[Official] IIM Bangalore 2017-19 Admission Queries

Congratulations on getting shortlisted for the admission process of IIM Bangalore.

This page is run by the current students and the Student Media Cell of IIMB to clear any queries regarding the admission process.

We would like to establish a few ground rules:

1. Please use this forum to only post queries about the admission procedure of IIMB, which would be responded to at the earliest.

2. Kindly refrain from posting queries on comparison between the various IIMs or other B-schools.

Request you to abide by these rules.

Congratulations on getting shortlisted for the admission process of IIM Bangalore!

This page is run by the current students and the Student Media Cell of IIMB to clear any queries regarding the admission process.

We would like to establish a few ground rules:

1. Please use this forum to only post queries about the admission procedure of IIMB, which would be responded to at the earliest.

2. Kindly refrain from posting queries on comparison between the various IIMs or other B-schools.

Request you to abide by these rules.

For a 3.5+ years of work experience, who are right people to provide refreneces from? Should they all be from the workplace or 2 from workplace and one from college? 

Regarding the references, what will be the reference letter page be like. Will it be questionnaire type or a descriptive letter about the candidate. Kindly clarify so that we can inform the referees about the process.

Is it ok if all my references are from workplace for someone with 2+years experience as getting in touch with college professors would be difficult

I do not have any work-ex as I have completed me Btech degree in 2016. As for the references, who are the right people to gt them from?And can u please provide an idea about what would be the pattern of the refernce form?

Has everyone shortlisted for WAT/PI received the mail from IIMB regarding the application process?

I have been shortlisted but haven't received any official mail yet.

Will we come to know on the portal as well if our referees have submitted their letters or we wil have to check form them personally?

What all details about me my referee will get through mail IIM-B as I have not informed about my CAT exam to my seniors.. They will get only name or percentile and all also..

Hello,

I am facing problem with the Select Programme drop down Menu, it is only showing the following courses:

Fellow Programme in Management

PG Programme in Enterprise Management

PG Programme in Management (Internation Students)

PG Programme in Public Policy and Management

But not the PGP programme for Indian Students

'Reason for change' under Work exp column - does it mean, reason for changing from previous job, or change from job to MBA ? Can someone please help. Thank you!

Is it okay to have a refernce from a teacher at school (10th std) and a couple of them from college (project guide+staff advisor)? (I have no workex)

Hi Guys,

This post is for DELHI CALL GETTERS

Congratulations for getting IIM calls!!

Some of you must be planning to enrol for interview coaching classes and there are definitely some good options available. But I just want you to be BEWARE OF MALAY RAY SIR CLASSES and I have an anecdote to validate that.
'I had enrolled for Malay Ray Sir classes in Jan'16 after geting CAT'15 -99.51 %ile and calls from IIM C, L, K, I, S, New IIMs, FMS, SPJAIN. My second interview and the big one IIMC was on Feb 11 and I had enrolled for the classes after looking at website and talking to him on phone. I had asked him for some of his time because my interview was quite early and he asked me to meet him on Feb 9 just after my SPJAIN interview. I was asked to meet him at 3 PM, as I was done with my SPJAIN interview early, I decided to wait for 2 hours. Surprisingly there were 3-4 people already there waiting for him. That day we waited for him till 7PM. We tried to call him but he did not pick up the phone and at last I had to go home without getting my doubts cleared. After that also, I had faced instances where he does not even take up your call and does not even reply on whatsapp. The center where he takes up classes is a school and he takes classes in an auditorium without any good environment to learn.

I sincerely hope that you guys decide after a serious thought on what you are getting into. Because for some of you this will be once in the life time opportunity.

P.S.: For some you who are wondering where did I join finally. I had been waitlisted in IIM L,K,I, FMS and Converts from IIM S and other new IIMs. Finally, I did not join any B School. Luckily, I am working in a consulting firm so my life is still chilled out but trust me its not a good experience to have when you are not able to join even after getting good calls. 

Will iimb verify my work experience??

actually i have worked in a tier 2 factory which is not so professional and they wont reply properly.

will it be fine ??

I have work experience certificate signed and stamped by proprietor.

Just to make sure..

Do "Academic transcripts" mean Marksheets?

Regarding my recent work experience, I joined on 17th of May. I have all the payslips from June till December. But I don't have one for May as of now. They said they will see to it. DOJ is not mentioned on the payslips but is mentioned in the joining letter. But would the joining letter and a recent payslip be sufficient?

A print out of the payslip which has the company logo etc., is enough, or should it also be attested? Please help. Thank you.

"Total annual Gross Income (in Rs.) of all Family Members (from all sources)"

Do i have to include my income as well ? or only of my parents?

1. Is there any mentorship program for call getters? There is one going on for IIM-C.

2. The website says that the Referees have to be Academic/Professionally related. Do they have to be a senior? Can it be a colleague of the same designation as mine?

While filling up academic details, is it manadatory to produce class 11 details and certificates ? My school doesn't provide class 11 certificates.