'Non creamy' status discussion

We have seen people facing trouble getting their NC OBC certificate because the issuing authorities reject the applications for wrong reasons generally due to incomplete information. This thread is to help people in resolving their certificate queries. 

The Mis-interpretation of 6 Lakh Income Limit.

· The Income criteria is applicable only on parents income/ the post he or she holds.

People wrongly assume that they don't belong to OBC category just because their own income is greater than 6 lakh. Note that your income or your husbands income doesn't matter while deciding the Creamy layer status. 

·  Secondly the Official Memorandum (OM) states that the income from salary and agriculture income cannot be CLUBBED.

This is mistaken as 'either income from salary is taken into account or income from agriculture'. But this is a misconception, they have nowhere used 'either/or' in the sentence to mean what people usually assume.

·   Thirdly, income limit criterion doesn't apply for the employees of Central and State governments.

For government employees only their position in the office is the criterion for non-creamy layer status. Excluding all Class I employees and direct recruits of Class II cadre, all other govt. servants having income greater than 6 lakhs are still eligible for the OBC non creamy layer certificates. Also to note that if an employee gets promoted to Class I cadre after his 40 years of age, his children still come under non-creamy layer, so note that 6 lakh criterion thus applies only for business class not for salaried government working class.

Source: oceanofnotion(dot)blogspot(dot)in

Hi, I have OBC certificate made by SDO/SDM dated sept,2015. Non-digital. Will it work fine during admission in IIM Ahmedabad. Guys who have taken admission under OBC category last year/this year, please reply.

PS:- IIML updated the site to bring the certificate dated on or after 1st Apr,2016. So, really worried.

will IIM C accept OBC certificate of may 2016? or they will ask the same old one given in interview, just worried that old one will expire on last day registration.

is serial no of caste different from the resolution number issued in the nc-obc caste certifactes

how to get the serial number of the obc caste? can someone tell how the format of serial number looks like? couldn proceed with the application. 

My interview is at March 2nd 2017 and I got  my NC OBC certicate issued in september 2016. Do I have to re issue it before interview? Or I have to reissur it before actua admission?

I had interview on 23 feb 2017. Interviewer asked me to renew caste certificate. But  whatafter renewing it? Do I need to send it to IIM Rohtak? Or is it ok if I have it during admission if I get call for Admission?

OBC NC cerificate...My father salary crossed 4.5 lakhs can I provide fake salary certificate for my father's income....do they cross check on salary certificate or any other documents I provide is authenticity or not...others documents I have correctly..plz reply..will be there any problem henceforth..

one year of nc-obc certificate validity is considered from the date on updated certificate mentioned or on financial year basis????

hey ...can you help me out..do we need an ITR copy along with the nc-obc cetificate at time of admissions to any IIM?  

What is the procedure to get NC-OBC certificate in Chennai? How long does it take to get the certificate?

Does the NC-OBC Certificate should be in English or the Hindi version will work ??

I am a MBA aspirant who is going to take CAT 2017.  I filled my category as OBC Non-Creamy-Layer(OBC-NC) and till now I haven't submitted the form so I can make a change till 20 sept. 

I am a MBA aspirant who is going to take CAT 2017.  I filled my category as OBC Non-Creamy-Layer(OBC-NC) and till now I haven't submitted the form so I can make changes within somedays.am a MBA aspirant who is going to take CAT 2017.  I filled my category as OBC Non-Creamy-Layer(OBC-NC) and till now I haven't submitted the form so I can make changes within somedays.

While getting Income certificate, i found it shows annual income to be ₹1,10,000 while my actual family income is ~ ₹4,00,000. 

Is there any need to reissuing income and obc certificate or I can go with the certificate i have right now?

I have read somewhere that at IIM they also ask for Income Tax Return (ITR) Form. And, they also do verification.I have read somewhere that at IIM they also ask for Income Tax Return (ITR) Form. And, they also do verification.

So, I am concerned regarding verification process. I do not have any idea about how it works. But I am concerned about the fact that what would happen if authority find that I made the certificate with lower income than actual while both came under NCL limit. So, I am concerned regarding verification process. I do not have any idea about how it works. But I am concerned about the fact that what would happen if authority find that I made the certificate with lower income than actual while both came under NCL limit. 

Please suggest me what I have to do for now? 

PS: OBC-NC certificate also mentions profession and income. PS: OBC-NC certificate also mentions profession and income. 

what is the wealth limit for obc non creamy layer?

Guys, how to find the serial number of caste?? It's quite confusing here... Pls help.. I haven't filled cat form yet.

i have 5 years old NC OBC certificate. due to lack of time, i am unable to renew it. Can i upload it now and will show them renewed one at the time of addmission?  

latest memo regarding creamy layer status whose limit now has been revised to 8 lakhs http://document.ccis.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02adm/36033_1_2013-Estt-Res-13092017.pdf

Hey guys,, we know that there is a rule that if the parent is a government employee then post and not income is considered for obc ncl certificate but in my city the people in the block are saying they dont know about any such rule. Please suggest wjat should I do now. 

Guyz I have an OBC NCL Certificate which shows two castes, one belongs to me and the other one which however belongs to the same entry no. in the State of Central List. To illustrate I'm Suthar but in the certificate it is showing KHARADI SUTHAR (Both belongs to the same Entry no.3 Rajasthan separated with a comma).

Rest everything is fine with my certificate , I've been trying to get it corrected but due to bueracratic delays I won't be able to submit it before the last date.

Therefore I've submitted my existing Certificate. What consequences would be If it's found invalid just because of a clerical error.