OBC Discussion thread for IIMs and other mba colleges

*Hi Puys!!**This thread is designed to Help/ Assist "Other Backward Category" Students appearing for CAT 2013 and other exams in the 2013-2014 season.**This thread will Help in regards to Colleges having OBC quota, Obtaining OBC Non-creamy layer...

Hi Puys!!

This thread is designed to Help/ Assist "Other Backward Category" Students appearing for CAT 2013 and other exams in the 2013-2014 season.This thread will Help in regards to Colleges having OBC quota, Obtaining OBC Non-creamy layer certificates, Form filling, etc.Hope this helps!!Here is an indicative (Not Exhaustive) list of colleges having reservations for OBC Candidates

.1) All IIM

2) FMS

3) IIFT

4) All IITs (But Only Engineers can apply)

5) NITIE

6) JBIMS (85% for Maharashtrian with all vertical reservation & rest 15% for other state "General" students )

8 ) TISS

& those who dont have OBC reservations are:

1) XLRI

2) MDI

3) IMT

4) SP JAIN

5) Narsee monjee (some seats are reserved for Gujrati speaking candidates)

6) IMI

7) ISB,Hyderabad

8 )Symbiosis Institutes

9) XIM Bhubaneshwar (some seats are reserved for Orissa domicile only)This list is not an exhaustive one, and will be updated as and when required. Any PUYS with more information on colleges having OBC quota please come up with your suggestions.

Regards,

Abhi👏

hello sir... I have acads..10Th:88.6, 12th:73.4;Btech:73.8 2013 batch passout...what r d chances for iims( old or new)..belong to OBC Girl category. N also I hav started my coachng frm career launcher from june 2013..practising the coachng material z enuf or wat else I hav to do for better scores...pllzz reply asap..

1 Like

Other colleges having OBC quota in top list are :-
FMS (Banaras Hindu University)

IIFM , Bhopal
Department of Business Economics , DU
for other colleges i will keep updating.. mg 👍 mg

Hi Sir,I am NC-OBC student, i hav 73% in Xth(State board), 75% in XII(State board), 69% in BE(61% aggregate of 8 sems), 30 months of work-ex in IT. Are there ny chances of getting into IIM's if i score 95%+ in CAT??

What is min % required for the above acads to get into IIM's?

hello friends ..

which course material is good for CAT considering. . TIME, CL & IMS ??

plzz help me guys & let me know . .am in great confusion

Hey Hi everyone...

All the aspirants who have recently started their prep here are few things to be kept in mind
1. Make schedule until that you need to complete your given topics..
2. After that date don't go for new topics
3. study only those topics which are having high weightage for cat like numbers , geometry,algebra etc
4.improve your accuracy rather than attempts.
5.Analyse each and every test very carefully and improve your accuracy
6.revise the topics repeatedly.

i hope if you keep these things in your mind then there would be no time constrains
buckle up and start the marathon..
all the best..

hello puys... i need to know whther i have to produce the same nc obc certificate given in the catiim.in website or i fi can produce any appropriate form issued to me.... cause the officer in my area is not aware and is not willing to sign the nc obc certificate i downloaded from the site... pls help me guys...

do i need any obc certi ryt nw at the tym to fill the cat form????????plzz reply asap..

IIFT requires NC-OBC certificate while submitting the form through post.
I have last years NC certificate(Valid till March-2013) .Do I need to Renew it for submitting the application form??
Pls help??😟

hey hi.i am appearing CAT13.i'm new to this forum. i just wanted to ask one thing.. i belong to NC-OBC category.Does it provide any edge? if yes, how difference does it make? I mean i know the rule-27% reservation. but how actual substantial use does it have..say if i am aiming to bag IIM calls how much minimum %ile will i have to score?plz help.

guys!!

10th - 91
12th -93
Engg-87
work-ex-25months

NC-OBC

What should be considered good %ile for top IIMS

Hello Everyone,

I belong to NC-OBC.My academics 63%(10th,State Borad,Bihar),61%(12th,State Board,Bihar),66%(B.Tech) and having experience of 21 months in IT sector.Gonna appear for CAT'13 for the first time.

Can you please help me in clarifying whether I stand a chance to get the call from any of the IIMs.

If yes, what is the minimum percentile required in order to get the call from at least 1 out of 13 IIMs.

Need your honest and priceless suggestions.

Regards,

Aditya

Guys ,

My profile :
10th - 83.2
12th - 85.2
B.E - 69.3
Work exp : 31 months (presently)
NC-OBC

Do i have chances for IIM K , L , B or I ? Please help 😃

can anyone tell me what is nc-obc minority, i came across this while filling the CAT form. Should i select nc-obc minority as i belong this category, but this is yet to be enforced by the govt. So i m confused whether to chose nc-obc or nc-obc minority?

My acads and Work ex are below .. what percentile should i aim for ?

10th= 83
12th= 88
B.E= 75
NC-OBC
Male

how abt ABCLKI on following Acadamics

10th= 85

12th= 84

B.E= 60

Work Ex : 19 Months

NC-OBC

Male

Plz let me know??

Hi All,

I am Sivakarthik, Mech engg 2009 passed out, 10th-86.2, 12th-83.5 B.E-7.42(CGPA), Work Exp-49months as of August'2013. Aiming CAT-2013.
I did improvement exam(last batch in Tamilnadu) on 12th. Also, My 49months of Work experience. Does the abovesaid, matters to Top B-school admissions....??? If so, what extent....???
Pls advice....!!!

Hi All, I am 2012 pass out from Computer Science (BE), and my profile is as follows:

Xth- 73.2 (CBSE)
XIIth- 66.8 (CBSE)
Grad- 61.4 (RGPV)
Work-EX- 11 months (till now)
Category: NC-OBC (male)
Is there any chance to get BLACK specially A n B n C with this profile if I do excellent in CAT around 99%..
Last year I got 87% (without any preparation) in CAT and got call from al six new IIMS and converted Kashipur and Rohtak..

following academics can i get a call form IIM ABCKIL?
10th 89
12th 76
b. tech 65
no work exp
category NC-OBC
reply asap !!