NYU Stern MBA 2009 Applicants

I could not find a thread for 2009 MBA applicants, so am starting this. I submitted my application on November 15 and it is still being prepared for review. Pleasae chyme in with your status / queries.

I could not find a thread for 2009 MBA applicants, so am starting this.
I submitted my application on November 15 and it is still being prepared for review.

Pleasae chyme in with your status / queries.

I got an interview invite from Stern yesterday night. What about others ?

I could not find a thread for 2009 MBA applicants, so am starting this.
I submitted my application on November 15 and it is still being prepared for review.

Pleasae chyme in with your status / queries.

Hey Mayank,
You got an admit from ISB, didn't you ?

Hey itme_91,

Congratulations...atb

I am a fellow applicant...yet to receive a call...i submitted my app on 13th, received a app complete mail on 19th..

Peace

congrats itsme_291.
My profile still says its being checked and prepared to be presented to the app committee. Does this mean it is under review ??

Hey Mayank,
Congrats for Chicago. Getting into Stern will cause such a big dilemma....
Its tough getting a loan, that too without a co-signer !!!!

And yes, thanks for the wishes and all the best to you too :)

Hey mate, yes I did.

Nd last week got through Chicago Booth School of Business

Nt that it matters, but I still would like to atleast receive an interview invite from Stern.

All th best for Stern bro...saw ur profile...solid hai....ace it champ

Congrats for Tepper too!! Nd ISB!!...u r really killing the schools this year aren't you??

Peace
M

Hi DOMBAORDIE,
I think what you said is the case. Your profile is being reviewed. All the best...

congrats itsme_291.
My profile still says its being checked and prepared to be presented to the app committee. Does this mean it is under review ??

Hey coolmayank, did u apply to Cornell?? any updates on that.

No mate, I didnt...my R1 apps were for ISB/Chicago/Ross/Harvard

But the R1 results are out (one of my friend's friend got through...so i know)...

What bout you?...

Btw...even my appliaction status for Stern says being reviewed (but since 19th November)....no further updates

Ok i must be confused, so u've got Chicago ISBa nd ROss... good score man. My NYU app went unser review "as per that message" on december 1st. I've got an average profile (710 Gmat / 5 Yrs exp) and have already been denied by tepper. So am just keeping my fingers crossed.

ya am not worried about finances have some savings and rest family.
My worry is a good Admit :angel:

Lets see how it goes..!! are u in US??

Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Looks like there are very few people who have applied to STERN from India... or atleast they are not on pagalguy.

Has anyone heard from STERN? Rather has anyone got an admit call?

Do we have to wait till Feb 15th, because by then we will have heard from most schools and will have to pay up.

What to do? What to do?

Warm Regards,
ASV.

asv711,

I have seen a few applicants on bw forums getting admitted.... they had their interviews in mid Dec... more interview invites have started trickling but definitely seems to be slow as compared to other schools..... most of the interview invites have gone to white males in the northeast and women.... one of the guys has done posted his analysis and reasoning behind this on BW....

g'luck!

coolmayank123, an admit from Chicago is really 'cool'!!! Well done!
I hope that you are not true as well. However, I am an Indian and completed my Darden interview in Dec last year. Moreover, I have been in USA and that might have been a factor.

Submitted my Wharton app on the R2 deadline day... so good luck to both of us for that! I liked the fact that Wharton has the mid decisions deadline which informs applicants about dings as well, unlike Stern which has just left everyone hanging!!

Brief overview: M/25/WE-5 yrs IT Consulting Insurance Sector (All international - Asia, Australia, USA)/Career switcher to Finance-Invst Banking

How bout urs?? r u in US?

PS: GMAT - 700.... Has any intl student heard anything from Stern??

I have an interview at Bangalore today.. Will post my interview exp after I am done.

how did ur interview go??

Mayank, your ding does come as a surprise.
Business week forum is full og ding messages from indian applicants.
Most of them including myself were low 700's.

NYU is going crazy this year...

Anyways ..Good luck at Harvard.

Hi

I am R2 applicant and have not heard anything from Stern. Did anyone from R2 receive an interview call? Strange to see so less of an activity on the Stern thread.

Kalyan

Hi

I am R2 applicant and have not heard anything from Stern. Did anyone from R2 receive an interview call? Strange to see so less of an activity on the Stern thread.

Kalyan

hey even me a r2 applicant didnt hear anything from stern yet..

I finally heard back from NYU today and got a ding..... without even an interview.. I thought I had good essays and good profile but not good enough I guess, this whole ordeal is killing me...