NYU Stern (2007) Applicants

Is there anyone else applying in first round? With the deadline closing-in, I am more or less ready to submit my application. Being in NY and having visited the school couple of times, I will be happy to provide help to anyone who is looking forwa…

Is there anyone else applying in first round? With the deadline closing-in, I am more or less ready to submit my application. Being in NY and having visited the school couple of times, I will be happy to provide help to anyone who is looking forward to apply at Stern.

Maniranjan

Is there anyone else applying in first round? With the deadline closing-in, I am more or less ready to submit my application. Being in NY and having visited the school couple of times, I will be happy to provide help to anyone who is looking forward to apply at Stern.

Maniranjan

Please help me Ssssaaaaarrrrr!
Best of luck brother!

Maniranjan

Hi ManiRanjan,

I have heard that Stern usually prefers oldies. Is that true? Also it would be great if you could share your experiences from the school visit.

Thanks,
Vishal

I am also an R1 applicant.

Same here....R1 applicant...plz post your profiles...
My profile:
GMAT - 740
WORK EX - 6 YEARS (1 YR IN USA)
AGE - 28
Currently working as project manager in TCS
EC - Good
Community work - Good

I am also a R1 applicant.... so any ideas from when they start sending interview calls?

I am stuck with Stern's essay 3 - the please describe urself answer.

sanjeev florida Says
I am stuck with Stern's essay 3 - the please describe urself answer.

There is a related short story.

A US soldier posted in Iraq was shot couple of times in his boots. While applying at Stern, he sent those two boots as part of this essay's answer. People say that after this incident last year, Stern has prohibited applicants from sending perishable and worn items.

You can really send anything and everything apart from what is mentioned in application. A written item is simplest of all. You can write a plain essay, a short story, a play, a situational or conversational item, whatever you wish.

As one of the current students told me - Adcom does not differentiate between applicants based upon the extent of innovation you put in answering this question rather the extent to which your answer describes you. In my view - imagine that you are standing in front of the class and exhibiting your item or reading your response. Will your class be able to understand you? If yes, then your response is good else rethink...

Maniranjan
kamakazie - Sorry, I do not know about it.
Same here....R1 applicant...plz post your profiles...
My profile:
GMAT - 740
WORK EX - 6 YEARS (1 YR IN USA)
AGE - 28
Currently working as project manager in TCS
EC - Good
Community work - Good

750/6(2 years in Singapore and USA)/Infosys/28/Good ECA and No SW

Submitted my application for Round 1 yesterday(28th Nov)...Now hoping for the best..:)

hellojp Says
Submitted my application for Round 1 yesterday(28th Nov)...Now hoping for the best..:)

same here.

This is to all guys who have applied to Stern.
I am planning to apply to Stern in R2. As an international applicant and if i am good enuf for an interview invite, it would be an off campus interview. But the website of Stern says "Apply by R1 for preference in off campus interviews". The reason given is that this wud give them more time to organize the interviews. These interviews are held in March (from the website again) and the R2 deadline is in Jan. So i believe there is time to offer an invite.

I would like to hear from u folks (i have mailed AdComm too) on this issue. Am i at any disadvantage with this issue. I know i am looking too far into the future by considering issues abt a prospective interview to a school which i haven't even applied to. But i am worried all the same :)

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
Iday

This is to all guys who have applied to Stern.
I am planning to apply to Stern in R2. As an international applicant and if i am good enuf for an interview invite, it would be an off campus interview. But the website of Stern says "Apply by R1 for preference in off campus interviews". The reason given is that this wud give them more time to organize the interviews. These interviews are held in March (from the website again) and the R2 deadline is in Jan. So i believe there is time to offer an invite.

I would like to hear from u folks (i have mailed AdComm too) on this issue. Am i at any disadvantage with this issue. I know i am looking too far into the future by considering issues abt a prospective interview to a school which i haven't even applied to. But i am worried all the same :)

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
Iday

Your best bet would be to call them up and ask whether they provide off campus interviews for internationals who apply in R2.
good luck.

sanjeev

hey iday,

im also planning to apply to stern in R2 and was wondering if youve heard back from the adcom regarding the "Apply by R1 for preference in off campus interviews' and whether it wuld be a disavantage to people like us.

all the best for your application!!

regards,
NNN

Has any R-1 applicant heard from the school as yet?

kamakazie Says
Has any R-1 applicant heard from the school as yet?

I am an R1 Applicant...still waiting...dnt think we would get to know anything before jan-mid...:neutral:

Eve I thought so. However was wondering about what time do they generally send their interview invites? Man this winter-break in all colleges is really killing me! I can't wait till the end of the Christmas break as I have quite a few decisions lined up 😞

I applied in R1... still waiting to hear from NYU... did anyone hear...

pls reply
Macd