NMIMS [2012-2014] Outside Hostel Accomodation

HeY everyone . This thread is for people who have been selected in NMIMS (2012-2014) batch. We can talk to each other regarding the accommodation in mumbai for these two supposed-to-be awesome years All those who are interested in Flat-sha…

HeY everyone .
This thread is for people who have been selected in NMIMS (2012-2014) batch. We can talk to each other regarding the accommodation in mumbai for these two supposed-to-be awesome years

All those who are interested in Flat-sharing and people who have contacts that can lead to find a nice flat are most welcome..
Seniors can also help us.

Name :-
Place:-
Working\fresher (age):-
Stream(Core/Banking...):-
Smoking:-
Drinking:-
Any other requirement:-
Budget:-

Reminder: Don't Post your Email ids or Phone nos. Use PM for the same.
Thank you
-Richa

Reference: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/nmims-2011-2013-outside-hostel-accomodation-25064872

Name :- Dipesh Jain
Place:- Delhi
Working\fresher (age):- work-ex of 18 months (24 years)
Stream(Core/Banking...):- Core
Smoking:- No (preferably non-smokers but fine either ways!)
Drinking:- Like a fish ;)
Any other requirement:- should be in proximity to college, furnished for at least basic living, preferably people from north india or those who aint fussy about food preferences (I'm a foodie n i love them all!)
Budget:- 6-8K

Name :- Richa Sharma
Place:- New Delhi
Working\fresher (age):-Self-Employed (25)
Stream(Core/Banking...):-Core
Smoking:-No
Drinking:-No
Any other requirement:-Furnished,Electricity/water included, close to college
Budget:-6-10k

Nice initiative Richa. Personally I would recommend hostels for the girls as they are very well maintained and are located in posh locales.

Also, searching flats can get a bit tedious and you need to travel to Mumbai to finalize the rent and other formalities. The only upside would be no restrictions and unlimited night-outs with friends.

I would advise the girls (Boys would be dealt with later) to take up the hostel as it would ensure that you don't have to run around searching for flats in a good locality.

All said and done, take an informed decision.

Cheers !!

But I heard that there is a strict curfew time on hostels... and since most case-studies,meeting,etc etc will be happening post-lunch, the curfews will be a pain... Im not too sure about this though..
any help will be appreciated...

Name :- PIYUSH SIHGH
Place:- NEW DELHI
Working\fresher (age):- working 21 n still counting (23yrs)
Stream(Core/Banking...):- Banking
Smoking:- No
Drinking:- occasionally (Almost close to No)
Any other requirement:- furnised/power backup/proximity to collg/gud locality
Budget:- any (arnd 10-15k..but less wud be obvsly gud.)

Curfew?

That is too strong a word I think. All is well if you are in the Hostel by 11 PM. Also, you need to take permission for night-outs or staying out, which I hear is not too tough to gather unless the exams are near.

All the case discussions and other stuff can be done during the college hours too. Don't worry, you would get a decent amount of time to complete all the necessary activities of academic and extracurricular nature.

Cheers !!

WHTS THE FEE STRUCTURE OF NMIMS

manas a lil word of advice for us boys as well 😉

Thanks Manas!!
Curfew-Hahaha....

Well, i think this information will help a lot.Can you suggest a girl from ur batch/junior batch to join the discussion too:-) It will be very helpful.

hi manas can u please tell about boys hostel facility wrt:
1. No. of people in 1 room
2. food quality
3. internet speed
4. Any sports facility present in hostel
5. AC room demand?

Nice initiative Richa. Personally I would recommend hostels for the girls as they are very well maintained and are located in posh locales.

Also, searching flats can get a bit tedious and you need to travel to Mumbai to finalize the rent and other formalities. The only upside would be no restrictions and unlimited night-outs with friends.

I would advise the girls (Boys would be dealt with later) to take up the hostel as it would ensure that you don't have to run around searching for flats in a good locality.

All said and done, take an informed decision.

Cheers !!

manas sir, ladkiyo k hostel ki badi jaankaari hai aakpo... 😛 kya baat hai?
Name :- Ankush
Place:- Bengaluru
Working\fresher (age):- 34 Months & counting (26)
Smoking:- NO
Drinking:- NO (Once in a BLUE moon, if at all)
Any other requirement:- Would prefer NON-Smokers
Budget:- 10 k
jaindips88 Says
manas a lil word of advice for us boys as well ;)

hi manas can u please tell about boys hostel facility wrt:
1. No. of people in 1 room
2. food quality
3. internet speed
4. Any sports facility present in hostel
5. AC room demand?

For Boys, a private accomodation is the most preferred option. As I gather from my friends in the hostel, there are 4 people in a single room. 10 rooms share a washing machine and a microwave. And more often than not, you might find yourself standing in a queue in the morning. Also, the internet speed is a bit slow. It only saves you the hassles of searching for a flat, that's it.

I will be uploading the contact number of some brokers. I think you might find it useful. They would make your task a bit easier too.

anks1990 Says
manas sir, ladkiyo k hostel ki badi jaankaari hai aakpo... 😛 kya baat hai?

:biggrin:
Name :- Senajit
Place:- Kolkata
Working\fresher (age):- 44 months and counting :grin: (25 yrs)
Smoking:- Yes
Drinking:- Yes
Any other requirement:- High speed internet at low cost :biggrin::biggrin:
Budget:-
6-8k

would prefer partners who drink and smoke :biggrin::biggrin:

Name :- Shubham Chandra
Place:- New Delhi
Working\fresher (age):-Working with MNC (20 months-present)
Stream(Core/Banking...):-Banking/Hoping for Core at 611(Manas said convert in may, I can wait till then)
Smoking:-No
Drinking:-No
Any other requirement:-Furnished,Electricity/water included, close to college/gud locality/AC/Fridge/TV(Not necessary)
Budget:-10k+ if requirements met

Name :- Srinivas
Place:- Hyderabad
Working\fresher (age):- working(24yrs)
Drinking:- occasionally
Any other requirement:- furnised/power backup/proximity to collg/gud locality
Budget:- around 6-10K

Name :- Kaaran Dhar
Place:- Vadodara, Gujarat
Working\fresher (age):- 12 months exp (24yrs)
Drinking:- don't mind
Any other requirement:- furnised/power backup/proximity to collg/gud locality/AC (preferable but not neccesary)/ wifi (must)
Budget:- around 6-10K

Hi manas can u give me email id/ contact no of anyone staying in hostel right now?