Join the discussion on K J Somaiya Institute of Management MBA Admissions 2023-2025.
K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai is a prominent Business School of India with a rich legacy of four decades. The Institute offers a wide range of course options in Masters, Doctorate and Part-time Masters.
1. Brief Introduction
As per the academic dynamics, it is imperative for an MBA student to have diversified knowledge and for the very same reason, the college offers its students to choose a Major specialization and also opt for a Minor specialization. Students are required to opt for one Major and one Minor specialization each. The Major specialization needs to be opted for before the 4th trimester, while the Minor needs to be opted for before the 5th trimester. The sanctioned intake of the K J Somaiya Institute of Management’s MBA program is 600 added with supernumerary seats.
Major Specializations offered -
• Data Science and Analytics
• Human Resources
• Operations Management
Minor Specializations Offered -
• Business Analytics
• Data Science
• Financial Services
• Strategy and Consulting
• People Development
• Operations Management
Note: The list mentioned above is indicative in nature and the scope to increase or decrease the Minors will be based on market needs. The Institute reserves the rights to modify the list of Majors and Minors based on inputs from various stakeholders.
The Institute also offers two profile-based programmes, as follows:
• MBA - Healthcare Management (30 seats with supernumerary seats)
• MBA - Sports Management (30 seats with supernumerary seats).
• Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree from a recognized university
• The applicant must have taken one of the Accepted Entrance Exams (list mentioned below) and have cleared the cut-off for the MBA programme
• Past extra-curricular achievements and the academic result are given weightage according to the actual performance of the applicant.
3. Selection Process
• Applicants will be shortlisted for the CA-PI process based on their test scores (for MBA-HCM and MBA-SM, profile – based shortlisting will be done)
• CA-PI process will be conducted online, post the release of shortlist
• Declaration of consolidated results will take place thereafter
• Online seat allocation will be done subject to the applicant’s performance and availability of seats.
4. Applications Start and End date
• The Admissions Application Form will remain open from – 21 October 2022
• Last date to apply – 18 January 2022.
5. Exam Accepted for MBA Programme
• CAT 2022
• XAT 2023
• CMAT 2023
- Profile-based Shortlisting will be done for MBA-HCM and MBA-SM
- *Candidates applying through NMAT & GMAT are required to select K J Somaiya Institute of Management as one of the institutes for sending their scores in NMAT & GMAT application forms/portal respectively
- For NMAT, the scores of only the first attempt of the students will be considered
- GMAT scores are valid for 3 years (from 18th January 2020 to 18th January 2023).
6. Placement Highlights 2022
• Highest Package – 26.50 LPA
• Average Package – 10.97 LPA
• Average Salary of Top 100 Offers – 15.80 LPA.
7. Scholarship offered
Financial Aid facility available – In order to make quality education accessible and affordable to all, Somaiya Vidyavihar University offers Financial Aid to those in need.
For more information, visit: Financial Aid Somaiya Vidyavihar University
Other Important Articles:
Why AACSB Accreditation matters in Management Education?