NYU Stern 2010 applicants

I am pretty surprised there isn’t a seperate thread for NYU Stern 2010 on this forum. It’s a top 10 business school and I am sure some people here have applied. So anyone else here has applied? I applied in Round 1. My Brief profile: IIT…

I am pretty surprised there isn't a seperate thread for NYU Stern 2010 on this forum. It's a top 10 business school and I am sure some people here have applied.

So anyone else here has applied?

I applied in Round 1. My Brief profile: IIT Graduate, 2.5 years work experience in Marketing Analytics as of now, GMAT 720, decent extracurriculars.

Anybody here from Stern yet or know of anyone who got an admit last year?

Seriously has nobody here applied to NYU!!

Any particular reason why?

i applied to round 1 as well... haven't heard back .. although they have started sending out inteview invites ... need to know if applicant's from india have started getting the invites... but i don't see much activity here

May I know whats your profile is like?

Hi there,

I was also kind of surprised to not find a thread on Stern. I had applied in R1 and have heard back from them just day before yesterday. I have applied for an offsite interview which would only happen in March. This is because they club both R1 and R2 candidates and then take the interview.

The other option is to go NewYork.. but obviously for we Garib Indians that is out of question...

I wanted to know from people who have applied to Stern, as to how good Stern really is.. how was the placement last year.. and how are they generally.. I am interested in Investment Banking / PE / Management consulting careers - I have about 4 yrs experience in IB/PE profiles..

Also wanted to know about Stern's brand recognition in India.. how is it perceived vis a vis the top schools.. does it ring a bell when you tell somebody that you did your MBA from Stern..

cheers
Rahul

Hey Guys

I was wondering about the same thing - are there any NYU Stern applicants from India or not? Thanks a lot to all of you and congrats to those who received interview invites

I'm planning to apply to Stern in R2. But I'm skeptical about their note in bold which says that internationals are encouraged to apply by Nov 15 for priority consideration for off-site interviews. Do you know of anyone who applied in R2 earlier and was able to interview in India itself.

I was just wondering if it's worthwhile applying if they're not going to grant me an interview in India. Has anyone talked to any AdComm abt this during any information session earlier. I'd be grateful if one of you can give me some info reg. this

pointblank,
This is really of-topic, but I could'nt help noticing: you joined pagal guy nearly six years ago and the above post is your first post????!!!!

That's interesting. I was actually active during 2005/06 CAT season and after crashing out at CAT, I was not a regular visitor to PG and even though I visited, didnt have anything to say/reply. So that is it.

Guys, if anyone of you has spoken to a Stern AdComm during any of the Info Sessions, can you add a few highlights of what they said about Stern and what they're looking for in an applicant

That's interesting. I was actually active during 2005/06 CAT season and after crashing out at CAT, I was not a regular visitor to PG and even though I visited, didnt have anything to say/reply. So that is it.

Guys, if anyone of you has spoken to a Stern AdComm during any of the Info Sessions, can you add a few highlights of what they said about Stern and what they're looking for in an applicant

What every they said is the same as it is on the school website. So check that out. But one point about interviews is this: Stern Interviews are not usually held in India (or any other place except NYC for that matter). They may or may not select a few other places like Singapore, London, etc.

This year they will be in India in March (most likely Mumbai 😃 ). So you can get a call for an i/v in Mumbai. Rest, check the school website.

Sunil - do you have a link about their visit to India in March. I could not find such info on their site...or am i missing something here.

snipertrader Says
Sunil - do you have a link about their visit to India in March. I could not find such info on their site...or am i missing something here.

They told this when they came to India for an info session recently.

Hey Rahulagarwal_us,

could you please share your profile with pg's..

btw stern is a good brand outside india.. so u dont even have to bother about brand recognition in India..
Anyways I applied to stern but have not heard from them till now...

Cheers
Rahul

I'll be applying for R2 as well.... GMAT - 640, AWA - 5.5

Work Ex- 2.5 yrs in Public Relations COnsultancy. ECA - very good...

will apply by first week of Jan...fingerz crossd!

Throw my hat in as well. Sub 650 score...so a long shot. But one never knows.
R2 here i come.

Guys, esp those who received invites

Any pointers on how to tackle the 3rd essay for Stern? How did you approach it. I'd be grateful for any advice that you give

Anybody receive an Interview invite in addition to rahulagrwal_us ?

Hi..

I had posted my earlier thread under the alias (I thought so) ..rahulagrawal_us.. :-)

my profile is Male/Indian/GMAT - 750/ 5 years WE in IB and PE

I have applied for an interview in the US as this is the only interview invite I have from my R1 applications..

Does anybody know how shall one go about visa procurement .. is it ok to mention to the visa consulate that you are going for an MBA interview.

let me know if any one of you know anyone who did an interview in the US for any of the schools.. would be helpful

cheers

Hi..

I had posted my earlier thread under the alias (I thought so) ..rahulagrawal_us.. :-)

my profile is Male/Indian/GMAT - 750/ 5 years WE in IB and PE

I have applied for an interview in the US as this is the only interview invite I have from my R1 applications..

Does anybody know how shall one go about visa procurement .. is it ok to mention to the visa consulate that you are going for an MBA interview.

let me know if any one of you know anyone who did an interview in the US for any of the schools.. would be helpful

cheers

It is better to apply for a tourist visa. This is what the adcom told us from their past experience. I don't think there is special type of visa for interviews so the consulate might not be able to fit you in the correct category and might reject the application. Just my opinion.