[Official] IMS Ghaziabad Admission Query Thread – 2022-24

Join the discussion on IMS Ghaziabad PGDM Admission 2022-24 and Get the details about the Admission Process, PGDM – IB (International Business), Big Data Analytics, Eligibility, Fees, placements and cut off.

Institute of Management Studies, Ghaziabad

IMS Ghaziabad is one of the oldest management institutions in northern India and has been imparting quality management education for more than thirty years. It offers various postgraduate level management programs in multiple disciplines. The motive of the institute is to create management professionals who are equipped to take on global challenges. IMS Ghaziabad has been ranked amongst the top business schools in the country for several years.

• Name of the Program : Post graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)

• Duration of the Program : 2 Years

• Mode of Education : Full-Time Residential Program

• Available Seats : 360 students

• Accepted Entrance Exams : CAT, CMAT, XAT, ATMA, and MAT

Eligibility Criteria

• Candidate must have completed at least a three-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or institution of India. The degree must be recognized by UGC/AICTE.

• Work experience is desirable but not mandatory. Freshers can also apply.

Admission Process

• Register online on the website of the institute and pay the application fee.

• Appear for any of the acceptable entrance exams.

• Candidates will be shortlisted based on the cut-off declared by the institute.

• Selected candidates should register for the GD and PI and then appear on the specified date.

• The final list of selected candidates to be declared by the institute.

heya all..
a truth abt IMS ghaziabad (possibly u know abt it)

heya all...

a truth abt IMS ghaziabad (possibly u know abt it):-

My brother is studying in IMS ghaziabad. the college claims an avg packg of 7 lpa and a max of 20 lpa. i came to know abt this figure from college's ad in TOI newspaper (Delhi edition dt 15/01/09)

The Truth: The avg of "placed" students is around 4 lpa. highest is around 8 lpa. i have highlighted "placed" cuz the senior batch has got an appaling 15% final placement only. whereas by this time, b-schools are supposed to have their 100% final placements (of their potential).

The college may argue that the poor placement is because of industrial slowdown, bt still, the college has never achieved 100% placement & never the avg package has crossed 4 lpa.

Summers: All b-schools achieve 100% summer placements by this time (end of II term), but from my bro's batch, only 1 student has got his summer placement from a batch size of over 250 (and that too zero stipend).

infact, there are many other facts about college. bt since they are not related to career, i am not mentioning it, bt i guess those things do affect ur life.

I completely agree with you.Though i can't verify the stats(15% etc) but the overall picture is true...

the above facts are absolutely true, and ya ims may not top regarding placements or for that matter anything positive, but it will definitely top the list if a survey is conducted among the b schools of the world regarding human rights violation!!!! i guess most of the people who have some aquaintances in ims will be knowing whats going on here since yesterday.i dunno on what basis they have increased the fee to 8.20 lacs ?? are they havin 100 pc placements? can they arrange for internships? are they providing good hostel facilities? or is the college is having good infrastructure? it definitely ranks very low on all font except of course the quality of students. almost all of the companies coming for placement are giving a package of around 1.50 lac pa n those negligible students who hv managed to get 5 or 6 lac pa is or campus, 100 percent only on their own merit;they wud hv got this much package even if they had done some university mba program. then what the point in payin 8.20 lacs to this college?? i hope prospective students keep their ears and eyes open and think properly before taking any decision so that they dont hv to suffer like us .:eyepop:

Hw bt chargin 8.5 Lacs 4 IMT-N ???? I raised the same qstn in IMT-N forum but seniors had no reply i gues!!!!

hello.
i have received a gd/pi call from ims,ghaziabad.
cat percentile is 88.48.have no idea about this college.kindly suggest.

hello.
i have received a gd/pi call from ims,ghaziabad.
cat percentile is 88.48.have no idea about this college.kindly suggest.

dear raveena, if ur CAT (and not MAT) %ile is really 88%ile, DO NOT EVEN THINK OF IMS!!! bt ya, i definitely wud had suggested u IMS in case u had scored 38%ile in CAT. hope u've understood wat actually i want to say.

Frens this is the story of not only 1 but all the MBA colleges in India...Symbiosis chargig 10 lkhs...Nm charging 8 lkhs....infact this fee hike(almost 100%) has affected me badly..i have Narsee monjee call but this much money!!!!!!common i dnt have a machine to print notes....i think there shud be some norms atleast from government side which check the fee structures for these institutes....more than study centres these institutes have become businesses..i mean common how can they play with the future of students...

Thanks for an eye opener !!!

biggest fargiwada college i ever seen in my life is IMS gziabad.....i gt 89.7 in cat and 70 b.tech,70 12th,57 in 10th but not short listed hehe.....
and one of my frnd hv 99 in mat and almost same profile is also not shortlisted.....
IIM ka baap ho rha hai...CAT k koi value ni hai as they again tk a aptitute test hehe.....
1100 ka DD jo milta hai sbse...i wil not suggest to anyone to go in IMS at al...
al the best guys..

virtualworld Says
dear raveena, if ur CAT (and not MAT) %ile is really 88%ile, DO NOT EVEN THINK OF IMS!!! bt ya, i definitely wud had suggested u IMS in case u had scored 38%ile in CAT. hope u've understood wat actually i want to say.

hi..yes it is 88.48 and i was kind of unknown to the procedure of selecting b-schools so applied for ims ghaziabad..
thank you.

this is the story of not only ims ghaziabad but of more than 90% of collges in xat and mat and of more than 80 % colleges of cat so better collect the information regarding the college and never trust in the college's website and never go by b school ranking of private colleges by any magazine because i read once that b school has setting with the magazine publishers and in which i read this that magazine also publishes yearly b school ranking

i have got admission letter from asia pacific institute of management and ims ghaziabad. which one out of the two shall i take admission.

after reading all things i want to make it very clear that ims,ghaziabad is a decent mat college with good reputation especially in UP.more over that having good infra. and course structure as well as good faculty.now the major issue here is obviously placement so let me make it clear to all now whole world is laboring under recession and even iim students are hardly getting good placements with high pkgs.even 5 or 8 students of iimA join BOB at 3.5L pkg.even though ims successfully placed its TM(tourism) students 100% placement.and pgdm with 35-40% plc. and it will augment up to 50-60 % up to july.
rest is up to you what is right or wrong go to clg. talk to students and yes what you deserve you will surely get,work hard dont think much about the future coz market will surely become good with in a year.

First deserve, than desire!

thanks aparna...r u the student of this college.

kaushalkumarjha Says
thanks aparna...r u the student of this college.

hi kaushal,
hi kaushal,
myself ankit for more detail contact me at

ANKIT please do not share ur personal details of this forum.:nono:

you can PM (Private Message) to the person with whom you wanna share ur details.

Hope you will comply with forum rules in Future.

Happy Pagalguyying
after reading all things i want to make it very clear that ims,ghaziabad is a decent mat college with good reputation especially in UP.more over that having good infra. and course structure as well as good faculty.now the major issue here is obviously placement so let me make it clear to all now whole world is laboring under recession and even iim students are hardly getting good placements with high pkgs.even 5 or 8 students of iimA join BOB at 3.5L pkg.even though ims successfully placed its TM(tourism) students 100% placement.and pgdm with 35-40% plc. and it will augment up to 50-60 % up to july.
rest is up to you what is right or wrong go to clg. talk to students and yes what you deserve you will surely get,work hard dont think much about the future coz market will surely become good with in a year.

First deserve, than desire!

Dear, at this stage u shud understand that colleges are gud or bad on a relative term. Just babbling around that IMS is a gud college (just b'coz u r a part of IMS) doesn't makes any sense. Someone may even say that XLRI is a bad college, but to say that, u shud be a part of atleast IIM-A/B/C.

No one has ever mentioned that IMS is a bad college. Only some facts regarding placements, its infrastructure, hostel facility have been mentioned which are just facts and NOT OPINIONS! I respect your feelings towards IMS as you shud have that, but you shud also have some ethics of not helping your college in misleading b-school aspirants.

It's not just the placements which you look for while deciding for a college. There are many other factors. Do you want me to post here what hostel facilities IMS provides, how is the mess facility, how is the internet facility, how is the transportation facility to & from hostel to college and what happens to a student when he complains about a deficient service to the director... or the best: What had happened with some students of IMS when they were on a college trip (i guess to nainital).

There are many products available in the market which have superb packaging from outside but when you buy and try the product, you come to know the reality. IMS may be having good reputation outside, but I bet, that reputation had been developed by fake claims of the college which I had mentioned earlier. Through this thread, I am just trying to show the reality to the aspirants and NOT POINTING FINGERS AGAINST IMS. We are actually no one to say whether a college is good or bad. We can just highlight some facts based on which a candidate may decide his/her future. Moreover, I have never compared any b-school with IMS.

I hope you have understood what I wanted to say and please please please... I urge you not to take this post personally.

let me make it clear i am not at all the part of this college.what ever figure i mention here i hv not at all fabricate it,i got that from the ims students.i am here for help not to obfuscate the issue.

if any one want to take admission in Delhi or ncr region,they could consider this college it is my opinion .although fee is high.
rest is up to you. :-P

let me make it clear i am not at all the part of this college.what ever figure i mention here i hv not at all fabricate it,i got that from the ims students.i am here for help not to obfuscate the issue.

if any one want to take admission in Delhi or ncr region,they could consider this college it is my opinion .although fee is high.
rest is up to you. :-P

it's a common sense buddy that college students won't tell u the reality. apply your brain too. juz on the basis of college students' opnion, dun make ur opinion.