[Official] Ask MICA Ahmedabad: Official thread for queries related to MICA

Dear MICA aspirants, Admissions for 2011-13 batch of MICA have been made open today. If you aspire to join this premier communications management institute, you have stumbled upon the right thread! We are Team Interface- the media and PR…

Dear MICA aspirants,

Admissions for 2011-13 batch of MICA have been made open today. If you aspire to join this premier communications management institute, you have stumbled upon the right thread!

We are Team Interface- the media and PR wing of MICA. 8 of us in this team will be available to answer all your queries related to the admission process, courses, specializations, preparations, life @ MICA, or anything else that you can think of.

So let's get started. Whatever queries or issues you have, please start posting them here. We will try and reply as soon as we can!

Wish you a Happy Journey to MICA!

Dear MICA aspirants,

Admissions for 2011-13 batch of MICA have been made open today. If you aspire to join this premier communications management institute, you have stumbled upon the right thread!

We are Team Interface- the media and PR wing of MICA. 8 of us in this team will be available to answer all your queries related to the admission process, courses, specializations, preparations, life @ MICA, or anything else that you can think of.

So let's get started. Whatever queries or issues you have, please start posting them here. We will try and reply as soon as we can!

Hello,

frst of all, thanks to you people to be back here once again to help all of us MICA aspirants who have always been looking forward to your support, suggestions and directions throughout the admission process. Though, i hope most of the puys like me will miss the charm of prof Deval Kartik this time but we still are very thakful to you for coming up with this official thread !!!

Now here comes the first lot of queries on this official thread for the season :

Q : By when we can expect to have an official date for MICAT 2011 (as currently on MICA website it shows Feb-March) ?
Q : Is MICAT'11 going to be of same format as previous year (paper-pencil) or computer based (as this idea of computer based MICAT exam has already been discussed in another thread) ?
Q : Also, any changes in the nature of MICA Test expected for this year (section/timings/question wise) ?
Q : Can we atleast expect a detailed scorecard this time once teh result of MICAT is released ?

Thanks in anticipation for all your efforts in helping us as always !

Take care ...
God Bless 😃

I have already registered for the MICAT, should say it was one of the better online registration processes this year, but a few observations I made -

Percentage for class X, XII and UG - Website does not specify how it should be computed.
Work Ex- Website does not specify work ex calculated till what date.
Forgot Password question assumes everyone has a pet :P

Good process overall.

These apart I'd like to know if this will be an online test - I would love it if the answer is yes

any idea what is the cut off/score we need...MICA seems very adamant and does not reveal both the scores we obtain and neither do they reveal the cutoffs..

this will be my first attempt for MICA......
seems its pattern is totally different from other entrance xmz........

Hello there!

Thank you for putting your trust in us. We will try and make sure none of your problems remain unsolved. Now, for your queries:

1. As of now, the tentative date for MICAT is in the last week of February. However, this might change if a clash occurs. But it will definitely be sometime from last week of Feb - first two weeks of March.

2. MICAT'11 is going to be a paper-based test.

3. It is a test designed to assess analytical ability, divergent thinking, written communication skills and general awareness about the Communications industry. So sections will remain same, more or less. You'll have quant, logical reasoning, verbal ability, a writing section, psychometric analysis. But then, of course, MICAT is about surprises. So you can expect a twist or two. :)

4. The criteria, weight-age etc. are all decided by the Admissions department. The decision on report card will be taken by them. As of now, it cannot be commented on. Also, this is the time you should utilize for preparing. All these things can be taken care of later.

Hope this helps! All the best 😃

Hello,

frst of all, thanks to you people to be back here once again to help all of us MICA aspirants who have always been looking forward to your support, suggestions and directions throughout the admission process. Though, i hope most of the puys like me will miss the charm of prof Deval Kartik this time but we still are very thakful to you for coming up with this official thread !!!

Now here comes the first lot of queries on this official thread for the season :

Q : By when we can expect to have an official date for MICAT 2011 (as currently on MICA website it shows Feb-March) ?
Q : Is MICAT'11 going to be of same format as previous year (paper-pencil) or computer based (as this idea of computer based MICAT exam has already been discussed in another thread) ?
Q : Also, any changes in the nature of MICA Test expected for this year (section/timings/question wise) ?
Q : Can we atleast expect a detailed scorecard this time once teh result of MICAT is released ?

Thanks in anticipation for all your efforts in helping us as always !

Take care ...
God Bless :)

Dear Karthik,
Thank you for your suggestions. We will definitely try and improve the process next time. As for percentages, do a simple math of obtained / total * 100. No special changes required.

Hope that helps! All the best :)

I have already registered for the MICAT, should say it was one of the better online registration processes this year, but a few observations I made -

Percentage for class X, XII and UG - Website does not specify how it should be computed.
Work Ex- Website does not specify work ex calculated till what date.
Forgot Password question assumes everyone has a pet :P

Good process overall.

These apart I'd like to know if this will be an online test - I would love it if the answer is yes

Thank you MICAns for starting this thread.
My query is regarding the selection process and who should apply to MICA.
Does MICA has preference to artists, journalists or those who have proved their creative side or those with "extra-curricular loaded resume"( I have absolutely nothing in this aspect. Hence the question).
Basically I am requesting you to put a FAQ or fact/myth kind of note on who are welcome and who are not. I think, many applying to MICA will have some doubt in this regard.

Hi

can u pls provide some insight to the placements 2010?
I went thru d website, downloaded the brochure as well bt it nowhr mentions anythng bout Avg/Median/Min placement stats. It jus states d highest figure which can b esily for a 1 or 2 people.....bt cn u jus provide some info in Avg, Median & Min package received AT MICA this year 2010?

a big waving hi to all mica students...
congrats for securing your admission

well i have few queries hope you will help me out

1) i m eagerly waiting for the notification of mica retail certificate program from last 4 months . had even called your institute , mailed to some of the faculties but have not got any kind of response ..
can you pls conform me about mica retail program is it going to be held this year or not(your web page states that the admissions for the current academic session are closed. The next session would be announced around mid 2010.) its already sept when can i expect the micat retail to be held

2 now about pgpcm : is micat exam format is going to be same as that of last year

3 can you pls help me in creative writing section...
how can i improve the scores in this section

4 pls ask the exam conducting authorities to pls add Indore as the center for micat exam

Where is Deval maam??

akshay.vannery Says
Where is Deval maam??

Deval ma'am has left MICA and is now at NID Ahmedabad.

Dear Raghav,

It is a myth that MICA prefers artists or journalists. We have people from all sorts of backgrounds here- engineers, commerce graduates, literature graduates, economics graduates, BBAs; there are freshers and people with work-ex; yes, we have some guitarists, drummers, singers and painters, but there are also people like me, who have never tried a hand at anything creative ever in their lives.

All said and done, MICA is definitely not for everyone. If you are passionate about the communications industry, about branding, media, advertising, you are the one MICA is for. In that case, please stop thinking about your resume and start preparing. If you have the aptitude, it will show!

Hope that helps! :)

Thank you MICAns for starting this thread.
My query is regarding the selection process and who should apply to MICA.
Does MICA has preference to artists, journalists or those who have proved their creative side or those with "extra-curricular loaded resume"( I have absolutely nothing in this aspect. Hence the question).
Basically I am requesting you to put a FAQ or fact/myth kind of note on who are welcome and who are not. I think, many applying to MICA will have some doubt in this regard.

Hi all MICApAGALs,

this wud be my 3rd attempt for MICAT....Hopfuly this is the year.
i wud like to know that whether u ppl can upload last year's qs paper on mica site as sample paper (plz)... also will the extra 500 tat was collected last year (on the exam day) be there this year as well...

Dear MICA aspirants,

Amazing that's what we all MICA aspirants have been desperately looking for 😃 thanks so much for starting the thread 😃

Dear puys,

While we are trying our best to answer all queries ASAP, please understand that some things are still under consideration and we cannot comment on them as yet. Please be patient, we will get back to you with the answers as and when we have them.

Meanwhile, to know more about MICA, the courses, the campus, student life etc., join us on our Facebook page:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MICA-Mudra-Institute-of-Communications-Ahmedabad/127338653983403

and follow us on twitter:

Twitter: MICA (MICA_ahmedabad) on Twitter

All the best!

hey there thanks for the starting the thread i would like to know the fee structure of PGDM- c including hostel charges and other expenses..

@MICAStudents-

Well in 08 when i had attended the gepi in MICA the then director PAT had told us about the International Immersion program wherein we may have a semester in one of the associated institutes abroad of our choice. But for this course the fee structure would be a bit higher. I wanted to ask if this course is still there and how successful has it been for the existing batches?

Anand

@MICA,
I am glad and thankful that Hyderabad is added as a test center for MICAT 2011. For MICAT-2010, I remember students from Hyderabad taking it either from Banglore or Chennai.
May I know if you would consider additional Test Centers for MICAT 2011? Pune has a presence of a large student community,it would be helpful if you can add a test center here. Will it be feasible to have a opinion poll?