[Official] Hult International Business School - MBA 2017 Admissions Thread

Connect to discuss your profile and other admissions related queries for HULT 2017 intake 

Dear Puys,
This 2011-2012 Admissions Year, Hult International Business School is proud to host an official question-and-answer thread on PaGaLGuY to address your questions on Hult MBA Admissions, the One-Year MBA Program and Curriculum, International Faculty, Placements and more.
This is the official thread of Hult and all questions will be addressed by members of the Admissions team. We welcome questions from all prospective MBA students. Hult is also inviting alumni and current students to offer their unique perspectives on the program. We look forward to meeting you here!
Best regards
Admissions Team
Hult International Business School

Hi, what are the placements in Hult like? Can part timers also get access to placement opportunities. I am seriously looking at a career change and am currently working in DHL Global Forwarding in Abu Dhabi. Also please advise the sectors that hire from the school and the average salaries for somebody with 4 years work exp.

Hi Jalmohd
Thanks for your query. :)
Each Hult campus has a specialized Career Services department that work closely with each student during the year. They will help you prepare for the job search process and the international job market. As a Hult student you will also have access to Corporate Relations and an active alumni network. Based on last year, 82% of graduates were employed within three months of graduation, after 6 months this is above 90%.
Yes, people studying the part-time EMBA program have access to the Career Services department and all opportunities full time students benefit from.
As the intake into the MBA program is very diverse, naturally the industries represented by our graduates is also very diverse. If you follow the link below, it will give you a clear breakdown of the sectors where Hult graduates are working.
http://www.hult.edu/en/programs/mba/career/employment-statistics/
Your salary after graduation will depend on many things, pre MBA experience, industry, performance during your MBA, to name but a few. With Hult the average starting Salary for graduates is $97,400 per annum (this is also adjusted for cost of living)
I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions, please dont hesitate in contacting me.
Kevin
MBA Consultant
Hult
[email protected]

Hi, I have the following queries:

1. When was the MIM (Masters in Marketing Management) course started at Hult? I understand it is a new course. It looks interesting from the course curriculum point of view, however I would like to know the career prospects after this course. Where are the alumni from this course placed?
2. I understand that GMAT score is not a prerequisite for this course, please advise the selection criteria for this course. If the medium of study during my bachelor's degree was english, do I still need to take TOEFL to have an edge in the selection process?
3. What are the scholarship options available and what are the criteria for award of these? Are there any scholarships specifically for Indian students?
4. Is there any possible way to confirm if seats are still available in my choice campus in case I plan to apply in round 3 (Feb 5, 2012 deadline)

Thanks in advance!

Hi, This forum does not seem to be active. I had some queries about HULT, however I think I should find answers some where.

Hi, I have the following queries:

1. When was the MIM (Masters in Marketing Management) course started at Hult? I understand it is a new course. It looks interesting from the course curriculum point of view, however I would like to know the career prospects after this course. Where are the alumni from this course placed?
2. I understand that GMAT score is not a prerequisite for this course, please advise the selection criteria for this course. If the medium of study during my bachelor's degree was english, do I still need to take TOEFL to have an edge in the selection process?
3. What are the scholarship options available and what are the criteria for award of these? Are there any scholarships specifically for Indian students?
4. Is there any possible way to confirm if seats are still available in my choice campus in case I plan to apply in round 3 (Feb 5, 2012 deadline)

Thanks in advance!

Thank you very much for your query, MBATime.
Our Director of Recruitment & Marketing for the Master's Programs, Anna Schebsdat, is happy to answer your questions below:

1. When was the MIM (Masters in Marketing Management) course started at Hult? I understand it is a new course. It looks interesting from the course curriculum point of view; however I would like to know the career prospects after this course. Where are the alumni from this course placed?

The abbreviation MIM stands for Masters in International Marketing. The program was initially named Masters in Digital Marketing and started in September 2010. This year it was renamed and runs for the second year. You will be prepared to assist clients with their marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, public relations efforts, brand building, and product design. Students that specialize in digital marketing will be able to advise clients on web-based strategies and techniques - an exciting and expanding field. You can find a list of companies where our graduates work here: Where Do Hult Graduates Work? - Hult International Business School

GMAT is not a prerequisite for this course. Successful applicants generally:
Possess a Bachelor degree or equivalent
Are 21 years or older
Have English proficiency

If you are planning to study in our London, you will have to pass TOEFL IBT (minimum 90) or IELTS (minimum 6.5) as you will need it for your UK student visa (unless you have studied in an English speaking country such as US, Australia, Canada and UK for your Bachelor). All other campuses do not have such requirement and you can provide us with a letter from your university proving that you have studied full-time in English. We would also accept it to be mentioned on your University transcripts.

We have two types of scholarships merit-based and need-based. In order to be qualified, you need to apply online and submit your application. Thus, you can be short listed for a scholarship run. Master scholarships are available to all students regardless of citizenship. To be considered for these scholarships students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.

4. Is there any possible way to confirm if seats are still available in my choice campus in case I plan to apply in round 3 (Feb 5, 2012 deadline).

Our most popular campuses such as Boston, San Francisco and London will most probably be full by that time. We encourage our applicants to apply early in the cycle (round 1 and 2 in autumn). In order to start your application, you need to start your online application, submit your CV and personal statement. One of our Recruiting Consultants from Hult will be in touch with you shortly.

Thanks very much for your questions. Keep them coming!

Kind regards,
Hult MBA and Master Program Admissions
sandeepsajwan Says
Hi, This forum does not seem to be active. I had some queries about HULT, however I think I should find answers some where.

Hi Sandeep,

We are happy to answer your queries here on the forum or by email. You can write our MBA Program Director, Jordana Blanchet, at [email protected].

We wish you good luck with your MBA search!

Kind regards,
Hult Admissions
Thank you very much for your query, MBATime.
Our Director of Recruitment & Marketing for the Master's Programs, Anna Schebsdat, is happy to answer your questions below:

1. When was the MIM (Masters in Marketing Management) course started at Hult? I understand it is a new course. It looks interesting from the course curriculum point of view; however I would like to know the career prospects after this course. Where are the alumni from this course placed?

The abbreviation MIM stands for Masters in International Marketing. The program was initially named Masters in Digital Marketing and started in September 2010. This year it was renamed and runs for the second year. You will be prepared to assist clients with their marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, public relations efforts, brand building, and product design. Students that specialize in digital marketing will be able to advise clients on web-based strategies and techniques - an exciting and expanding field. You can find a list of companies where our graduates work here: Where Do Hult Graduates Work? - Hult International Business School

Thank you for all the answers. It is really nice to have a platform like this for clarification of individual queries.
However regarding where the graduates from this particular course are working, please advise if you can provide any information specific to MIM. I seek this information since it is a relatively new course.
Thanks!

Dear MBAtime,

We have been compiling information about this year's graduates but the list is not yet complete. The Master in International Marketing was started in 2010 as Master in Digital Marketing and was changed this year to International Marketing to incorporate a broader perspective of marketing including digital and international aspects.

So far this year, some of the companies that have hired our graduates for positions ranging from Marketing Associate to Marketing Executive include:
Amba Research, LinkShare Corporation UK, Blur Group, Last Second Tickets, Citywire, Freeplay Energy, 2012 Indianapolis Super Bowl Host Committee, Red Eye

The MIM program, like all of our Hult programs, not only helps you to get placement opportunities after graduation but also teaches you to manage your career in marketing.

Do let us know if you have any further questions. We'd be happy to schedule a phone consultation with you to assess your candidature for the program and help answer questions particular to your case. To do so, please email Anna Schebsdat, Director of Recruitment & Marketing for the Master's programs at [email protected].

For MBA inquiries, you can email Jordana Blanchet at [email protected].

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Hult Admissions

There is no alumni info on HULT's website such as profile, resume book etc.
All the information on the website is very generic.
Could you provide details of some alumnus whom we can contact and get a first hand information about the program?

Dear CoolAlways,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are not allowed to disclose the private information of our alumni for security and privacy reasons. However, we would be more than happy to connect you with HULT alumni around the world who have made themselves available to offer their experiences and advice once you submit your application to the MBA program.

At HULT, we have more than 2500 alumni all over the world who are working in a variety of positions, including Presidents/CEOs, Directors, Managers, Associates and more across all industries. We can offer more information and answer your specific queries through a phone consultation. To schedule a consultation, please send your CV to our MBA Program Director, Jordana Blanchet, at [email protected].

Best of luck in your MBA search!

Kind regards,

HULT Admissions

Hi Admissions@Hult
You say the three campuses would be full by Feb 15. I have yet to apply to Hult, but if Boston is full I would not be applying. Could you kindly shed some light on this?
Thanks

Hi,

I am Shriram Nagarajan from India . I am basically a B Com Grad and Chartered Accountancy Inter Passed student. I have done three and half yrs of articleship training in different audit firms to hone my skills in the field of accounting, auditing and taxation . Now in this May 2012 I am writing my Chartered Accountancy Final Exam.
In the mean time I would like to enquire regarding that Master in International Business in Boston Campus . I would like to know about the job prospects specific to this course and the placement information as it would be useful for me immediately start my procedural aspects.
I was trying to contact your Boston Campus Telephone number to enquire about this but couldnt reach. So Could you call me to my mobile so that it would be useful for me to take forward relating to this issue as time is running short.
I also want to know regarding the visa requirements .
Looking forward to hearing from your end at the earliest.

Shriram Nagarajan
+91-98408 15090

Hi Admissions@Hult
You say the three campuses would be full by Feb 15. I have yet to apply to Hult, but if Boston is full I would not be applying. Could you kindly shed some light on this?
Thanks

Hello Jithun,
Thank you for the inquiry. From previous years experience, some of our campuses have been full by early February and we estimate that this will be the case again this year. As of now all of our campuses are still open. If you are interested in applying for any of our five campuses, I would recommend getting in touch with us as early as possible. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in contact at [email protected]
Thank you
Hult Admissions Team
Hi,

I am Shriram Nagarajan from India . I am basically a B Com Grad and Chartered Accountancy Inter Passed student. I have done three and half yrs of articleship training in different audit firms to hone my skills in the field of accounting, auditing and taxation . Now in this May 2012 I am writing my Chartered Accountancy Final Exam.
In the mean time I would like to enquire regarding that Master in International Business in Boston Campus . I would like to know about the job prospects specific to this course and the placement information as it would be useful for me immediately start my procedural aspects.
I was trying to contact your Boston Campus Telephone number to enquire about this but couldnt reach. So Could you call me to my mobile so that it would be useful for me to take forward relating to this issue as time is running short.
I also want to know regarding the visa requirements .
Looking forward to hearing from your end at the earliest.

Shriram Nagarajan
+91-98408 15090

Hello Shriram,

One of the Admissions Team will be incontact today.

Thank you
Hult Admissions Team

Dear poster,

We are very sorry you seem to have had a bad experience or have the wrong impression about HULT. If you are truly a HULT alumnus, please let us know how we can help you because as you know we do provide a lifetime of career and student services well beyond your graduation. You can contact Jordana Blanchet, [email protected], Director of Recruitment & Marketing and she will personally put you back in touch with those in charge of Career Services in each campus (you would have access to each one - Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai and Shanghai) to help you to get connected to recruiters in countries around the world.

If you are not a HULT alumnus, please refrain from posting about HULT until you get the correct information not only from staff/employees but also from current students and alumni. You will find hundreds of students who not only found great placements after graduation but who have spoken of how the program and the experience has changed their lives for the better. Many of our alumni are working in top positions across the globe and remain connected to their classmates and alumni from other batches.

It is important to note that the placement practice is different in India and abroad. In the US, students and graduates can get interviews by networking in career fairs, company visits, internships and more. HULT does host a number of events and career fairs that help students to connect with employers and industry on each campus. Finding a job in this context may take a few weeks to a few months, but it results in alumni being better prepared to manage their careers over their lifetimes, as they will have acquired the skills to improve their positions each time they look for career progression, rather than counting on a one-time placement.

HULT has a Career Services team on each campus that specializes in mentoring students and creating the foundation for them to get jobs themselves. This mentorship involves preparing and polishing their tailored CVs, improving their interviewing skills, managing their expectations and understanding how to maximize their potential through a series of meetings over the duration of the MBA. Another resource available to students is the HULT internal job platform (HULT Careers Direct), which has the profiles of students and is available to employers worldwide.

Students can choose to use these resources or not. There are a few students each year who unfortunately fail to use campus career resources or have mismatched expectations about their careers and placements, and still expect to have a job lined up right after graduation. No business school can guarantee placement without the student's efforts to manage his or her own career.

Regarding the rankings, we have absolutely no influence over the Economist or Financial Times rankings, nor do we know beforehand what ranking we will have before we read about it in the paper. We are also not able to choose what students we can refer to the rankings agencies, nor do we coach students on what to report.

Regarding campus facilities, it is absolutely incorrect to state that our facilities are insufficient. Each campus has all the resources you need to have a rich MBA experience - large and fully-equipped classrooms, numerous break-out rooms for discussions, computer rooms, and more. Whether we have our own libraries or share libraries with other top business schools, you will have a chance to interact with all sorts of students throughout your studies.

Students have so much required material to cover during the year that it is normally impractical to browse through outdated textbooks to get information. For this reason, we are one of the first business schools to have incorporated iPad-based learning, as each student will have his or her cases, textbook readings, and numerous periodicals available on the iPad he/she receives at the beginning of the program. Students can also actively interact with professors through specially made applications during class.

Please take a look at some pictures of our top-of-the-line campus facilities:
Campus Facilities - Hult International Business School
About the Campus - Hult International Business School

You can study at up to three HULT campuses during your one-year MBA.

With regard to the Class of 2011 placements, we would be happy to share our statistics as soon as they are out. We have been working hard to continue to improve placement opportunities for our graduates and aiming to improve last year's statistics of placing 82% of graduates within three months of graduation. It takes work from both the students and HULT - it is this collaboration that has made us so successful over the years.

Please don't hesitate continue to ask questions and meet as many alumni as you can; they can and will speak for themselves!

Kind regards,

HULT Admissions

I spoke to your admissions team about an intake this year.
I found out that since i do not have the required work experience as of now she suggested me to do a 'Masters in International Business'.
What are the placements opportunities after I complete the above mentioned course.
And on an average how many students from the last batch got placed within the first 3 months of completing the course.

Dear Abeerash,

Thank you for your query. Of the Master of International Business alumni, 77% have been placed 3 months after the completion of the program. Their average starting salary is USD 47000, adjusted to the cost of living, and approximately USD 59000, non-adjusted to the cost of living.

If you would like a phone consultation with one of our MIB Admissions Consultants, please send your phone number and CV to Anna Schebsdat, Master Programs Director of Recruitment & Marketing, at [email protected].

Kind regards,

HULT Admissions

Dear Abeerash,

Thank you for your query. Of the Master of International Business alumni, 77% have been placed 3 months after completing the program. Their average starting salary is USD 47000, adjusted to the cost of living, and approximately USD 59000, non-adjusted to the cost of living.

If you would like a phone consultation with one of our MIB Admissions Consultants, please send your phone number and CV to Anna Schebsdat, Master Programs Director of Recruitment & Marketing, at [email protected].

Kind regards,

HULT Admissions