Kindly share your Group Interview experiences here. This thread caters to the experiences faced by applicants during Group Interviews 1 and 2 of SPJIMR Admissions Process for PGDM 2013-2015. The general process is as follows 1) Regi…
Kindly share your Group Interview experiences here.
This thread caters to the experiences faced by applicants during Group Interviews 1 and 2 of SPJIMR Admissions Process for PGDM 2013-2015.
The general process is as follows
2) Psychometric tests
Applicants may or may not share their profile. Though guidelines for posting experiences is not recommended but Interview place and time should be mentioned.
Last year's thread: http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/official-2012-2014-spjimr-group-interview-experiences-t-78203/p-3244060?page=1
Will the next slot booking time open only after 4th FEB?
Puys, please share your GI experience...
Venue: Mumbai, 12pm,21st Jan
Specialization : Operations
Reached quite early for the interview . Its better to be early than late. Submitted all the photocopies required as given in mail, some guys hadn't bring copy of their Id's, which is also required.
Psychometric test is conducted about half an hour be4 interview. Time limit 15 mins. so no time to make up your answers. just write what comes in your mind first as that would be easy to recall if asked a justification of your point later at any stage.
GI1: 5 member group for the interview, 2 ops, 1IM, 1 Marketing 1 finance. It was a general interview, starting with a 1 minute intro. Don't brag too much. 1 minute means 1 minute. Then followup questions on that. The gist of this interview was to gauge your thinking as in Why are you pursuing MBA and why this particular stream etc. etc. So anybody clear in those ideas won't face too many trouble. Finally 3 of us 1 IM , 2 OPs were selected.
GI2: 6 member group. 2 IM, 4 OPs . The main idea of this interview looked like to test your value system. It was a chilled interview although they were quick to ask for any justification on anything that comes from your mouth , So speak carefully. Spontaneous questions similar to those asked in psychometric were asked, like how do you tell if someone is lying etc. etc. It ended with quite a lengthy , introspective discussion on the Delhi Case.
All in all great experince. Had an interesting interaction with Kiterunner and Swagatamt2 also. Even had my lunch in mess of SP jain . all the best to others...
Bhaio, puys, What Happened !!!
Today is 23rd, 3 days...and still only one post
Thanx to @Achillessss ...
Or there is some other thread...
profile based call (marketing)
i was in 12 pm slot on 23rd Jan..all the best to everyone...
10th 90.23 % (SSC)
12th 90.83 % (SSC)
B Tech Pharma 71.75 %
Working at United Phosphorus Ltd for 1.5 years
Profile Based Call (Marketing)
10th 95.84 % (Karnataka State Board)
12th 94.67 % (Tamil Nadu State Board)
B Tech (Mechanical) NITK Surathkal - 83.80 %
Working at Tata Motors for 1.5 years
@kaushik60 said:Profile Based Call (Marketing)Date: 22nd January 2013Time Slot: 10:00 AMProfile:
So I guess the important thing is to use certain "bait" words in the intro that will really interest the panel, and make them ask you more questions.Overall a good fun experience. Hoping for the bestI hope this was helpful, All the best!
Date: 22nd January 2013
Time Slot: 12:00 PM
Profile:CAT 94.09 p-ile
12th 84.2 % (CBSE)
B Tech Computer Science 83.4 %
Work Ex 2.5yrs
Thank you for sharing, all of you. It is surprising to see only 11 entries here though. Can anyone who got a call for Finance share their experience?
Apologize for the my late post. Just got some time this weekend.
So here we go.
a. First Interview of Season
b. First date of S.P.J.I.M.R. @21 Jan
c. First Slot @10AM
Profile looks like this(I.M.):
X,XII &Graduation;(S.G.S.I.T.S., Indore) = 80+
Work Exp.=(18+, Tier I MNC)
First time in my life I witnessed cool breeze that too in Mumbai. Amazing atmosphere at SPJIMR. I was very happy to see the college logo (generally used to see only on internet). I reached at 8.15 AM(reporting time was 9.AM). I asked on reception about today's interview and receptionist happily replied and told me to wait in the waiting room.
As I was way ahead of time, I thought this is the nice time to see college. God knows who all will come here again. I first went to canteen, saw DOCC office, roaming here and there at campus.
Every where it was very neat and clean. It was greenery all around( it just reminded me of my hobby). At last while coming to the waiting room I just scanned newspaper headlines(coz sometimes in interview they use to ask) and to my surprise film fareaward were announced last night. I just mugged up the Best Actor, Actress, Film and Best Director's name.
1. Document collection process was very streamlined.
2. All ADCOM people were working hard to make things smooth and they were very-very cooperative.
3. I experienced that ADCOM people were happy on our visit it might be because they also went through the same process last year. It was just amazing experience.
Psychometric Test @9.45 AM)
15 minutes personality evaluation test.
General question which probably have no wrong answer. The only think is that you need to justify that why you eventually went for that option.
Be quick :Be honest and Don't scrub the paper as for some answers you need to justify why?
Group Interview- 1 (@10.15 AM)
Total Interviewee: 6 (1 IM, 1 M, 4 F)
Interviewer: (3 panelist- 1 Alumnus (50+), 1 Lady Professor (45+) and one more (55+))
Time: Around 45minutes.
1. Tell me something about yourself that is not mentioned in this profile sheet?
2. Tell me why you want to do MBA?
3. Tell me why you want to do MBA in this specialization?
4. Tell me why you chose only SPJIMR for your MBA?
5. You went for other colleges also? OK Tell me which other colleges you applied for?
6. You didn't get call from any IIM. So you think your score is that poor ?
7. Don't you think you should go for Executive MBA?
8. OK tell me why you want to leave such a good job+ high salaried job (I think they assumed) and want to come here?
These are some of the common questions which were asked. Apart from that following are some people specific questions.
1. Why Marketing, if you are from XYZ engineering?
2. Any Marketing company or Famous personality you know from Marketing Area?
3. From GMAT where you have applied?
4. What happened at ISB interview?
5. Didn't you perform well there?
Prepare for these general questions and their most probable cross questions.
Completely frozen from nervousness + AC. 15minutes down the line. ADCOM announced that we 6 people(same 6) have to go for Group Interview 2.
Group Interview 2 (@11.15 AM)
Total Time: around 45min
Total Interviewee: Same 6
Interviewer: (2 Bigwig panellists, I think one among them was Director) Named: Panel X
1. Completely different from first one.
2. Seeking crispy answers of not more than one sentence.
3. Scenario based reasoning.
1. Tell me something about yourself (very briefly) in such a manner that it should highlight following things:
a. Your Passion
b. What you will do if you were made free from all the roles and responsibilities you have.
2. Why this is your passion and how it will help you in your forthcoming life?
3. Do you think by pursuing this passion you would be doing justice with your specialization?
4. Instance where you have compromised with your ethics and if not then why not?
1. Suppose you got selected in our institute. Now tell me only one quality which you will look in your roommate. Why you looked for only that quality.
2. Do you believe in Destiny or not?( I said destiny can't decide )
Every answer is correct provided you justify that logically or relate it to something which in turn has rational behind it.
At the end of the day no one can predict how it was. Now it is only the destiny which will decide .
@sandhya275 said:HiIs there any [articular dress code to be followed for girls??Saree/Salwar/Western formals... any of these ok or would it be better to stick to western formals?
Guys can anyone say regarding the dress code?
@venkatvit169 said:Guys can anyone say regarding the dress code?
A direct question about other calls must have really put you in an awkward position.
Did u get defensive over it or proudly advertised the fact that you have other calls and effusively praised the other institutes in the respective discipline they dole out degrees in?
Just want to gain perspective on how one should convey oneself under such situation and still come out as a good guy!