Northeastern MBA Fall, 2013

Hi Guys, I was looking for a thread for the Northeastern University’s MBA program, but i could not find any. I have been trying to research about the program, but there isn’t much info available on the internet. Any feedback regarding …

Hi Guys,

I was looking for a thread for the Northeastern University's MBA program, but i could not find any. I have been trying to research about the program, but there isn't much info available on the internet.

Any feedback regarding the program is most welcome.

Anyways, I'm planning to apply to the program for Fall, 2013 session. Anyone else in the same boat ??

Cheers,
Deep

Hi Deep,

Iam thinking of applying for the 2013 entry. can you share ur profile
@deepdutta2402 said: Hi Guys,
I was looking for a thread for the Northeastern University's MBA program, but i could not find any. I have been trying to research about the program, but there isn't much info available on the internet.Any feedback regarding the program is most welcome.Anyways, I'm planning to apply to the program for Fall, 2013 session. Anyone else in the same boat ??
Cheers,
Deep
@uchiha.itachi

Hi Haran ,

I'm yet to take GMAT test. My GMAT test is on 26th Sept. However, apart from GMAT here is my profile.

Xth Class: 89.60 %
XIIth Class: 78.00 %
B.Eng (EC): 68% (don't know how much cgpa that is)
EC: Decent
Work Ex. : 3.4 years of work experience in Telecom Sector (Ericsson)

Appreciate if you could share yours. Have you taken the GMAT ?

Cheers,
Deep

Hi Deep ,

I took the Gmat :700
12th : 84
10th:84 (both Cbse)
engg : 6.84
work ex : 1 yr
couple of months entrepreneurship exp , rest in IT , retail sector

Looks good man ! You should apply right away. You have good chances of getting through!

Btw, with your GMAT score why don't you apply to Ivy League B-Schools as well.
@deepdutta2402 : I feel my work ex is pretty low, so not sure I stand a chance in ivy league schools. have taken the gmat yet ?
@uchiha.itachi : Nope not yet.. Will be taking it.. I think with the score that you have, you should wait and apply to Ivy League ! You can think about it.. what do you think ? MBA is all about experience.. You need to have good experience before joining the program. I hope you are understanding what I'm trying to make you understand !
also, let me knw wen u start applying. all the best :)

Sure, I will.. Btw, Can you PM me your mail id, then it would be easier for me to contact you. I have PM you my mail id..

Hi guys,

i am planning to apply for northeastern for Fall 2013.

My profile:

GMAT : 640

Work Ex : 7yr in IT

Does anyone know any current students who can answer few questions?

I seem to get the feeling that the average exp is very low in northeastern...2.8 yrs as per profile.

Is there kind of more chances for less exp students? I am not sure....

Atul

@Atul4MBA : I suppse der s higher percentage of less experienced ppl but dat shldnt affect ur chances. I am just guessing.
@Atul4MBA : With 7 years of experience, I would suggest you to apply to Boston University ! Boston University is better than Northeastern University. BU's average GMAT score is 680.

Now that you've 7 years of experience, if you can show your leadership skills and other achievements of yours, then BU might go little lenient with your GMAT score. One most important point BU is that they gives a good scholarship provided your profile is strong.

Thanks uchiha.itachi and deepdutta2402.

Actually I was preferring Northeastern due to low avg gmat score, which would bring more chances for scholarship and GA. I feel it is a bit difficult in BU at my gmat score. Could you please suggest some universities for my profile, where there are good chances of scholarship and GA?

Thanks for the response!

Regards,

Atul

@Atul4MBA : Please check the forbes link given below..

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/95/best-business-schools-11_land.html

Check the rankings of colleges and apply as per score and work experience. I would still say that you have good chances of getting through into a good B-school with scholarship and GA as your experience is good.. If you can write good essays and SOPs, then you'll get better B-school than NEU.. Btw, this doesn't mean that you shouldn't apply to NEU.. Just to make myself more clear.. Thanks and let me know if you have any further questions..

Thanks deep!

Small Update regarding Northeastern University B-School:

Two North­eastern Uni­ver­sity alumni—Richard D'Amore, BA'76, and Alan McKim, MBA'88—have joined forces to make the largest phil­an­thropic invest­ment in the university's his­tory. As a result of their com­bined $60 mil­lion gift, Northeastern's Col­lege of Busi­ness Admin­is­tra­tion will become the D'Amore-McKim School of Busi­ness. It will be the first col­lege or school to be named at Northeastern.
Those in Pune, feel free to come for networking event specially for aspiring MBA professionals to top b-schools in India as well as abroad...

Saturday, Sept 15, 4pm
RamaKrishna Hotel, M.G. Road
Network, Learn and Stand-out smartly among the pool
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4346554662
Those in Pune, feel free to come for networking event specially for aspiring MBA professionals to top b-schools in India as well as abroad...

Saturday, Sept 15, 4pm
RamaKrishna Hotel, M.G. Road
Network, Learn and Stand-out smartly among the pool
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4346554662

Can somebody shed some more light on the program? How is the school like, what concentration is it famous for? Average GMAT , Placement record etc