[Official] Doshisha Business School, Japan - Admission Query Thread

Dear Puys The Doshisha Global MBA is a two-year English-language MBA program offered by Doshisha University in Kyoto, Japan. Program features include an international student body; specializations in Business in Asia, Green Business, and …

Dear Puys

The Doshisha Global MBA is a two-year English-language MBA program offered by Doshisha University in Kyoto, Japan. Program features include an international student body; specializations in Business in Asia, Green Business, and Culture and Creativity; an emphasis on social responsibility; and opportunities for international exchange.

This thread will be used for all interactions related to application process, important dates, eligibility, funding/scholarships requirements, alongside queries on Pedagogy, faculty, student profiles, etc.

You can also interact with current students from the Business School (Vikram - PG Userid: DBS Kyoto)

The officials taking your queries on behalf of Doshisha Business School are:

Tim Craig and Andy Staples (PG UserID: AdmissionsDBS)

Forum rules and regulations will apply for all queries and posts.

All the best

Hello,
My name is Dr. Andy Staples and I am an associate professor here at Doshisha Business School, Kyoto, Japan. My research and teaching focuses on business in Asia with a focus on issues including strategic management, foreign direct investment and regionalism.
We are recruiting now for Fall 2012 entry and have some excellent funding opportunities available for international applicants. There is a live thread under 'Life at Business Schools' where you can communicate with one of our current students from india, and do check out our webpage Doshisha Business School | Not Business as Usual
I look forward to hearing from you!
Id like to introduce you to one of the Global MBA key focus areas: Business in Asia.
Even a casual glance at the economic data demonstrates the dynamic nature of the Asian business environment. At the same time, the diverse nature of this region in terms of geography, culture, language, politics and business systems means that to succeed in the region, you must understand these various differences and dynamics and know how to navigate them.
We offer a range of courses to help you do just that and our cosmopolitan and diverse student body with students from many Asian economies and beyond provides the ideal learning environment. Our business in Asia courses include: Asian Business and Management Systems, Japanese Corporations, Doing Business with the Japanese, Strategies for Asia-Pacific, Foreign Direct Investment and others.
Check out our curriculum pages where you can see the full range of courses available. http://gmba.doshisha.ac.jp/global-mba/curriculum
Our faculty is research active and includes Prof. Harukiyo Hasegawa (founder and former General Editor of the Asian Business and Management journal) and Prof. Mari Kondo who has previously worked with the World Bank and the Asian Institute of Management in the Philippines. A number of our faculty also contributed to the Asian Business and Management text (image below) which has proved very popular with business schools around the world.
In short, we offer the knowledge and expertise for anyone seeking to develop an Asian focused career.

Hi from Kyoto! A little self-introduction: I'm Professor Tim Craig, will formally join the Doshisha Global MBA program from April. I'll be heading our new focus area "Culture and Creativity" (quite innovative - I'll post a press release after this) and also doing administration. My background: 16 years at the Business School of University of Victoria in Canada where I taught International Business and Strategic Management and was also MBA Program Director and Associate Dean. Other: MBA from Thunderbird, PhD from University of Washington (Seattle); American by birth but have lived many years in Canada and Japan; published lots of business research + also 2 books on Asian pop culture; lead vocal and play rhythm guitar for Zen Brothers band.

Would love to hear from any PaGaLGuY members interested in Japan and the Doshisha Global MBA program.

Nation in shock over retirement of Maeda Atsuko from AKB!

Hello again.
I thought it would be useful to post some information on the type of student profile that we have here at Doshsiha. We are a very diverse and international bunch with students from all over the world. The average participant on the Global MBA is about 27 years old with three or more years of experience. 15 different nationalities were represented in our first intake of 20 students in 2009 and that this has now grown to nearer 30 including North America, Europe, the Middle East, South Asia, South East Asia, East Asia, Central and South America. A wide range of cultures, religions and ethnicities are represented making for a very cosmopolitan environment. You can find further information about or current students and graduates on these pages: http://gmba.doshisha.ac.jp/student-life/our-students