[Official] Admission Query Thread for Footwear Design & Development Institute-FDDI

Dear Puys, I would like to introduce the Official Admission Query Thread of Footwear Design & Development Institute-FDDI. Footwear Design & Development Institute known as FDDI is rated among the premier design and management institutions…

Dear Puys,

I would like to introduce the Official Admission Query Thread of Footwear Design & Development Institute-FDDI.

Footwear Design & Development Institute known as FDDI is rated among the premier design and management institutions in the world. FDDI was set up by the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India in the year 1986.

The institute conducts wide range of professional programmes in the area of Retail Management, Footwear Design Technology and Management, Fashion Merchandising, Visual Merchandizing, Marketing, Creative Designing & CAD/CAM and Leather Goods & Accessories Design etc.

The syllabi, training software and teaching materials of FDDI are prepared by the renowned international experts and organizations such as southfields College, ARS Sutoria, PFI & senior professors of IIM, Ahmadabad and FMS, New Delhi.

This thread will be useful to get information on the application process, admission criteria, important dates, course structure, differentiating factors, developmental tools in the program etc and to network with fellow applicants.

On behalf of FDDI, Ms Aarti Sabharwal (Admissions Team- PG User Id aarti9718 ) and Mr. Ajeet Singh(Admissions Team- PG User Id ajeet224141) would be addressing your queries.

All the best

Gurnam Jagota(PG-HQ)

Hi,

I have downloaded the Prospectus of this year but still have few questions to ask, if you could please help me..

1. Is this an online test?
2. Where can i get past year question papers?
3. Please throw some light on the various PG courses that this college offers. I am interested in two courses - Fashion Merchandising & Retail Management and Productivity & Quality Control.
4. What are the placements (in figures) & career prospect of both these courses?
5. What is total fees of the college including Hostel and mess charges?

Thanks & Regards
Dexter 😃

Do they any MBA program?

sfossy Says
Do they any MBA program?

We dont have any mba program, instead of that we are providing MSC degree programmes in different streams like fashion designing , retail management, footwear technology and leather goods and accessories designing
Hi,

I have downloaded the Prospectus of this year but still have few questions to ask, if you could please help me..

1. Is this an online test?
2. Where can i get past year question papers?
3. Please throw some light on the various PG courses that this college offers. I am interested in two courses - Fashion Merchandising & Retail Management and Productivity & Quality Control.
4. What are the placements (in figures) & career prospect of both these courses?
5. What is total fees of the college including Hostel and mess charges?

Thanks & Regards
Dexter :)

Dear dexter, here are the replies
. Yes there Is an online test.
2. you can search the sample paper on the website.
3. we are offering LGAD, VMCD, CAD CAM , Fashion Merchandising & Retail Management and Productivity & Quality Control.
4. 100 % placement opportunity is here.
5. total fee is 75000 per semester for course and 30000 for the hostel and mess charges for a semester

Could you please give the ranking of all FDDI centers (among them)

I am planning to do M.Sc. (Fashion Merchandising & Retail Management) or
M.Sc. (Visual Merchandising & Communication Design).

How about placements in all centers.
could you please throw some light on these things?

Could you please give the ranking of all FDDI centers (among them)

I am planning to do M.Sc. (Fashion Merchandising & Retail Management) or
M.Sc. (Visual Merchandising & Communication Design).

How about placements in all centers.
could you please throw some light on these things?

Hi,

As far as i know the ranking is Noida,Chennai and Kolkatta being top 3.

The Institute claims to offer 100% placements till now. Suggest you can visit the Chennai center to get more info.

Thanks and All the best!!

GJ
Hi,

As far as i know the ranking is Noida,Chennai and Kolkatta being top 3.

The Institute claims to offer 100% placements till now. Suggest you can visit the Chennai center to get more info.

Thanks and All the best!!

GJ

Urgent:

I have been called for counselling.. Please tell about the Placement and Average package of PG in Fashion Merchandising and Retail Management.. :cheers:

Thanx

Anyone please tell about the current scenario of PG in Fashion Merchandising and Retail.. !!!!!!

Siddharth0603 Says
Anyone please tell about the current scenario of PG in Fashion Merchandising and Retail.. !!!!!!

Hi adding to this i would also like to ask a question... I have been called for counseling on 9th July for admissions in which i'm also supposed to carry a fitness certificate but there is format given on the website.... and what was the average & highest package offered to the students of Msc. in Fashion merchandising & Retail Management at NOIDA campus????

@akadeep,

Please check if the call letter says anything in specific about the format, if not you can carry a standard letter from a doctor about your fitness, in case you want to be really sure suggest you can check with the admissions team at the institute...For placements you will have to speak to the Institute and check with seniors..although the Institute has placed students with major footwear and retail co's.

Thanks and All the Best

GJ

Is there any entrance test ?

And what is eligibility criteria ?
@gurrjag
Does it take CAT score??
If yes ,what is the cut off?
TIA

@@Beatrix

As far as i know they do not take CAT score ..they have a separate Entrance exam for their courses.

All the Best

GJ
@gurrjag but there is exepmtion from the entrance exam if one has appeard for CAT/GMAT..I read it in the prospectus.Just wanted to know the cutoffs

*exemption

@gurrjag Are you an FDDI student?
@Beatrix As far as im concerned there should not be a fixed cut-off..if they are taking CAT score..they wud have a method for equating it with their entrance exam score and then preparing a list... I suggest u can check with their admission office for the query regarding cutoffs...

All the best

GJ

Ok.

Anyways,Thank you