NITIE 2010-2012 Admission Queries

Notification for admission at NITIE Mumbai is out. Please visit following page for the notification: NITIE website - PGDIM / PGDISEM / PGDITM 2010 - 12 Pls shoot your queries about the admission process at NITIE. Pls feel free to ask any…

Notification for admission at NITIE Mumbai is out. Please visit following page for the notification:

NITIE website - PGDIM / PGDISEM / PGDITM 2010 - 12

Pls shoot your queries about the admission process at NITIE. Pls feel free to ask any other doubts that you might have about NITIE.

To fill online application form click here:
http://www.nitie.edu/applyonline/index.php

NITIE placement report(2009):
http://www.nitie.edu/index.php?option=com_content&task;=view&id;=302&Itemid;=137

Plz guide about the previous yr cut off and the selection procedure at NITIE

shanu.prasad Says
Plz guide about the previous yr cut off and the selection procedure at NITIE

Last year cutoff for NITIE were:
98.37 percentile for PGDIM and
97.43 percentile for PGDITM.
PGDISEM is a specialized course. People with related profile got a call at 91 percentile and many could not get call even at 98+ percentile.

(These are cutoffs for General Category)

Shortlisting is done based on CAT percentile. Then there are GD and interview rounds.

Last time student with 98.37 percentile were able to make it in first list and some with much higher percentile could not make it. So GD and interview are very important rounds for final selection.

Hi seniors,
Just wanted to know to what extent NITIE(PGDIM) lays emphasis on workex..for a final admit..

Thanks Piyush for starting the thread.
Guys pls come forward and ask your queries, we will try and answer them to the best of our abilities.

Please find the admission notification attached.

Thanks Piyush for starting the thread.
Guys pls come forward and ask your queries, we will try and answer them to the best of our abilities.

Please find the admission notification attached.

Hi all, nice initiative NITIE guys

just please can you give an idea about the overall as well as ssectional cut off fot all the three categories(ST, SC, OBC) for last year

Hope this will help in answering a lot of queries that will come forward.
Hi seniors,
Just wanted to know to what extent NITIE(PGDIM) lays emphasis on workex..for a final admit..

Hi Hari,
Admissions at NITIE can be categorised into a 2-step process:
Shortlisting for GDPI:
This till last yr has been on the basis of your CAT %ile, with the cutoff for last yr being 98.3

GD-PI & Final Converts post GDPI:
For candidates shortlisted based on their performance in CAT, GD-PI are held. GDPI is the process where the profile comes into picture, a quality work-ex adds to your profile, so understandably all top-bschools have a good proportion of ppl with work-ex.
But this does not mean freshers are at a disadvantage. Its in your hands to convince the panelists abt why you belong in NITIE, how convinced are you abt your ambitions.

For the batch of 2011, we have 21% freshers.

For a more detailed report visit:
Batch Profile: Management batch 2011

hiii,

what is last year cutoffs for sc category ???

Hello Seniors,
Thanks for the initiative..
The notification says the application has to be made online..But I couldnt find any link for applying in the NITIE website...Am I missing something??

Hello Seniors, can you tell me the fee structure for the various flagship programs offered by Nitie

Thnzz in advance

Hello Seniors,
Thanks for the initiative..
The notification says the application has to be made online..But I couldnt find any link for applying in the NITIE website...Am I missing something??

Registeration will start 5th october onwards, so the link will be put up on 5th only.

@seniors ... thanks.... for taking out time for us amidst your hectic schedule.....

@aspirants

link for online registration/application is active ..... Online application

all the best!!

hi seniors.....

last year while applying.... i came to know that once we are not able to qualify in the shortlist for our first preference of the programmes...we are generally not considered for our second preference .....

it would be useful if any of you can please confirm this !!

thanks in advance..

Wat is the difference between PGDIM(Core/Elective:Financial mgmt,Marktg mgmnt,operations and SCM,IT&System;) AND PGDITM(Core/elective: Finance,HR,systems,etc.) ?
In both courses Finance is dere mrkt'g is dere..I' lil confused..wat d differnce and wat s'd be the prefernce?
Can anbdy pls put some light on this...seniors?

I am facing problem with Online application of NITIE. Its asking for 10 digit CAT registration number but isn't this time the CAT Registration number of 9 digits? On prometric website it says 'CAT Registration Number/Prometric Testing ID: SR5879214'. Which is 9 digit alphanumeric number but NITIE's online form is not accepting it.
What to do?

I am facing problem with Online application of NITIE. Its asking for 10 digit CAT registration number but isn't this time the CAT Registration number of 9 digits? On prometric website it says 'CAT Registration Number/Prometric Testing ID: SR5879214'. Which is 9 digit alphanumeric number but NITIE's online form is not accepting it.
What to do?

Wat u can do buddy.... NITIE people might be awaare of this and will fix this very soon i guess..:-P..today its first day of registration ..wait for 2-3 days and try again...ATB
Wat is the difference between PGDIM(Core/Elective:Financial mgmt,Marktg mgmnt,operations and SCM,IT&System;) AND PGDITM(Core/elective: Finance,HR,systems,etc.) ?
In both courses Finance is dere mrkt'g is dere..I' lil confused..wat d differnce and wat s'd be the prefernce?

PGDIM is essentially a general management program which is aimed to develop a holistic outlook about business. PGDITM is a program aimed at developing an aptitude for identifying business needs and transforming them into IT systems.

If you are an IT geek and want to pursue your career in IT Management and IT systems then u should go for PGDITM. If you want to pursue your career in SCM, Finance or marketing profiles then you can go for PGDIM.
Hi Hari,
Admissions at NITIE can be categorised into a 2-step process:
Shortlisting for GDPI:
This till last yr has been on the basis of your CAT %ile, with the cutoff for last yr being 98.3

GD-PI & Final Converts post GDPI:
For candidates shortlisted based on their performance in CAT, GD-PI are held. GDPI is the process where the profile comes into picture, a quality work-ex adds to your profile, so understandably all top-bschools have a good proportion of ppl with work-ex.
But this does not mean freshers are at a disadvantage. Its in your hands to convince the panelists abt why you belong in NITIE, how convinced are you abt your ambitions.

For the batch of 2011, we have 21% freshers.

For a more detailed report visit:
Batch Profile: Management batch 2011

Thanks for the link. just one query. Work-experience was counted upto which date last year??
PGDIM is essentially a general management program which is aimed to develop a holistic outlook about business. PGDITM is a program aimed at developing an aptitude for identifying business needs and transforming them into IT systems.

If you are an IT geek and want to pursue your career in IT Management and IT systems then u should go for PGDITM. If you want to pursue your career in SCM, Finance or marketing profiles then you can go for PGDIM.

Thnx Piyush..I'm in IT industry currently(Wrk Ex 3+) but dont wanna continue with this ..so do u think I s'd apply for PGDIM and not PGDITM..PGDIM has Finance & PGDITM has Finanacial Magmnt as core/elective same case with mktg also..wat is d difference and which one is gud??