NRI admission to IIM

Not many people know this but almost all IIMs accept GMAT scores for admission to PGP programmes. However, you need to be a NRI to be eligible for admission using GMAT score. This thread will serve as a platform for sharing information with curren...

Not many people know this but almost all IIMs accept GMAT scores for admission to PGP programmes. However, you need to be a NRI to be eligible for admission using GMAT score. This thread will serve as a platform for sharing information with current and future applicants.

Hello,
This is a nice forum to start. I am currently based in US from February 1st,2013. In the IIM Website it's mentioned that you need to be out of India for 2 years.

I will not be in a position to appear for CAT this year. Any suggestions on how to apply for the PGP course.

yes, you need to be out of india for some time in order to be eligible. i think the minimum is 18 months, each IIM has a a different criteria. The application process usually starts Oct-Dec, but you might not be eligible this year. Check out the IIM ABC websites, they all have details of admission process for internationals.

@hokiegrad1987 Thanks
@reviliant For IIM B, its 18 months in last three years upto the December before apps are due. For IIM C, its 12 months only. So if you are applying for year 2014, you should be abroad from Jan 2013 to Feb 2014. These two institutes take most number of overseas candidates. L, I, K have more stringer requirements (NRI letter from embassy and all that I think) and take fewer people.
@sb3191 - any word from IIMB folks? I was hoping that they will declare the results today for overseas candidates. they declared it on April 2 last year.
@hokiegrad1987 I'm expecting a reply this week itself. Apparently overseas people get results before domestic candidates. If domestic candidates receive decisions around April 10 then it's highly likely that we shall receive our decisions this week. I wonder if they send rejection emails or not. It may so happen that we are rejected and decisions are already out. Just worried about that.

thats true too. reading thru lsat year's thread, ppl who were rejected never got any email, they had to call them to confirm the result. But, they did post a results link on their website after a day or so. I might just call them tomorrow morning. #curiosity and #desperation

Frantically waiting for it too !

@dbhai - are u an overseas applicant as well? what all calls do you have? and how did your interviews go :)
@hokiegrad1987 yup, only C - I think it went ok, but you never know :(

oh cool. My C interview was really bad so have no hopes of converting it, so am just waiting for B

@sb3191 - just called IIMB people, the lady said that the results will be declared before April 15 not sure if she heard me correctly, she might have just told the date for domestic candidates.

One of my friends called them too and heard the same thing. Probably the fact that Skype interviews were delayed by nearly a week has resulted in this delay. It's so vague that it could be any day before 15th.

guys can u share ur gmat score....anyone of u applied to iift?

@thomaschandy Have a 750, and didn't apply to IIFT. Don't have much idea about IIFT but there is another nri thread you can go through that. For C anything above 700 is good, and for B as long as you get 90 percentile in Verbal and 80 in Quant you are fine.
@sb3191 awesome score buddy..............hope u get through an IIM
@thomaschandy thanks for the good wishes bro, its only good as long as I get in otherwise its just a useless number on paper lol

I asked my sister to call IIMB during the day and ask specifically about overseas candidates. They said 10th April to her.
i just think they make up these dates, the results for overseas candidates should be out this week..