Nmims Or Iit Roorkee?

HEY GUYS!! I HAVE ALREADY MADE IT TO IIT ROORKEE. BUT I AM IN A DILEMMA AS TO WHAT TO CHOOSE BETWEEN IIT ROORKEE AND NMIMS (HAD A GR8 GD/PI SESSION YESTERDAY). PLZ HELP???????????????? DEV

HEY GUYS!!

I HAVE ALREADY MADE IT TO IIT ROORKEE. BUT I AM IN A DILEMMA AS TO WHAT TO CHOOSE BETWEEN IIT ROORKEE AND NMIMS (HAD A GR8 GD/PI SESSION YESTERDAY). PLZ HELP????????????????

DEV

wats ur nmims score

check placements of iit roorkee
as nmims has inconsistency in placement

Hi

I can only speak from the NMIMS perspective as I am first year student there. I have written about it on my blog some time back. check it out at http://rajatkhungar.rediffblogs.com

I had 155 rank in JMET last yr and applied ONLY to IIT-B,D and kharagpur. Had final call from IIT Khagarpur and SCMHRD (systems) but choose NMIMS instead. Its great school for marketing for sure. IITs score in brand name (more for engg than management) and less batch sizes. Rest is ur call

Rajat

😃

IIt Roorke anyday.
for sheer presence of talented people in ur batch.
NMIMS 50% reservation.
so overall intelectual average of students goes down.
but yup...NM has a cut over roorke for marketing.
ur call buddy.

hi Dev,
....if u get NM....... take it........
NM wins hands down......overall bhi......
see quality of placements matter.....
NM obviosly has to have better placements.......
Rajat .... just give some update if u have on dis issue.....its a important factor.....
iit-r has a perception of engg. insti more dan
mba insti.....
hasnt able to show it strengths properly as of now........
Future no1 knows.....
but present and for a long time to come...vote goes to NM......
ciao,
Gaurav..
PGP-1
XIM-B

Oye sunil

50% reservation in NMIMS : : :

never heard that before

NM slightly ahead of iit-r. no disregard meant for iit-r guys.

iit has a better brand name + unlike 240 (incl reservations) students at nm- iit-r hardly has 60. thats a big advantage.

But overall nm is gud in terms of stability, past record and location advantage.

Faculty-wise althou nm is not known for its faculty (like imi or mdi) but then surely it has better access to corporates.

And most importantly placements @ nm r decent. 3.5 is the figure

In NM, reservation is not 50% this time...also, IITs have their brand value but for technical studies...they still have to prove themselves for management(apart from IIT-B)...

I made it to IIT-KGP and waiting for the result of NMIMS, if given the chance, I will go for NMIMS. Manily because of the location, Mumbai is the best place for mgmt placements...
as per me, NM is definately better than IIT-R

i hv got a call from ximb.i am also expecting the final results frm nm.can
anybody out there pleeez tell me which is better?ximb or narsee monjee? : :

Hi ramyasri

I have replied to ur other post for the same question with my opinion. There are people in my college who have left IIT-D,K,R,Kgp, SCMHRD, IMT, XIMB and even IIT-Bombay(I wont have left IITB for sure). last year topper of SIBM entrance exam, Francis is here at NMIMS as well. I am sure there would be people in these institutes who would have left NMIMS as well. Its really close call....if ur for Marketing come here @ NMIMS otherwise XIMB is where u shud be.

Rajat
MBA, NMIMS
Class of 2005

http://rajatkhungar.rediffblogs.com

well.......
for marketin n for other fields too........keepin apart IIMs and XL...........n a few topmost skools
den its XIMB vs. NM, IITD, IITK, IMT, Symbi and rest.........
even bein in bhubaneswar doesnt stop us from industry interaction
we have too many of dem
n even webcast also.........for foreign speakers........
placements wise no probs..........cos...came here.......

chao,
Gaurav
XIMB

Okay, whats the reservation figure at NM???
any official record?? or statement?

hey guys..all those who got calls from XIMB n IIT roorke or ... other institutes.
Nm
😁
swot...( strenth weakness....)

Strength.
1) Location.100% points on this
2) Industry access.gud....
3) Old institute. 😃

weakness
1) To commercial in its approach.
2) Lower intelectual capital ( Source BT)i had the previlidge of working with few of there students on a project
:
3) large batch size.imagine placing 240 people....
4) Inconsistent placement...as in not getting the right profile. :oops:
5)so old in mumbai and such low average salary......???????

Opportunity.
......many

Threat
1) Further increase in courses... u know wellingkars's size, n number of courses.Nm going same way. :

Guys it's my assesment..well best way is to visit the website of XIMB.IITR.
and NM....or any institute u r in....checkout each an every thread.
Symbi have an envious alumini network my senior got his 2nd job throug Symbi alumini after a unsuccesfull 1 st one.soooo many semoinars at symbi...great exposure.

anybidy seen ulysses score card at XIMB...interesting.
as far IIt's r concerned.
batch size 60?????
:shock:

But marketing from IIT is not very succesfull( U get placed in company's like TVS motors n tata motors not FMCG)

I slog my a** at a korean mnc .
Many from symbi in this company, from IIT -(operations).MDI .IMT....
Top 20 institute students surely...Develop a cutting edge.

Hi people (and dear gaurav)

I would agree with you for most of the facts and would like to add my inputs to the same. I would place XIMB/SIBM/SCMHRD/IIT-Kgp almost at the same level with minor differences depending upon one's personal preferences.

One more thing...NMIMS always had 240 students and its not from this year only. Even for class of 2004, there are 60 ppl for MBA, 120 for MMS (mumbai univ course), 30 each for ACM and RM course. From my batch, class of 2005 all are combined into one universal MBA.

XIMB is a gr8 gr8 college and probably if I had a chance I would have gone there instead of NMIMS. But I wud still like to correct some of the facts...

NMIMS placed 116 students on DAY 0 itself (thats less than 12 hrs ) as against 30 hrs taken by XIMB to place 120. Average salary for those 116 shud be around 5 lakhs and for total batch of 200+ it shud be 4 lakhs plus. I hve written in detail about the same at my blog as well as on this forum @ mumbai mgmt insti placements.

This year summer placements were not that easy to come by ..we have placed some 150 till date and some 40 more shud be placed by next week. Around 200+ wud get summers from campus itself and XIMB has batch size of 120 so they need to put half the effort and face half the problems.

Being in Mumbai has special advantages with vitistin faculty, corporate lectures, seminars and intercation with 4 other great business schools (IIT-B SOM, NITIE, Bajaj and SPJain). Mumbai is the true metropolitan city of India with fast life, cars, beaches, malls, discs, fashion world, pubs, bollywood and the hottest crowd u can expect.

Gaurav rightly pointed out that there are some minor problems we are facing....large batch size, NMIMS has just become a deemed university so transition phase, SVKM is the authority that runs the college (thats why gujju reservation) so some issues are there..

But the scene is looking a lot better now. Be it placements, college brand name, infrastructure, faculty, admin inititiatives and hostel facilities r all improving like anything. Please give 10% more weightage to the new NMIMS than u used to give and then make ur decision.

Rajat
MBA, NMIMS
Class of 2005

http://rajatkhungar.rediffblogs.com

Now that NMIMS Results have come........who all are opting for NMIMS or IITR ?

hi everybody,
my viewpoint in this case would be to go for IITR.Imagine the intellectual capital there,Excellent infra,amazing prof and above all the IIT brand.Highest salary forIITR went 8.5 L this year by TRIDENT.
NMIMS doesnt come too near to IITR and voila! a batch of 240.What the hell is that.
Can you expect quality?
I remember the quality of my class deteriorate exponentially when all the student of different streams of Mech Engg were combined and taught in a single class for a common subject.
IITR would be of course a better choice

We puts me off NMIMS is the mockery they made of the entire examination system!! IMHO all they wanted to make was money out of the selection proceedure. Boy 4000+ calls for 240 seats(many of which reserved for different type of quatas) 😞 I am happy that I didn't even sat for their exam.....

To be honest I have no idea about IIT-R as an MBA institute but atleast they were more serious about the entire selection proceedure.

Only advantage NMIMS holds is that of location!! which unfortunately is a big-big advantage.......

People/industry don't regard IIT R as an IIT . IIT fraternity and industries believe only in big guns as KGP,K or D or B or M but not Guwhati or Roorke, take in mind if IIT brand has an internal image or not among the IITs and placements here is poor abt 75 % for 48 odd ppl who took this course ,I say if u have a better offer in your hand don't think of Roorke ,i already let it go.... One more thing u wont find IIT R in top 50 institutes nor top 75 institutes either , think abt it

Go for NM dude.....
its an easy call.....
IIT-R way behind NM......and many instis.....
between lower ranked instis also IIT-R is way behind....
IIT-R will take time to rise....
plus its policy of year long placements unlike
other IITs is a big prob....
u cannot tell wen u will be placed.......

go for NM.......
ciao,
Gaurav

hey ppl can ne1 tell me whether ther is a gujrati speakin quota or reservation at NMIMS......n if yes hw many %