NITIE - 2009-2011 Admissions Queries

Pls shoot your queries about the admission process at NITIE. Pls feel free to ask any other doubts that you might have about NITIE. PS : have been getting a lot of queries about the admission process at NITIE. Since there is some time for the…

Pls shoot your queries about the admission process at NITIE. Pls feel free to ask any other doubts that you might have about NITIE.

PS : have been getting a lot of queries about the admission process at NITIE. Since there is some time for the NITIE applications to be out i thought i could delay the process of opening a thread for some time. But i guess now instead of answering queries haphazardly, it would be nice if we gave it a structure using a thread.

PS 2 : Pls find the NITIE notification in this post

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/34260-nitie-2009-2011-admissions-queries-5.html#post1239327

heres a query from one of the puys who opened a thread for the same...guess a lot of people have this doubt :)

I have been through NITIE threads and Question has been asked and answered. But still some points needs to be addressed . (for once and for all)

Let me start with the Question again:
Admission criteria says that all engg with first class.
My confusion here is what do they mean by first class .
Case 1: avg of all four years
Case 2: The class you obtain in your final year i.e. marks of your final year (7 and 8 th sem)only.

Answers stated:
Most of the replies says that the percentage mentioned on your BE degree certificate.

eg:
In My BE degree it says Pass Engg with FIRST CLASS cause my final years % is 62 but my avg of 4 years is 59.5.
May have such similar case.

Also other major problem is that on CAF(cat application form) we mention 4 years aggregate. And when I apply with my final year marks on NITIE application form, then will it not be a problem?

i was a mumbai university student too....and like you i have a first class in my final year but not all the four years put together...and i am a student at NITIE...

i hope i have answered your query....yes its correct that you need to have first class written in your degree certificate...some universities consider all the four years marks to do that...some like mumbai university only consider the final year marks...so for you, you need to have a first class only in the final year :)

for the second part...no what you have written on your CAF will not be a problem...

Thanks for your reply and i am sure I can rely on it .

So its only FINAL YEAR MARKS that counts for NITIE as far as mumbai university is concerned ...

I blv NITIE provides only opeations . Pradon me for my ignorance but vat excatly do one mean by operations , plz explain in detail?

Hi,
Can u pls let us know last year's cut-off for NITIE(both OA and sectional )..

Regards,
Saurabh

do NITIE take the profile into account like many cocurricular activities and also like eng percentage etc

Please do elaboarte also it would be helpful in case u quote the last year cutoffs

jain.er Says
I blv NITIE provides only opeations . Pradon me for my ignorance but vat excatly do one mean by operations , plz explain in detail?

its a wrong notion that you have that NITIE provides a degree only in operations managment...we are strong in markating, finance and systems as well. Its just that our operations/SCM course is rated amongsts the best...

since i am no operations expert myself (have been here only for less than 3 months 😃 ) i'll stick to how wikipedia defines operations managment

"Operations management is an area of business that is concerned with the production of goods and services, and involves the responsibility of ensuring that business operations are efficient and effective. It is the management of resources, the distribution of goods and services to customers, and the analysis of queue systems."

Of what i have got of it in the first mod, its a vast feild and encompasses a lot of activites and is one of the core function of every company...if you have any specific queries that i could help you with i would be pleased to help...or just help yourself with searching for operations managment on google 😃
Hi,

Regards,
Saurabh

the cutoff was 98.2%tile...though the section cutoffs are never disclosed, what i have seen in my batch is that one can expect a call for about 80%tile in any section...
do NITIE take the profile into account like many cocurricular activities and also like eng percentage etc

Please do elaboarte also it would be helpful in case u quote the last year cutoffs

for an interview call only your CAT %tile will be looked at...but after that your profile plays an important role...its how well you sell yourself to the panel at the end of the day that would get you a final convert...since we call only the top 2%tile of the population taken CAT, everything you got on your CV matters...

i have mentioned the cutoffs for last year in my earlier post...
Hi,

Regards,
Saurabh

Adding to what chop suey said just now let me quote certain facts to you which says we are as diversified in different verticals of MBA as any other TOP B-School of India:
1. 30% of class of 2008 got placed in Financial Sector and 26% of the class of 2008 got a Finance Profile. Remaining got distributed in Marketing/SCM/Systems in almost equal proportion.
2. Highest offer @ NITIE for the class of 2008 was by an MNC - Bank only.
3. Apart from SCM companies, we have a long list of FMCGs coming to our campus and that includes: P&G;, Godrej, Marico, GSK, J&J;, HLL and many many more. These companies offer various profiles across Sales and Marketing domain.

As for the last year's cut-off:
Aggregate: 98.2 Percentile
Sectional: 80 Percentile

Do have a look at "Why NITIE" link in my signature. It will clarify almost 90% of your doubts as far as non-admission related queries are concerned.

Cheers,

All things are gr8
But still one more ques. what are the profile offered by banks.
I thing they are more towards operations oriented?
Rather then like say equity analysis..

chop suey Says
the cutoff was 98.2%tile...though the section cutoffs are never disclosed, what i have seen in my batch is that one can expect a call for about 80%tile in any section...

I have heard that for a call from NITIE, the %ile in quant should be on the higher side, is this just a rumour?? Because you have stated the sectional cutoffs to be in the 80 range. Pardon me for my ignorance, but thats what the rumour mills say !!! :confused:
sausi007 Says
I have heard that for a call from NITIE, the %ile in quant should be on the higher side, is this just a rumour?? Because you have stated the sectional cutoffs to be in the 80 range. Pardon me for my ignorance, but thats what the rumour mills say !!! :confused:

I might sound stupid
but i searched on the insti website but couldnt find the fee structure for the 2 year course

can u throw some highlight on the query post ???
All things are gr8

Very First lesson of MBA: Don't go by assumptions and hearsay..!
Substantiate your statements by facts.
As I said in my earlier post, I would like you to go through entire "Why NITIE" post before making any assumption and thinkings...

Now to satisfy your queries related to Finance, pls go thru the following:
1. http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/29951-nitie-2008-2010-results-out-post1044886.html#post1044886
2. http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/29951-nitie-2008-2010-results-out-post1056352.html#post1056352
3. http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/17552-wondering-bskools-apply-visit-thread-149.html#post1200808

Some general links:
1. NITIE website - Placements Report at NITIE 2008
2. Life @ NITIE - Vice President, J. P. Morgan @ NITIE Sharing his invaluable knowledge
3. MBA Placement 2008 | NITIE Business School, Mumbai
4. http://www.livemint.com/2008/05/04220456/36E328C3-F612-4998-8002-A52A6AEEF430ArtVPF.pdf

Hope I have been able to clarify your doubts. Do let me know if you still have any further queries

And yeah... make sure you have visited "Why NITIE" link in my signature.

Cheers,
All things are gr8

a host of non operation related profiles were offered by Banks last year...some of the prominant profiles offered in the fin sector were Equity Analysis, Investment Banking, Project Finance, Consumer and Wholesale Banking, Credit Risk and Treasury Operations...there's lots more to the list...
sausi007 Says

as i said earlier the sectionals are never disclosed...as far as i know, everyone with overall %tile above 98.2%tile and sections above 80%tile got a GD/PI calls last year...
I might sound stupid
but i searched on the insti website but couldnt find the fee structure for the 2 year course

Hi Shivam,
This should help:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/29951-nitie-2008-2010-results-out-34.html#post1094901
I might sound stupid

For this year the first year fees was 1,30,500 and the second year fee would be about 10,000 less...this inclued hostel fees and all the exam fees and stuff...mess would be charged seperately...

hiii all , i want to inquire about deadline of nitie forms though they r not yet out !! but does their deadline exceeds post cat around nov end or dec ??, one more query does i with avg acads 65%in engg but strong communication +personality ,!! stands any chance . witing for your reply thanks in advance !