NYU-MS Management and systems

Hi Guys, My First post on the thread Excited to be a part of the community I have recently received an admit from NYU- School of Professional Studies for MS management and Systems Program The brand name of NYU behind the course i…

Hi Guys,

My First post on the thread

Excited to be a part of the community

I have recently received an admit from NYU- School of Professional Studies for MS management and Systems Program
The brand name of NYU behind the course is definitley a big plus in job market :detective:

But actual figures of placement for the course was not provided anywhere

That made me a lil apprehensive

Would appreciate ur inputs on placement for the course? Ny alumni or current student u may know of who can talk bout the course with insider details

Would appreciate inputs on the course overall as I have to take a call on this by May 15

thanks guys

For those who may want to search the program for themselves pl follow the link below:

M.S. in Management and Systems | New York University - SCPS

Not sure however u might get some info on Businessweek or Financial Times forum.Tr y seaching for the same there.

Ashish

Hi Guys,

My First post on the thread

Excited to be a part of the community

I have recently received an admit from NYU- School of Professional Studies for MS management and Systems Program
The bran
d name of NYU behind the course is definitley a big plus in job market :detective:

But actual figures of placement for the course was not provided anywhere

That made me a lil apprehensive

Would appreciate ur inputs on placement for the course? Ny alumni or current student u may know of who can talk bout the course with insider details

Would appreciate inputs on the course overall as I have to take a call on this by May 15

thanks guys

For those who may want to search the program for themselves pl follow the link below:

M.S. in Management and Systems | New York University - SCPS

thanks ashish

Hi guys

have reaserched about the course

got some info from faculty etc

N thats left me in dilema.....................

The course is more focussed for working professionals

As a full time I will have classes a twice a week ( three hrs per week)

The course content ie topic covered are good but because teaching time is so less I doubt whether they are as indepth as that of a MBA

Also since overall this is more geared for working to upgrade their skills, i seriously think whether its useful as a sub for full time MBA.

Pl refer the link above for course input if needed

guys Need ur suggestion on whether I should go for it or take another shot at GMAT or CAT.............................

Its already two years have taken CAT and GMAT twice...........(GMAT: 700;710) CAT forget it............................

Thought of doing it all over again is also killing

It seems I have a khai on side and a croc on the other ..................

what to do.................

Need suggestions pl

Hi guys

have reaserched about the course

got some info from faculty etc

N thats left me in dilema.....................

The course is more focussed for working professionals

As a full time I will have classes a twice a week ( three hrs per week)

The course content ie topic covered are good but because teaching time is so less I doubt whether they are as indepth as that of a MBA

Also since overall this is more geared for working to upgrade their skills, i seriously think whether its useful as a sub for full time MBA.

Pl refer the link above for course input if needed

guys Need ur suggestion on whether I should go for it or take another shot at GMAT or CAT.............................

Its already two years have taken CAT and GMAT twice...........(GMAT: 700;710) CAT forget it............................

Thought of doing it all over again is also killing

It seems I have a khai on side and a croc on the other ..................

what to do.................

Need suggestions pl

Hi everyone,

I bumped into this forum while doing some of my own research regarding the NYU Masters of Science in management and systems program offered at SCPS.

Like astute10, I do have the same dilemma about the rigidity of the program. Since the program is not offered by the business school (Stern), how credible is this program in the eyes of future employers as opposed to the ones offered in other schools?

I have been accepted to programs of a similar nature as well in other schools (Michigan and Indiana), so I do have some options. I am leaning towards this program and am hoping to seek some assurances.

Any inputs on this will be very helpful. Thank you.