Number of years of employment verification by Indian IT companies

Hi, I wanted to know how many years back do IT companies in India go (like Cognizant, Accenture, IBM etc) while verifying previous employments ? Is it 5 to 7 years or more than that ? I have 12 years of experience and have been offered a job …

Hi,

I wanted to know how many years back do IT companies in India go (like Cognizant, Accenture, IBM etc) while verifying previous employments ? Is it 5 to 7 years or more than that ? I have 12 years of experience and have been offered a job in a large IT company. I have all records but one previous company didn't give me a proper experience letter where i worked for in 2004 and early 2005, I had left that company in a huff. After that I have changed 3 employers (all CMMI level IT companies) and the background checks were done in them all. I always remain worried about that 1 previous employer from whom I don't have the experience letter and I have to provide an explanation each time.
If the next one that I am going to join sticks to 5 - 7 years or the last 3 employers then it's good, else I have to explain again. Therefore wanted to know if anyone has any idea how far IT companies go nowadays in verifying previous employments ? Do they dig up to more than 7 years in the past ?