Nitie Gd/pi

Had my GD/PI in NITIE yesterday… Jus a quick view thro jus in case anybody needs it… GD: -10 students/panel…5 panelists !!! :: Topic was :- Hows BPO helping AVERAGE indian… Intersting topic …gud group…lively discussi…

Had my GD/PI in NITIE yesterday.....
Jus a quick view thro jus in case anybody needs it...

GD: -10 students/panel...5 panelists !!!

Topic was :- Hows BPO helping AVERAGE indian..
Intersting topic ...gud group....lively discussion....came up with lot od gud point and cud sort of guide the team since most of thm were younger thn me..(me's already feeling like an uncle !!)

PI :-

5 panelists again..but diff frm my GD Panel..some well read and widely acknowledged individuals frm Industry including a world famous 6 sigma consultant....we jus talked around about my industry, my future plans,why wud i ever choose NITIE over the 4 IIMs...(told somethign about the over all perspective including the functional dependencies since i want to be in consultancy)....asked me to comment on reforms...an intersting dialogoue was not whether it was NDA or COngress but whether the prime reason for India Shining is POlitical Govt. at all or companies like INfy /Wipro/Reliance...got a bit into the microeco vs overall macro policy decisions and its effects....i did nto ofcourse hide my pro NDA bias ;)....nywasy was nice discussing with soem eminent industrialists...came back to the age ol Industry vs Consultancy debate..why wud i leave such a challengin career where I see things like refineries/offshore structures getting built up to be in a chair doing nothing but prophesying!!...all preplanned junk bout how strat consults are moving to handson from arm chair babblings & also the increasing importance of implementation of generated ideas and how i can add value therein....ofcourse as can be expected the panel didnt buy it fully !! hehehe

Probably the best panel tht i got after IIMC....
Freshers were being asked tech Qs frm Undergrad major...otherwise HR/Work/GA

Cheers

N.B They show movies like Black Hawk Down and 50 first dates in the interim periods btwn Gd/PI and waiting !!So all in all a pleasant exp. at NITIE !!!

ATB

Suhas

Hey Suhas,

Welcome back mate!..Are they asking engg ques frm ppl with workex...me having 3 yrs exp...so worried if i'd b grilled on that.. :shock:
take care and all the best!
cheers

Had my GD/PI in NITIE yesterday.....
Jus a quick view thro jus in case anybody needs it...

GD: -10 students/panel...5 panelists !!!

Topic was :- Hows BPO helping AVERAGE indian..
Intersting topic ...gud group....lively discussion....came up with lot od gud point and cud sort of guide the team since most of thm were younger thn me..(me's already feeling like an uncle !!)

PI :-

5 panelists again..but diff frm my GD Panel..some well read and widely acknowledged individuals frm Industry including a world famous 6 sigma consultant....we jus talked around about my industry, my future plans,why wud i ever choose NITIE over the 4 IIMs...(told somethign about the over all perspective including the functional dependencies since i want to be in consultancy)....asked me to comment on reforms...an intersting dialogoue was not whether it was NDA or COngress but whether the prime reason for India Shining is POlitical Govt. at all or companies like INfy /Wipro/Reliance...got a bit into the microeco vs overall macro policy decisions and its effects....i did nto ofcourse hide my pro NDA bias ;)....nywasy was nice discussing with soem eminent industrialists...came back to the age ol Industry vs Consultancy debate..why wud i leave such a challengin career where I see things like refineries/offshore structures getting built up to be in a chair doing nothing but prophesying!!...all preplanned junk bout how strat consults are moving to handson from arm chair babblings & also the increasing importance of implementation of generated ideas and how i can add value therein....ofcourse as can be expected the panel didnt buy it fully !! hehehe

Probably the best panel tht i got after IIMC....
Freshers were being asked tech Qs frm Undergrad major...otherwise HR/Work/GA

Cheers

N.B They show movies like Black Hawk Down and 50 first dates in the interim periods btwn Gd/PI and waiting !!So all in all a pleasant exp. at NITIE !!!

ATB

Suhas
Hey Suhas,

Welcome back mate!..Are they asking engg ques frm ppl with workex...me having 3 yrs exp...so worried if i'd b grilled on that.. :shock:
take care and all the best!
cheers

2+ workex guys were not asked anything tech/acads..so chill!! 😃

hi guys,
PK again
Had my interview yesterday 6th may.
Gd was on Free market vs Regulation.
* people in my group.Went well .
Inteview there were 8 or 9 panelists.Some seiors and some juniors from faculty i guesss.
Went on lil tech first on locomotives,motors used etc.Then about my work ex ,the challenges i faced in workex.Then it went on why NITIE ,where isee myself after 5 years ...
then lil more about my extra curricular activities.
Later they asked did i have any other calls.Told em that.

overall for 12-15 mins.

Results are expected on MOnday.
Bye
PK

hi all,

My GD/PI was on 6th. By the way, my profile: Acads - Above 80% all thru, workex - 1 yr with Infy, CAT %ile - 97.88.

My GD topic was Free market Vs Regulation. There were 8 ppl in my group. Gd went on pretty well, with almost all the ppl giving their points.
PI: My PI panel was panel-4. This is the panel which is asking most no of tech questions, even to exp ppl. But, surprisingly they asked me very few tech questions and more on general topics. The questions were:

1. Tell us about urself.
2. 3-4 tech questions in CS. (from which I ranswered to 1-2)
3. 1 question on work-ex. (which I answered).
4. What is the most important Business event which happenned in the last 1 month?
(I replied: Sensex shedding more than 200 pts on the eve of exit poll results after the 2nd round of polls)
5. What do you think is the position now, in LS polls?
6. What do you think is the fate of TDP in Andhra (as I am from AP) ?
7. Who will come into power in AP?
8. What about Telangana sentiment?
9. If you become the Union IT minister what is the 1 thing which you would try to do?
10. Why are so many ppl leaving Infy (they had more than 5 ppl from Infy in their Interviews that day)?
(I replied, Infy is the place for ppl with high IQ, so they are able to crack diff exams like CAT )
11. So, Infy is not the place for ppl with IQ, coz so many ppl are trying to lve the company.
12. What abt the ESOP plan of Infy?

Total duration was abt 10-12 min.

I am praying dearly to all my Gods to get me thru NITIE, as I have no other calls.
:nervous:

plzzzzzzzzz get me an final call from nitie....... 😁 :thumbsup: :tellme: