[Official] 1 Year Post Graduate Program (PGPM)@School of Inspired Leadership (SOIL)

Dear Puys, I would like to introduce the Official Admission Query Thread of School of Inspired Leadership (SOIL), Gurgaon. SOIL is a Business School that offers one-year Post Graduate Programs. The courses available are the Business Lead…

Dear Puys,

I would like to introduce the Official Admission Query Thread of School of Inspired Leadership (SOIL), Gurgaon.

SOIL is a Business School that offers one-year Post Graduate Programs. The courses available are the Business Leadership Program, HR Leadership Program, and Marketing Leadership Program.

On behalf of SOIL, Mr. Anil Sachdev (Founder and Chief Executive) would be addressing your queries using the PG User Id anilsachdev. We will also have members of the SOIL Admissions Team addressing your queries using the PG User Id SOILAdmissions.

You can submit all your queries regarding the application and the admission process, and the future plans of SOIL through this thread.

All the best

Soumik Ganguly (PG-HQ)

Thank you!

I am planning to apply for SOIL.I have few query.Can anyone from the SOIL ans my query.
I am working with TCS and thinking of applying for 2012 intake of SOIL.by that time my total
experince will be 2.7 yrs and pckg will be 4.7 per annum.Can you please tell me with this kind of
profile wat will be minimum,maximum and avg pckg i can except.Is that i am going to get sufficient
knowledge to became an entreprneur in future.

Currently i am working with a software company.Can i able to change my carrer to other sector?What is the ROR i can except?Plz ans my querry
Thanks and Regards'
Nihar

Any preference for those appearing in round 1 admission process?
I am having 3+ yr of work ex (by the time i ill join will have 4yrs work ex) I am confused when to apply as I am appearing 4 other exams also .

I am planning to apply for SOIL.I have few query.Can anyone from the SOIL ans my query.
I am working with TCS and thinking of applying for 2012 intake of SOIL.by that time my total
experince will be 2.7 yrs and pckg will be 4.7 per annum.Can you please tell me with this kind of
profile wat will be minimum,maximum and avg pckg i can except.Is that i am going to get sufficient
knowledge to became an entreprneur in future.

Currently i am working with a software company.Can i able to change my carrer to other sector?What is the ROR i can except?Plz ans my querry
Thanks and Regards'
Nihar

Thank you for your interest in SOIL, Nihar.

We firmly believe that final placement is as much an outcome of your academic performance, non-academic interventions, industry exposure and peer learning as it is about your prior experience. There are many candidates from the Class of 2010 and Class of 2011 who joined SOIL after working in the IT industry for 2-4 years and most of them have been able to make a successful shift to non-IT roles after the program at SOIL. Having said that, one requires deep commitment to hard work to make this change.

As far as average, min or max figures are concerned, it's almost impossible to make a prediction on that. How recruiters perceive you depends completely on how you are able to leverage this program. However, you can take a look at the 2011 Placement Report on our website under Corporate Recruitment. That will give you a good idea of average salaries across the three programs. Once again, we would strongly advise you to carry out your research on SOIL and the transformational experience one undergoes here by speaking with current and former students and by making campus visits (if possible) and not apply simply on the strength of our placement record.
Any preference for those appearing in round 1 admission process?
I am having 3+ yr of work ex (by the time i ill join will have 4yrs work ex) I am confused when to apply as I am appearing 4 other exams also .

Sukesh, there is no preference for candidates applying in round 1. We follow the internationally accepted rolling model of admissions. This means that since we make admissions offers in each round, statistically the advantage of applying in round 1 is that all seats are available. Likewise, the pool of scholarships that is available in round 1 is also the largest. Hence your chances of receiving part tution waiver depending on merit and need are higher.

However, we would advise you to carefully consider why you want to apply to SOIL and how it is going to make a difference to your personal and professional growth. The best time to apply is when you have found the answer to those questions. So apply when you feel ready.

Hi Admissions Team,

I have a couple of queries -

1. I have applied for first round. In case, I am rejected can I apply for 2nd and third round or I have to wait for an year to re-apply.

2. Do we get accomodation facility or we have to arrange our own. If accomodation facility is provided by soil, is it single or on sharing basis.

Double post

Dear Jaisriram,

1. You can apply only once during a given year.

2. Accommodation is not provided by SOIL. SOIL shares the details of accommodation options with the students and the students make the arrangements themselves. Typically students take up the accommodation on a twin sharing basis. You can get in touch with some of the SOIL students on Pagalguy to share the experience with the accommodation (1 student on PG is Manu Malhotra PG Id = manubuffet )

Dear asa1985,

Thank you for writing in. The responses to your queries are below.

You can change your industry post SOIL. However this would depend on what skills you have acquired that would be transferable to a new industry/ job.

Some of the companies which recruited students from the MLP course last year include ACC, Dabur, TVS Motors, Videocon, Apollo Tyres etc.

Location constraints are considered during placements, however you need to realise you will only be limiting opportunities for yourself by placing such constriants.

Broadly speaking, the parameters we look at for in a candidate to consider for Admission are

1) Performance academically and in the work place(for experienced candidates)

2) Well rounded profile. The candidate should ideally have excelled in some Extra - curriculars as well such as sports, debating, music etc. as this adds to the diversity of the class.

3) Values fit with the 5 pillars of SOIL - Mindfullness, Compassion, Ethics, Sustainability, Diversity

As part of the Social Innovation Program students will be assigned to work in a group with one of our NGO partners for 1 day a week through the year. The projects can include marketing, conducting legal awareness camps, improving systems & processes, spreading knowledge on RTI etc.

There are no "final exams" in SOIL. Each course is graded by individually by the designated faculty through the duration of the course being taught. The grading is typically on the basis of a combination of assignments, class participation and tests.

You are also welcome to visit the campus and meet the faculty & interact with some of the current students as this will give you a better overall picture.

Hi Admissions Team,
What is the batch size of BLP programe. And what is the average work exp of candidates.

Regards,
Nimish

Dear Nimish

The current batch of BLP has 63 students. The average work experience is 4 years.

Hi Admissions Team,

My query is regarding the placement offers made by companies during your placement season.
When companies come for placement, there may be people with various years of experience, 3,4,5,6,7 yrs exp. On offering them a job offer, do companies provide different roles and packages, or is it same role and different package(depending on their exp). Basically, what will be the job profile offered by companies to people with say 3yrs exp and one with 5yrs exp. Is job profile and package same for both or is it that only package varies but profile is same.

Regards,
Nimish

Hi Admissions team,

I have query regarding admissions and placements.
I am working in a leading Software company and have a total exp of 3 years.I want to progress my career in IT post MBA

1)What are the roles that are offered by the IT companies /IT profiles by other companies.

2)Average salaries for IT placements( my current salary is 8.5 lacs and I am apprehensive about the ROI though I realise that there is more to the program than just placements it would be a significant opportunity cost)

3) Do consulting companies such as Deloitte offer IT consulting profiles?

Regarding Admissions

1) From website I learnt that a CAT/XAT score is not required. In absence of that how is the analytical capability judged since i believe an mba would be rigours on that front.

2) What does caliper test?

I guess I have a very long post ....Thanks in advance

Sajay

Dear Nimish,

Regarding your query about the placements, companies recognise that students come with different backgrounds and experiences. If there are two candidates who have 3 and 4 years of work experience, and they are picked up for a similar role it is typically the case that the candidate with more experience would have a higher salary package. Though this is not a rule as such, and each company has their own specific practices.

When there are two candidates with 3 and 5 years of experience hired by the same company, it will almost always be the case that the role is different. Even if the designation on paper is the same, the candidate with more experience will have a greater responsibility and also greater remuneration.

Warm Regards,
SOIL Admissions

Dear Sajay,

Thank you for writing in. Welcome to the SOIL Admissions thread. Responses to each of your queries are below.

1)What are the roles that are offered by the IT companies /IT profiles by other companies.

Some of the roles that companies have shared at SOIL are - Project Management, IT Consulting, Business Analyst, Management Trainees/Senior Management Trainees, Business Development, B2B Sales, Pre Sales.

2)Average salaries for IT placements( my current salary is 8.5 lacs and I am apprehensive about the ROI though I realise that there is more to the program than just placements it would be a significant opportunity cost)

Your incoming salary is on the higher side as students with 3 years experience typically do not have an incoming salary higher than 5-6 lacs. The average salaries for IT placements would be in the range of 9 lacs. However we would not recommend students look at averages and try to form estimates for their future salaries as remuneration is highly subjective and company/role/candidate dependent

3) Do consulting companies such as Deloitte offer IT consulting profiles?

We have had companies such as Ernst & Young offer IT consulting profiles. Deloitte has in the past offered different profiles.

1) From website I learnt that a CAT/XAT score is not required. In absence of that how is the analytical capability judged since i believe an mba would be rigours on that front.

We are modifying the Admission process this year and a test score will be made a requirement. A more detailed post on this will be shared shortly

2) What does caliper test?

The Caliper profile is a psychometric assessment which gives us a picture of the individual's default characteristics. It measures 18 core traits such as Assertiveness, Ego-strength, Accommodation, Abstract Reasoning, Flexibility, Self structure, Cautiosness etc.

This gives us a detailed insight in to what kind of profile a person has, and what kind of tasks he/she would be suited to performing. It is also used as a tool to aid in a candidates development through the program.

I guess I have a very long post ....Thanks in advance

Long posts are welcome!

Warm Regards,
SOIL Admissions

Dear Naumi,

Welcome to the SOIL Admissions thread.

Sir.....i have two queries
1) I'll complete my Engineering bachelors in 2012 i.e i'm a fresher and i'm applying for MLP at SOIL.....so can i know what are my chances of getting into SOIL??

We do take freshers as well. However the program starts on 15 May, and you would need to be able to join the program by then. A few of the freshers in our current batch had their final year exams running at the time of the program starting. They were allowed to join only up to a week late. Some of the freshers joined the program, and returned to their colleges for 1-2 days to answer an exam.

2)I'm going to give CAT this year and I've read in one of the previous posts that CAT scores have become mandatory.....so can i apply???

Yes, you can apply. In case you are giving your CAT later this year you can submit your CAT registration no. in the application. You will be put through the Admission process and the final decision will be taken once your score is available.

Regards,
Admissions Office

Thanks for your reply.

What GMAT/CAT score would be competitive for the admission, what is the median of the current batch?

Is there a way to connect and talk with the current batch of the BLP students(probably a facebook/google group) ?