Admissions Update For Batch 2022
Join the discussion on K J Somaiya Institute of Management MBA Admissions 2022-2024.
K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai is a prominent business school of India with a rich legacy of four decades. The institute offers a wide range of course options in Masters, Doctorate and Part-Time Masters.
1. Brief Introduction about the course
As per the academic dynamics, it is imperative for an MBA student to have diversified knowledge and for the very same reason, the college offers its students to choose a major specialization and also opt for a minor specialization. Students are required to opt for one of the major and one of the minor specializations. The major specialization needs to be opted for before the 4th trimester. While the minor specialization needs to be opted for before the 5th trimester.
MBA (540 seats + supernumerary seats)
Major Specializations Offered:
- Data Science and Analytics (DSA)
- Human Resources
- Operations Management
Minor Specializations Offered:
- Data Science & Analytics
- Financial services
- Human Resource
- Integrated Marketing and Communications
- International Business
- Management Consulting
- Operations Management
- Retail Management
The institute offers two profile-based programmes as follows:
● MBA - Healthcare Management (30 seats)
● MBA - Sports Management (30 seats)
- Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- The applicant must have given one of the following entrance exams (list mentioned below) and clear the cut-off for the MBA programme
- Past extra-curricular achievements and the academic result are given weight according to the actual performance of the applicant.
3. Selection Process
- Applicants will be shortlisted for CA/PI based on their test scores. (Profile – based shortlisting for MBA – HCM and MBA – SM)
- CA/PI will be conducted online post shortlist.
- Declaration of consolidated results will take place thereafter.
- Online seat allocation based on the applicant’s performance and availability of seats.
4. Application Start and End date
- The admission process starts from – 24th October 2021
- The admission process ends on– 31st January 2022
5. Exam accepted for Course
- CAT 2021
- XAT 2022
- CMAT 2022
- Profile-based Shortlisting for MBA-HCM and MBA-SM
*Candidates applying through NMAT & GMAT are required to select K J Somaiya Institute of Management as one of the institutes for sending their scores in NMAT & GMAT application forms/portal respectively.
For NMAT, the scores of only the first attempt of the students will be considered.
GMAT scores are valid for 3 years (from 1st January 2019 to 31st January 2022)
6. Placements Report for the Class of 2020
- Highest Package – 29.75 Lakhs per annum
- Average Package – 9.41 Lakhs per annum
- Average Salary of Top 100 Offers- 12.50 Lakhs per annum
7. Scholarship offered by the College
Financial aid facility available- In order to make quality education accessible and affordable to all, Somaiya Vidyavihar University offers Financial Aid to those in need.
For more information, visit: Financial Aid
Other Important Articles:
[Why MBA During Covid | K J Somaiya Institute of Management (Why MBA During Covid | K J Somaiya Institute of Management – PaGaLGuY)