidst these Harvard cases in classes, presentations and committee work, “All Izz Well” comes as a blessing in disguise. A 3 day inter branch cultural competition, although quite intense but manages to impart the importance of team work in a very fun way.

This experience is really amazing and is like a roller coaster that seems scary at first, but is tempting and at the same time can yield a lucrative professional trajectory for an aspirant.

Lastly, enjoying the journey is necessary but set your goals and prioritize them. As my first ever marketing presentation in KJ SIMSR taught me:

“Start with the end in mind.”

Hoping to master my future at SIMSR with ringing bells !!

Arpit Lodha, PGDM CORE (2018 – 2020)

1 Like

The Post Graduate Diploma in Management program is the flagship program of KJ SIMSR which moulds students into competent value-driven professionals with a strong grounding in management principles and processes.

The program aims at imparting holistic education incorporating ethics, good governance and social responsibility in addition to competencies in chosen specialization areas. 

The pedagogy comprises case studies, projects, assignments, presentations, guest lectures, role plays, field visits, field projects and interactive classroom lectures. Students are expected to spend considerable time in self-study and come prepared for the classes. The teaching-learning process lays emphasis on leadership and integrative thinking as peer group learning.

To know more: https://simsr.somaiya.edu/simsr/Admission/FT_PGDM

1 Like

The Post Graduate Diploma in Management - International Business (IB) endeavors to make the students competent and versatile in specialized areas like International Business Strategies, International Trade Finance, Business in Emerging Markets, Country Analysis, Sectoral Strategies, International Marketing and MNC Management.

The focus is on creating a global mindset and developing functional competencies necessary for operating in the changing International Environment. To develop cross-cultural sensitivity and foreign language capability.

In addition to classroom learning through case studies, simulations, projects, and assignments, the students learn through participation in co-curricular activities including interactions with International Trade Desk of various countries, International Immersion ( Optional) and Inter-Cultural Exchanges which are facilitated by International Business Society (IBS@SIMSR) functioning since November 2009. 

To know more : https://simsr.somaiya.edu/simsr/programmes/ft_pgdm/PGDM_(IB)/en

1 Like

The Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Financial Services (FS) course aims to provide a comprehensive coverage of the various aspects of the Indian Financial system comprising of markets, institutions, products and services. It endeavours to make the students competent in all the functional areas like Risk management, Portfolio management, Wealth management, Corporate Finance etc. that leads to developing expertise in the field of Financial Services.

The course also provides insights into niche areas such as financial modelling, commodity markets, fixed income securities etc. The course provides career opportunities in the field of Banking, Insurance, Rating Agencies, Regulators, Capital Marketsand Financial Institutions. The focus is on creating a competentmind set and developing functional competencies necessary for operating in the changing global economies.

In addition to classroom learning through case studies, projects and assignments, the students learn through participation in co-curricular activities including interactions with key industry experts, arranged by Finstreet. Students also contribute to its monthly publication Finstreet, which goes a long way to enhance their perspective of economic affairs and changing trends in the global economies. 

To know more: https://simsr.somaiya.edu/simsr/programmes/ft_pgdm/PGDM_(FS)/en

The Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Retail Management (RM) course aims to prepare the students to build a career broadly in retail both front -end and back-end and face the challenges in the retail industry by judicious mix of theory and practical applications. To build and foster a sense of service attitude and customer care in the students that is essential for the success in the retail industry and to mould participants into retail professionals for meeting the growing opportunities in the retail industry in India. 

SIMSR- the mecca of retail management caters to a niche segment and provides profound knowledge of Retail management to impassioned future managers. 

To know more : https://simsr.somaiya.edu/simsr/programmes/ft_pgdm/PGDM_(RM)/en

1 Like

do we have to separately fill the college form if trying to seek admission through CMAT?

IMPORTANT !!!

KJ SIMSR releases its application form  for PGDM /IB/RM/FS/COMM/HCM for the session 2019-2021.

Apply for the same at: https://simsr.somaiya.edu/simsr/simsr/Admission/FT_PGDM

Last date to apply is 10th Jan 2019

To know more visit: https://simsr.somaiya.edu/simsr

can anyone share the approximate cut off for CMAT/CAT/XAT. please 

It's time to raise the curtain and liberate yet another generation of future leaders.

KJ SIMSR releases its Brochure for the PGDM 2019-2021 batch.

View Brochure at: https://bit.ly/2CpIpfP

Hey I have some confusion w.r.t application for SIMSR.  

A. Will awards for Inter college competitions come under Co-curricular activity??

B. Also i worked on a research project  under semi-government institute for Ministry of Finance, GOI. I got the letter for appreciation from Ministry  for that research project. Can i put this under National award?? 

C. Also where can i put my All India CBSE merit certificate for 0.1% performing students achievement??? I believe it should come under National. Please guide !

Hi i had few doubts regarding my application. In graduation i have my marks in cgpa, so what am i suppose to write in marks obtained and total marks?

I have a doubt regarding application

As right now cat and cmat have'nt been conducted yet,

so do i have to leave the score details blank in the application ?

And if so will i be able to update it later on,considering if i submit my appliction now ?

ALUM SPEAKS #1 – Mr. Hiten Ghelani (CEO – Mahindra Marine, SIMSR Batch 1988-90)

https://www.pagalguy.com/articles/alum-speaks-1---mr.-hiten-ghelani-ceo-mahindra-marine-simsr-alum-batch-1988-90 

1 Like

SIMSR Power Profile #1 - Anmol Gupta

They say "Well begun is half done". And who better than the man responsible for the design of the "Power Profiles" initiative. A creative genius, cricketer and much more.

Anmol Gupta (aka Prince Gupta) - Marketing - 1st Year

#MasterYourFutureAtSIMSR
#OptimismUnbound
#SIMSRPowerProfiles
#DiverseProfiles
#KnowTheSIMSRites
#SIMSRnU

The countdown to CAT has begun. It is now time to relax and revise what you have learnt so far.

Simsr brings to you a daily dose of concepts and questions.

VA #1

Harold a professional man who had worked in an office for many years had a fearful dream. In it, he found himself in a land where small slug-like animals with slimy tentacles lived on people's bodies. The people tolerated the loathsome creatures because after many years they grew into elephants which then became the nation's system of transport, carrying everyone wherever he wanted to go. Harold suddenly realised that he himself was covered with these things, and he woke up screaming. In a vivid sequence of pictures this dream dramatised for Harold what he had never been able to put in to words; he saw himself as letting society feed on his body in his early years so that it would carry him when he retired. He later threw off the "security bug" and took up freelance work. 

1. Which one of the following phrases best helps to bring out the precise meaning of 'loathsome creatures'?

A.Security bug and slimy tentacles

B.Fearful dream and slug-like animals

C.Slimy tentacles and slug-like animals

D.slug-like animals and security bug 

1 Like

The countdown to CAT has begun. It is now time to relax and revise what you have learnt so far.  

Simsr brings to you a daily dose of concepts and questions. 

QA #1

A, B and C won Gold, Silver and Bronze medals respectively in a 10 Km race, running at a uniform speed. If A beat B by 1 Km and B beat C by 1 Km, then by how many metres does A beat C?

A) 2000 m

B) 2400 m

C) 1900 m

D) None

1 Like

Is Cut off for IB and other programs different from core PGDM ? 

IMPORTANT !!! KJ SIMSR releases its application form  for PGDM /IB/RM/FS/COMM/HCM for the session 2019-2021. Apply for the same at: https://simsr.somaiya.edu/simsr/simsr/Admission/FT_PGDM Last date to apply is 10th Jan 2019 To know more visit: htt...

Read more... 

1 Like

A State Level Gold Medalist, Recipient of POSCO Asia Fellowship for scholastic achievement, an Explorer and watch out for her Table Tennis Smash!! Presenting 1st Girl Power of this series

Noopur Walve - Marketing - 1st Year

#MasterYourFutureAtSIMSR
#OptimismUnbound
#SIMSRPowerProfiles
#DiverseProfiles
#KnowTheSIMSRites
#SIMSRnU