OBC IIMB waitlist tracking

This thread is for the people who are waitlisted for the OBC seats in IIMB.Tghough we have a thread for waitlist tracking there is no clarity about the category.I hope this thread will help the needy waitlisted candidates and update them about the…

This thread is for the people who are waitlisted for the OBC seats in IIMB.Tghough we have a thread for waitlist tracking there is no clarity about the category.I hope this thread will help the needy waitlisted candidates and update them about their standings and chances of convert.

Hi,
My first post in Pagalguy.
I am waitlisted 6 in OBC category. I have no idea abt my chances.
Since IIMB has given 15 waitlist in OBC, i hope atleast 10 moves bcoz definitely they would have a good prediction abt it and going by last year trend they give only quite enough waitlist . Since last year they gave around 50 waitlist in general and 47 converted.

Converts:C,L
Waitlist: B ank K

@above
congos for ur C convert and hope u convert B. please fill in ur convert details in the following spreadsheet. It will help us.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pLExC73hB3vKp9sPUGulqRg

@above.
Sorry not able to enter convert details. Google spreadsheet is not accessible from my office.
Mod,
Invite people from IIMB,A and C final converts thread to poll here.

@above.
Sorry not able to enter convert details. Google spreadsheet is not accessible from my office.
Mod,
Invite people from IIMB,A and C final converts thread to poll here.

Use this
waitlistmove - Google Docs

hi
i hav got call for gd/pi under general cat but i hav applied under obc
my call in iim c is under obc{i am on hold 😞 )
now my waiting in 12 in iim b , it should be in which category general or OBC?
nybody please help

i think the result will be for the category in which you were interviewed.anyways u will be getting a letter in a day or two.your category will be posted in the letter.if you are so desperate to know you can call up the admissions office.

thanx
i hav called in IIM B office but they do not hav ny info

then u have to wait for the letter i think.i got mine yesterday.it says ur category n waiting number as well...

chandramnnit,
I think it is in OBC category... to my understanding even if u are called in general, you can still get thru using OBC quota.
And just consider if you are waitlisted in General, you marks shd have been good enough to get thru OBC seats already. So if you are waitlisted in general it sounds very unfair for you.
so i dont think that would be the case, it shd be OBC waitlist.
Anyways wait for letter. i have already got it.

Converts: C and L
waitlist: B and K
Rejects: none yet

Hi.

the controversy? regarding OBC seats could be very simple. probably IIMB has implemented 60 seats as they had promised.

Basically what must have happened is this.

of the 831 people called from general category,

228-222 get confirmed calls in the general category ( this might include other OBC guys who have cleared it in the general merit)
19 - 25 get confirmed calls in the OBC category since they don't clear it in the general category ( lets call it GEN-OBC category for now)

and from the 240 people called for GD/PI

41 (40+vamc nrsh) clear it with converted calls.

This makes the seat distribution as follows

Seats: 202 (GEN) + 60 (OBC 17%) + 52 (SC 15%) + 26 (ST 7.5%) + 10 (PWD 3%) = 350 Total

regarding buffers, notice that sc, st and pwd categories have no buffers this year and number of seats = number of confirmed offers. regarding general and obc buffers it depends on the actual numbe of people in the GEN-OBC category mentioned above. If it is 19 resulting in
OBC Buffer = 0
General Buffer = 26

If on the other hand, there is indeed a buffer of 10 % in the OBC category ( via 25 people in the Gen-OBC category mentioned above. Then we have

OBC Buffer = 6 ( 10 % of OBC Seats)
Gen Buffer = 20 ( 10 % of General Seats)

This seems to be a realistic picture than the assumption of 225 or so seats in the general category. Of course all the information is just logical deduction or just a good guess, standard disclaimers apply.

I wonder if there is any way to check this like reference numbers in the letters of the confirmed calls.

Can anyone tell me total how many OBC wait lists were given by IIMB.
And how many obc confirmed in the 1st list?

Also is there any chance for any second list for OBC?
Has anything happened like 2nd list in IIMB's history?

can u mention your % tile in CAT & how many of u got calls from IIM....

Hi...I am waitlisted 15...the lone one out who did not get it confirmed....in the poll there is one person who is also waitlisted and not joining iim b...Can that person confirm it again...Please...will be of great help....Any of the 14 guys/gals who have been offered admission kindly let me know if you are opting out...will give you a no holds barred treat in bangalore
thanks in advace...awaiting ur reply.....