NRI applicant to IIMs

I’ve lived outside India all my life, but I will be living/working there for the next few months. I plan on applying to the IIMs in that period - would I still be considered an NRI applicant?

I've lived outside India all my life, but I will be living/working there for the next few months. I plan on applying to the IIMs in that period - would I still be considered an NRI applicant?

If you are studying or working in India at the time of application and for a period of 1 to two years prior to the date of CAT, then you will not be eligible to apply through the GMAT/NRI route; then you have to take CAT and follow the regular procedure.
Only those who are outside India for a period of about 2 years prior to the date of CAT are eligible under GMAT route.

I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean by the "date of CAT"? I know nothing about the CAT - could you explain a little more?

I will only be working in India for a few months, but it is during this time that I plan on applying to the IIMs.

That was very helpful. Thanks.

I guess that means the GMAT/NRI route would be applicable in my case, since I have never lived in India.