NITIE Associate Dean Interview - Part 2

NITIE Associate Dean Interview - Part 2 NITIE’s Associate Dean (Placements) Prof Ashok K Pundir reveals all that is unsaid in NITIE’s admission brochure in Part 2 of his interview with PaGaLGuY.com. Read his take on admissions, GD-PIs, B-…

NITIE Associate Dean Interview - Part 2

NITIE's Associate Dean (Placements) Prof Ashok K Pundir reveals all that is unsaid in NITIE's admission brochure in Part 2 of his interview with PaGaLGuY.com. Read his take on admissions, GD-PIs, B-school rankings and more!

Read the full interview here
Part 1 of the interview

good interview....

nice thoughts rohit... but dont u think that the panel has been finding out these characters and throwing them out.... otherwise why else will the dean have mentioned it...cause they may have gotten tired of candidated coming and lying and then the panel seeing thru them...

my 10 paise....

I wonder what lies are being reffered to in the interview. No one seems to have cleared that bit up. It certainly would have helped if the dean had given us a couple of examples.

As for Rohit's observation, it is an inherent human trait in people to project themselves as best as they can. Even if they have to lie. People who manage to overcome this need for preening their sham feathers in public and otherwise are the only ones who will get anywhere. That is beacuse such folk are well aware of their capabilities.

Students clearing the written bit of the selection procedure can perhaps be clumped together as a set of number crunchers/efficient "brains". The GD/PI is used to separate the chaff from the grain. People show up and are judged on the basis of their commitment, communication skills, confidence and so forth; which are the skills that a manager truly needs.

I guess that is what the dean has been to put across, though in rather convluted a manner.

My 2 pennies, all that.

cheers!!!