[OFFICIAL] 2019-2020 KJ SOMAIYA-SIMSR PGDM Executive Admissions

This is the official thread for the PGDM Executive Programme at K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research. PGDM Executive Programme at SIMSR is a 15 months, AICTE approved, full time, residential programme which started in 2011. A minimum of 5 years of corporate experience is required. The batch intake is of 60 seats with participants having sector exposure ranging from BFSI, IT, Engineering & Construction, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Energy, Automobiles, Services, etc. The program has an optional international immersion assignment with an aim to provide additional exposure to the students.

Reach out to us in case of any queries! Our team will be happy to assist you. You can also message us privately with your profile details.

All the best !!!

LIFE @ SIMSR

“Pursue what catches your heart, not what catches your eyes.” – Roy T. Bennett.  

K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, or fondly called K J SIMSR, is one such campus that easily catches both your eyes and your heart. Amidst the hustle and bustle of Mumbai, is located an institution known for its state of the art education in management.

After having worked and lived in Delhi for over a year, I thought that I have experienced a very professional and high paced life which is needed for a course like PGDM. Little did I know that I was in for another level of spontaneity and creativity.

It all begun with the induction, a week long program having activities ranging from debates, introductions, role plays, art and craft workshop and what not. It was amusing that each of the activities brought out some or the other qualities of a potential manager, not to forget that these helped everybody to get accustomed with the environment. High point of induction remained the outbound programme that helped each student create a bond with one another.

Apart from the induction of classes students got acquainted to the campus spread over 60 acres having a mesmerizing view, Olympic size athlete track and sports arena. The Ganesh Idol sitting in front of the SIMSR building fills you up with positivity and enthusiasm. Well, yes, enthusiasm to attend evening group task discussions after a hectic day of classes and positivity to assure yourself that assignments will be completed in time.

A student driven campus, that SIMSR is, has lots of committees that work on different verticals related to all the events, competitions and activities taking place in the campus. And their interviews, well they are grilling, giving an insight to the upcoming placement season that everybody would face. In these committees, you learn, grow and work in tandem which are essentials for a corporate culture.

Amidst these Harvard cases in classes, presentations and committee work, “All Izz Well” comes as a blessing in disguise. A 3 day inter branch cultural competition, although quite intense but manages to impart the importance of team work in a very fun way.

This experience is really amazing and is like a roller coaster that seems scary at first, but is tempting and at the same time can yield a lucrative professional trajectory for an aspirant.

Lastly, enjoying the journey is necessary but set your goals and prioritize them. As my first ever marketing presentation in KJ SIMSR taught me:

“Start with the end in mind.”

Hoping to master my future at SIMSR with ringing bells !!

Arpit Lodha, PGDM CORE (2018 – 2020)

Hi, What was the previous years’ cut off in XAT for PGDM Executive course? Does the course provide placement assistance?

The PGDM Executive Programme at SIMSR is a 15 month, AICTE approved, full time, residential programme with a specific focus on Strategy and Leadership areas. These areas of expertise are important for participants having over 5 years of corporate experience to give a boost to their career to the next level and accelerate their transition from functional/technical area to general management.

The batch intake is of 60 seats with participants having sector exposure ranging from BFSI, IT, Engineering & Construction, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Energy, Automobiles, Services, etc. 

There is a dedicated Placement Cell within SIMSR consisting of professional managers and students that will provide assistance to the students in placements in appropriate organizations. Some of the organizations who recruit from our campus are Polaris UK, Accenture, PwC, Target Inc, etc.

To know more: https://simsr.somaiya.edu/simsr/

IMPORTANT !!!

KJ SIMSR releases its application form  for PGDM Executive (PGDM EXEC) for the session 2019-2020.

Apply for the same at: https://simsradmissions.somaiya.edu/simsr/adm19/pgdmexec19/onlineform/Login.aspx

To know more visit: https://simsr.somaiya.edu//en/programme/ST1702

K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research proudly presents the gold and silver medalist of all PGDM as well as PGDM Executive courses of 2016-18 and 2016-17 

Cheers to their dedication and hard work. SIMSR wishes them all the best for all their future endeavours.

📷 

K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research has a pool of supremely qualified and proficient faculties. One of our Professors, Dr Vandana Tandon Khanna was awarded 'Women in Education' by the 26th Business School Affaire & Dewang Mehta National Education Awards, India's largest Education Awards Contest and is held as a part of World Marketing Congress.

Our heartiest congratulations to her !

The general management department at KJSIMSR organized 1st International Conference on Challenges in Emerging Economies General Management Area giving PERSPECTIVES IN QUALITATIVE RESEARCH on 23rd & 24th November. On day 1 The Workshop conducted by Srinath Jagannathan focused on the key issue of “Qualitative Data Interpretation and Analysis” as well as the basic research skills for conducting qualitative research were discussed by Ms. Sakina Pittalwala the key note speaker for the 2nd day. #SIMSR #MasterYourFutureAtSIMSR #LifeAtSIMSR #MBALife

SIMSR GOT TALENT A perfect opportunity to showcase your talent may it be singing, dancing or standup comedy. And MELANGE ,the flagship event of SIMSR with approximate footfall of 20k , where you can showcase your talent. Checkout the facebook page MELANGE, video of audition out. #overallDevelopment #MBA

The wait is finally over ! 

Watch SIMSR on CNBC TV18 today at 5:30 pm and get to know what makes SIMSR a great institute.

You can also watch the live stream on YouTube, click on the below link : https://youtu.be/yr4YOXvWbEY 

ALUM SPEAKS #4 – Mr. Arvind Sharmaa (HR Director – Black & Veatch, SIMSR Batch 1994-96)

https://www.pagalguy.com/articles/alum-speaks-4-mr-arvind-sharmaa-hr-director-black-veatch-simsr-batch-1994-96

Whether State level Sports Certificates will get any additional Weightage to get the interview call if the CAT score is 79.96

CAT OA - 75

CMAT -97.345

Xth - 70

XIIth - 75

B.E. - 8.04

Work ex - 37 months manufacturing

state level award in karate 

regional level player in shotput. do i have the chance ???

Hi, I have given my college name wrong by mistake...but university name given is correct...now i am unable to edit the form, can I know whom to contact and when can it be changed

Hi, Greetings!! What is the minimum number of work experience required to get into the SIMSR - PGDM Executive program. ? Below is my profile. Do I have any chance to make it. Please do revert. 10/12/Grad. - 83.4/89.5/81.6 CMAT - 93.11 WORK EX - 30 Thanks & Regards, Shaj

Hi What are my chance for PGDM-Executive My grade is 10/12/gradution - 78/70/70 Cat percentile - 88.04 And having 62 months of experience as a executive's in manufacturing sectoral, currently working

Rank 513. Any chances of Core or IB?

I hv 8+ years of work experinece. GMAT score 320 (2018).

what is selection chances.

What was the last year cmat cutoff for exec mba? actually I have 84 in CMAT. Is it worth to apply?

I have 5 years of work exp in a Bank in credit department. I am looking forward to join 2020-2021 batch. Kindly let me know how are the placements for finance. What all companies visit the campus and what kind of roles are offered.