Nitie Queries

Hi All, I am a Nitie PGDIM 2006 student. I am part of the IMPACT team that acts as an interface between prospective students and Nitie. Feel free to ask me any queries related to Nitie in this thread. Cheers, Mandar, Team Impact …

1 Like

Hi All,

I am a Nitie PGDIM 2006 student. I am part of the IMPACT team that acts as an interface between prospective students and Nitie.
Feel free to ask me any queries related to Nitie in this thread.

Cheers,
Mandar,
Team Impact
PGDIM - XI

Hey, thanx a lot. Cud u tell me how good is NITIE for a student aspiring to do his MBA in finance. I've heard of NITIE being a gr8 sys/ops school, but what r the chances of landing up a fin job after MBA from NITIE. Cud u tell me what organisations recruit from NITIE (not only fin, all Cos.).
Thanx in advance.

hi,

With all the limited information i have ...

When the focus of many b-schools is to get a good mix of students from various backgrounds , is it beneficial to offer the course only to Engg. students considerin that companies coming to the campus are looking for similar candidates with the job profile too being similar as elsewhere?...

Will the CAT score be accepted for admission purposes this year ?

wat all courses does nitie offer on the basis of CAT score??

hey...

Do tell me how much NITIE grills u in the PI on ur engg basics...coz i am a Final yr engg student (comp engg) from Goa...n i head NITIE is mostly a place for engineers..

Ashish

Is NITIE going for its own exam or is it going to take the CAT score ??

Coz there was no mention of NITIE in the list of Instts ,which would be taking the CAT-score....the list is given in the CAT brochure..

Regards

Vikram

hi all!
when r the nitie forms xpectd to cm?
i thnk they dont accept the CAt scores!
they hav their separate exam!
how gud is nitie othrwise?
neways gud luck
nj

Hi All,

I am a Nitie PGDIM 2006 student. I am part of the IMPACT team that acts as an interface between prospective students and Nitie.
Feel free to ask me any queries related to Nitie in this thread.

Cheers,
Mandar,
Team Impact
PGDIM - XI

Hi Mandar,
This's Jyoti Prasad(B.E in Mech.) from Hyd.preparing 4 CAT this time & ve 3 yrs of workex.Can U gimme some idea abt d placement of laterals last yr at NITIE.
Also tell me wat other splzsn is good at NITIE apart from IM.

Regards
SturdyHunk

hi

for info on NITIE

go to this link

Cud u tell me what organisations recruit from NITIE (not only fin, all Cos.).
Thanx in advance.

Hey Ghilli,

Here's a list of some of the organizations which have visited NITIE campus in recent past:

Consultancy
========

TSMG
Cap Gemini
Ernst and Young
Triniti Corp.
GE-Analytics
Digital (HP)
Mahindra Consulting

FMCG
====

Nestle
HLL
Johnson & Johnson Asia Pacific
Asian Paints
Titan
Barista
L'OReal
Murugappa Group
Godrej
Marico
Saint Gobain
Onida

Systems
======

Computer Sciences Corporation
Intel
SAP
Oracle
GE-CIS
HCL Technologies
Wipro
Siemens Information Systems

Finance/Services
===========

Citi Bank
GE-IMLP
GE-SBI
ICICI Infotech
ICICI Prudential
Birla Management Centre
ABB
Maersk Sealand
DHL Worldwide

Process/Mfg
========

Castrol
Illinois Tool Works Signode
Dr. Reddys Labs
Hero Honda
Larsen & Toubro
BPCL
Ashok Leyland
Tata Auto Components

As i have said..its not a comprehensive list but a representative one.

Cud u tell me how good is NITIE for a student aspiring to do his MBA in finance. I've heard of NITIE being a gr8 sys/ops school, but what r the chances of landing up a fin job after MBA from NITIE.

Every B-school has its own USP n as is the case with NITIE, we are recognized as one of the centres of excellence for Operations. But at the same time, ours is a general management course and students have the freedom to choose their own electives....as far as finance placements are concerned, we have a no. of finance companies coming down for placements......plz. visit the NITIE website ( http://www.nitie.edu ) for getting a feel of the placements scene (summers as well as final placements).

Do tell me how much NITIE grills u in the PI on ur engg basics...coz i am a Final yr engg student (comp engg) from Goa...n i head NITIE is mostly a place for engineers..

hmm..to tell u my experience, I wasnt asked a single technical question, but would maintain that if u r a fresher then, the panel expects u to be familiar with ur subjects n I guess few technical questions would be there....but there's nothing like grilling u on techie stuff......afterall they r interviewing u for a business course :)

Is NITIE going for its own exam or is it going to take the CAT score ??

Hey Vikram...good to hear from u :)

Well...I havent seen the CAT brochure as yet but according to my knowledge, admissions shld be thru CAT....anyway will confirm this n get back to u.

Phew...well this can qualify as one of my longest posts on PG

Cheers,
Kanti

Thanks a lot for the info Kanti...

How're u doin ?? Hope life's as sleepless as it for the junta at IIMs

Regards
Vikram Kumar

hey kanti !!! howdy man.. remember me from the PG meet?? well rgd. NITIE wud like more info on placements in ops. coz as per my exp. ppl in core engg. are those who rise form the ranks... if a works manager is to leave/resign/retire the nxt person to the throne is usually the guy with most exp. in this scenario wht are the types of functions offered.

Well...the ads have come in the newspapers...NITIE is gonna continue with CAT scores.....plz. visit the NITIE website ( http://www.nitie.edu ) for the details.

Thnx,
Kanti

Gordon Says
hey kanti !!! howdy man.. remember me from the PG meet?? well rgd. NITIE wud like more info on placements in ops. coz as per my exp. ppl in core engg. are those who rise form the ranks... if a works manager is to leave/resign/retire the nxt person to the throne is usually the guy with most exp. in this scenario wht are the types of functions offered.

Hello Gordon...long time buddy.... howz life?? Well, regarding placements in Ops. at NITIE..i can write pages n pages on it...just to put in perspective..nearly 60% of NITIE alumni are in top managerial positions in manufacturing/core industries. Regarding the companies..u name it n they come to NITIE for placements. Companies like Asian paints, Castrol, Coke, Lafarge, Marico, Maruti etc. are regulars at NITIE campus. We have foreign placements in the SCM/Ops stream..

Apart from the placements, some of the best operations professors are from NITIE...we are hosting the VIII Annual International Conference on SCM this december n there r many more activities which specifically target OPS stream....if u r planning get a MBA in Ops then, NITIE is THE place to be.

Plz. PM me if u have any specific queries...or if u can come down to our campus ... I'll be very glad to drive u arnd :)

Cheers,
Kanti

Hi
I am currently in my final year of engg.
I have very low acads in my engg. but the rest are quite fine.
How much do acads matter at NITIE.
I would be glad if someone could reply for this.
Bye.

see nitie takes in only first class engineers. so u need to have cleared that. Above this your academics becomes just one of the factors in evaluating you. As you have said if your other things are pretty good and you have good cat, gd and interview then i think it should be fine

sonsy

Thanx a lot Kanti for ur replies.

-Pradeep.

hi
i'm doing my B.E. in industrial engg. and management. our syllabus covers most of the subjects taught in nitie in 1st year. do i have an advantage over others once i get gd/pi call?
cheers,
anupam

hi
i'm doing my B.E. in industrial engg. and management. our syllabus covers most of the subjects taught in nitie in 1st year. do i have an advantage over others once i get gd/pi call?
cheers,
anupam

Hi Anupam,
The final selection depends on the cumulative score of CAT percentile and GD/PI score. So it is difficult to say if there will be any advantage b'cus of your branch. But you may expect a lot of acad questions in PI. That way it may be advantageous for you. Again if you manage to get thru NITIE, it will help you in first year.
So once u get a GD/PI call, prepare well the basics of Industrial Mgt for PI.

All the best.
Cheerz 😃