No IIM calls even after 99%ile - All izz not well

Dear All,This thread is for all BLs(Bad Luckers) jinki kismat me is saal koi IIM call nain likhidespite everyone ranting around you the moment u saw ur CAT score ki - L to pakka aayegiarre K givs weighatge to only CAT scoreL & B dicey hai but I se…

Dear All,This thread is for all BLs(Bad Luckers) jinki kismat me is saal koi IIM call nain likhidespite everyone ranting around you the moment u saw ur CAT score ki - L to pakka aayegiarre K givs weighatge to only CAT scoreL & B dicey hai but I se sureshotend me hua kya ---- sabki zubaan pe lagaam lag gayi and hum log bas baiththe reh gaye is aas me ki koi IIM to call kar leas now only I & B are left with hopes dipping , our dreams to atleast appear in any 1 IIM interview seems overbas ek hi tamanna thhi ki kisi ek IIM interview me baith paaun ... but in 10/12 criteria ne laga diCAT %ileOA - 99.22VA - 96.5DI - 98.91QA - 95.45X-81XII-73BTech-77Work Ex - 25 months ab kya bachche ki jaan logeXAT 98.92 ( missed XL by 0.5 marks in VA cut off )

IIM RANCHI Bacha hai...wahin bhar ke khush ho jao .... aur koi chara nai hai

Guys I am with you 99.15 and no call
ab to expect bhi nahi kar raha mein koi call
dubara dunga bhi nahi cat jab itni %ile par bhi call nahi ayi to agli bar kese aa jayegi my 10th and 12th spoiled my only chance to the IIM.

lagadi 10th or 12th ne meri. jab result aya tab soch raha tha 1-2 iim calls to paka aa hi jayengi and look now no call.

yes....i am telling my younger brother (yb) who is in class ix to study hard if you want to join iim.....

yb: what is iim?
me: have you heard iit?
yb: yes
me: iits for technical stuff and iim for management!
yb: oh! so mba is gud career option?
me: yes
yb: ok i will try to join it after school.
me:first get good marks in x, then xii, then graduation (b.tech preferred), work for some time, then give CAT (perhaps on mobile then)...after that you will get call that too for gdpi.
yb:

i m an iim aspirant...
n i really feel sorry...for u guys...

according to dis pattern...i wll join exaclty dere where u r now....

dis acad. background criteria sucks big tym....:banghead::banghead:

getting no calls for a 99+ %ile is very sad...

if dey dont want to give importance to cat exam....den y dey conduct cat....

97% is getting so many calls...n 99 is getting none.....IIM's ur doing something wrong...

yes....i am telling my younger brother (yb) who is in class ix to study hard if you want to join iim.....

yb: what is iim?
me: have you heard iit?
yb: yes
me: iits for technical stuff and iim for management!
yb: oh! so mba is gud career option?
me: yes
yb: ok i will try to join it after school.
me:first get good marks in x, then xii, then graduation (b.tech preferred), work for some time, then give CAT (perhaps on mobile then)...after that you will get call that too for gdpi.
yb:

Buddy,I had a similar talk wit my younger cous. But I suggested him not to mess around with stupid mismanaged cat.Write Gmat n ISB or great lakes,try XAT,try NMAT...dont write cat!

nice forum..

Over all- 99.68 :look round:
Verbal- 92.1
QA-99.56
DI-99.24

X-88.26
XII-87.83
Graduation-85.4

Work ex- 4 months at time of filling form..

No call!!!!!!! woooaaaahhhh.. nice but i will be back i know that....

m really not able to understand
Online CAT karne ke idea kiska tha-IIM's ka
Wen CAT Fiasco happened and retest ke baat hue to prometric pe 100% bharosa hai aisa kisne kaha-IIM's ne
and now who is changing the criteria-IIM's ...kya yaar we studied like crazy and now this is what we get,i mean agar u didn't trust prometric u should have conducted the retest,what did u get by breaking our dreams,itna hard work karne ke baad his is what we i have-NO CALLS.........

Bhaiyon ab ye rahi meri dataan...

CAT09 99.77%le qa 99.8 va 99.65 di 88.82
X 92.5
XII 93.0
btech 82.7 (till 6th sem)
work ex 0

IIM calls 0

aur jaale par namak chirakne IIMl ne ek abm call diya hai....
jaise ki le bachhe iss se khush ho jaa pgdm k baare me sochna maat.
BTW IIMk ka shortlist procedure mujhe samajh nahi aa raha....

This is surely gonna reflect on their reputation..
Many people who have less marks in 10th and 12th will now think twice before even start preparing for CAT...This is the worst thing that could have happened this year!!
even 85% in 10th and 12th is now not good enough...WTF...On one hand we talk about reducing stress on 10th and 12th students...and on the other hand, we are giving so much importance to these boards...I think IIMs have been given "over-autonomy".

Where is HR ministry???

I got 90.15 and this was my first attempt I was planning for another attempt with a hope I will score 99 but after the IIM's tantrums abt academics I have decided to say no to cat and do some work and den go for gmat .
I also advice to many people if we same type of hardwork which is required for getting 99 in cat that amt of hardwork will land us to harvard,wharton and insead if we give GMAT.

No call after getting 99.68 :banghead::banghead:

I guess I have to change my name now from IIM_Killer to IIM_Killed_me

You'll have a legitimate right to feel bad. I hope you do not lose your confidence over this. Please remember that there is something greater in store for you. Who knows you'll may end up in not the best schools of India but the best schools of the world!

Check this out : Business school rankings and MBA rankings from the Financial Times

There are schools out there which are better than most of the IIMs in almost all respects.

Anyway, I would encourage some of you to file a RTI and check the real reason why you have not managed to get calls.

I have after having a bad experience with IIM A myself last year resolved to spread as much true information as possible. In that endeavour I have been focusing on such issues on my blog/website. I encourage anyonw who decides to take up the CAT to read this : Things you should know about B-Schools in India (Of Education, Change and everything between )

We do not have vital info disclosed to us here in India. Just check out the business schools abroad. You can almost be sure what kind of candidates they are looking at looking at their website. It is so detailed and they are very transparent. They tell you from the start they are looking at a profile and that selection will be subjective.

Sir,

Can you pls give unofficial info regarding IIM I's criteria this year?
99.79%ile OA with minimum 94.26%ile in QA
yet no calls yet due to poor acads

thanks in advance
No call after getting 99.68 :banghead::banghead:

I guess I have to change my name now from IIM_Killer to IIM_Killed_me

your rank will be around 700 out of 2.2 Lacs!! Still no call from IIM..unbelievable

Marking Scheme and Calculation of marks in CAT 09 .
Check link below

Prometric Services: Testing and Assessment

Even I am one of those who have been hit by this.....
99.28 with no calls..........

I would like to ask the moderators to start a poll on this thread for 99+ getters who have not got a call from any of the IIMs..... what say puys ?

Thanks guys for starting this thread...
It reminds of a signature of a puy which I once read..

I got rejected from IIM's because I score only 70% in kindergarten, way below CAT standards...

My CAT scorecard
overall: 99.22
VA: 99.52
QA: 89.22
DI: 97.96

I think IIM's should not give too much weightage to acads :banghead: a lot of us are trying to pursue MBA from IIM because we no more want mediocrity in our life :biggrin:
Even we agreed to normalization and the online CAT fiasco

But even after a 99%ile+ no calls, not fair! :banghead:

Things need to be questioned now

99.5 with 89.22 in quant...........no calls but i am happy..........really

For all those who are feeling bad.
Here's my story.

DI: 99.63
QA: 92.75
VA: 99.96

Overall: 99.91

X : 83
XII: 88.6