NITK MBA [2015-2017] Admissions - Official Thread

Applications are invited to the 9th batch of MBA programme by Dept. of HSSM, National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal, Mangalore. 

Test Scores considered: CAT 2014 or GMAT 

UG: Any discipline with not less than 60% marks/ 6.5 CGPA (55% or 6.0 for SC/ST)

Last date for applications (EXTENDED) : 16-02-2015

Total Institute Fee: INR 1,54,100

Total Hostel Fee: INR 77,500 (for Boys) or INR 81,500(Girls)

Total Intake: 64

Information bulletin & applications:

http://www.nitk.ac.in/mba-admissions

Details about the programme:

http://hssm.nitk.ac.in/

Official Facebook Page: 

https://www.facebook.com/mba.nitk.surathkal

i got 40 percentile overall any chnace of getting admisssion?

Chances at 85 percentile in CAT ?

CAT OA - 74.77 percentile

QA - 73.77 percentile

VA - 71.36 percentile

Xth - 90%

XIIth - 81%

B.tech - 77%

Work ex - 29 months

Please tell me are there any chances to convert?

Also, could you kindly tell me the last candidate's cat score in the previous year who got admission?  

10-82, 12-91, BE-74, NC-OBC, WORK EX-3 years IT. CAT-74.5. DO I have a chance?

@phate , Is it advisable to apply for NITK MBA for a person with 29 Months of decent work ex keeping the placement quality & statistics in thought ? 

CAT : 83.77 ;X : 90.2 ;XII : 74.2 ;BE(CSE) : 84.8;Work Ex : 29 Months;

Hi I have got 86.45 percentile...work ex-33 months...chances?10th-81,  12th-65,   B.Tech-65..Also please tell me about package details and id GD/PI is done only at suratkal

Hi ,currently my gender is wrongly reflected in my score card....shal I apply.I have spoken with the guy at the cat helpdesk and he said the gender can't be edited r8 now...I am highly tensed on such ground ....plz let me know if I can apply as everything except the gender holds the correct value....

NITK MBA Placements Info: 

Class of 2014 had almost half of the batch placed through campus and the remaining through pre-placement offers, off-campus and public recruitments to PSUs.

Companies that recruited on-campus in recent years include Volvo, Vmware, Netlink Technologies, Odessa Technologies, TechMahindra, Robosoft Technologies, QuestGlobal, InfinitiResearch, Practo Technologies, Grail Research, Orange County Resorts etc. 

The profiles offered on-campus had annual CTC ranging from INR 3.5 to 9 lakhs and had roles of Analyst, Manager and Consultant among others. Candidates who had pre-MBA work experience as well as freshers got offers with deserving packages that rewarded their knowledge, attitude and experience in the campus placements. 

The placements for class of 2015 and have commenced and details are raw and cannot be disclosed before end of placements season, however we can say it has had a promising start this year and we definitely see a rise of the bar this year in terms of numbers. The current batch has 47% students with pre-MBA work-experience and 53% freshers. 

NITK MBA Admission Process

Graduation: Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (For SC/ST it is 55% or 6.0) from a recognized institute/university.

Test scores: CAT 2014 or GMAT

Applications shall be submitted in the prescribed format before 12-01-2015 with necessary details and attachments to be considered for admission.

Cut-off scores for GDPI calls will depend on factors like number and diversity of applications received; however trends in the last couple of years suggest scores around 78%ile in CAT to be a safe zone for well experienced candidates and 84%ile for freshers in general category.  Last year GDPI calls were made to all eligible candidates with CAT scores ~70 and converted candidates had scores between 74%ile and 90%ile in general category.

GMAT scores are being considered for NITK MBA admissions for the first time this season and score should have been obtained in the 24 months prior to last date of application to be valid for application.

The admission process will consider CAT/GMAT score (70% weight), Group Discussion (10%), Personal Interview (10%) and Work Ex (10%) to evaluate the candidates who get a call. 

There are a total no. of 64 seats open for admission; 32 in general category, 17 reserved for OBC, 10 for SC and 5 for ST. 

The admission notification is available here:

http://www.nitk.ac.in/mba-admissions

N.B: Please read the information brochure and posts in the thread thoroughly before posting queries to avoid redundancy.

CAT:67.90{QA:79.69  VA:42.34},  X-75.85,   XII-64.6,  B.TECH-66.87 CATEGORY:NC OBC FRESHER.......ANY CHANCE FOR GDPI CALLS ??

For latest news and updates from NITK MBA follow our official facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/mba.nitk.surathkal

cat oa - 85.62 

decent acads with 35 months of work ex 

do i have a chance and please brief me about the placements......

Hi,,CAT Score 76.36%ile

Xth -89.6

XIIth -69.8

B.Tech 80.8

Work Ex- 22Mnths (RIL)

Do i have a chance ???

An honest reply is always welcome..

hi guys, general merit qa 94.5 va 91.6 oa 95.53 .totally confused as i just wrote CAT .. do i have the slightest of the chances ? GM category 10th 91.6 cbse 12 - 87.83 BE -8.3 grade work experience 5 months as of 2014 december
i am from mangalore , so NITK is really good for me .

Hi,
One of the points in the app form says the following 

Percentage of marks (all years/semesters) of qualifying examination in I attempt (while computing percentage of marks in first attempt take into account marks scored in all the subjects of all exams.)

What does "first attempt" means?

Hi ,

My Cat Percentile:73.56

10th-84.83

12th-80.67

B.Tech-7.8

Work experience-39 months

Do i have a chance to get a call from NIT surathkal?Thanks for your help

CAT Percentile: OA:66; Verbal:80; Quans:50, Schooling:80%

Mech: 6.81CGPA, 2yrs work Exp.,

Any chance of getting calls from NITK?

Hi, 

Urgent Help Req.

QA&DI-43.64; VA&LR-66.36; Overall-53.68

Grad: 6.62 CGPA

XII-72.8% X-77.83

Catergory-SC

25 Months of experience in Automotive Steel.

All frustrated with Job. 

Cat Scores unsatisfactory!!!But are there any chances still?? Somebody please help me out!!

Do I stand of getting a call???

Thanks in advance!!!

Any idea for average package? Interested to know......