NITIE 2006 Queries

Hi everyone, the admission notification for NITIE is out in today’s Times of India. They are accepting CAT scores and of course, GDs and PIs will be conducted. I hope this thread will prove to be useful in disseminating information pertaining…

Hi everyone,

the admission notification for NITIE is out in today's Times of India. They are accepting CAT scores and of course, GDs and PIs will be conducted. I hope this thread will prove to be useful in disseminating information pertaining to NITIE. I hope present and ex-NITIEites will be kind enough to help aspirants like us to make it....

Akshat Kumar

http://epaperdaily.timesofindia.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=TOIM/2005/09/18/7/Img/Ad0070902.png

Hi guys,
This is link to ad in TOI.

All the best !!!

whr can i download NITIE application form...ny idea?
i searched its website...but no links

I think the NITIE people will take some time to update their website after which it should be possible to download the form.

Akshat

I think it says in the notification that application forms/brochures will be available from 26th September onwards via post. I guess even the online forms will be available only then.

Cheerio.

All right...any of ur queries 'bout NITIE....put them here and me will handle it..... But some patience eh... me has exams till friday... think I already flunked the first one though ..... the stats paper was a beamer.....just knocked me over.... :x ...... So after friday... my replies will be quicker....

cheers

puneet

oh...the online forms should be out by weekend.....

Hi dbm,

I am currently in the final year of BE(IT). Would it be a better idea to opt for Systems or should I stick to the fresher-friendly Marketing/Finance (assuming, of course that I am good enough to make it)? Does NITIE prefer Systems students to have prior work experience?

Akshat

PS: I wanted to ask you how good the 'other' (i.e. Non-Operations and Systems) specializations are in NITIE, but I think you have been inundated with enough of those requests...

Hi dbm,

I am currently in the final year of BE(IT). Would it be a better idea to opt for Systems or should I stick to the fresher-friendly Marketing/Finance (assuming, of course that I am good enough to make it)? Does NITIE prefer Systems students to have prior work experience?

Akshat

PS: I wanted to ask you how good the 'other' (i.e. Non-Operations and Systems) specializations are in NITIE, but I think you have been inundated with enough of those requests...

well...all right....

NITIE has 4 courses....
1. PGDIM - thats the regular mba course
2. PGDISEM - thats industrial safety and environment mgmt
3.PGDITM - thats a brand new course.... first batch will be taken in this year...ie thru cat 2005.... of ...that is IT managment....specialization purely in IT/Systems.....
the admissions for all the above 3 courses r solely thru CAT....
and then there is a IE course...for which u have to write gate.....
the PGDIM( thats what I am doing)... is a regular MBA program....with specializations in ops, SCM, IT/Systems, Marketing , finance etc....
and hey.....NITIE is the best in Ops and SCM.... and the IT/systems is excellent.... but hey... we r good in marketing and finance too..... in fact... in my batch...for the summers....half of my batch took up marketing profiles..... and some really big names like HLL, Cable and Wireless, Brittania, Marico...Tata motors....WeP, the regular fmcgs...(too many of them to name) and a host of IT companies too came for marketing profiles.....apart from their scm/ops/IT profiles.......

and hey...the teaching methedology of marketing courses in NITIE is highly innovative too....there is a programme cAlled MANDI..that every first year has to go thru....involves u becoming a salesman for a day.... and selling toys on the streets of mumbai...this is actual marketing...how u convince the manager at shoppers stop to allow u to put up a stall there....etc....real skill development.....was lots of fun too... this year we ran up a total sales of 75 thousand on a single day.....

there is a news item on mandi in pagalguy too....read about it here

http://www.pagalguy.com/index.php?categoryid=15&p2;_articleid=84
So don't worry on that count......Me thinks that since we r considered so good in ops/scm.... everyone amongst u cat writers thinks that NITIE is only for ops/scm/IT..... We r certainly the best in those fields but we rock in others too......
and as to what specialization u should consider... decide it after joining a bskool dude..... there is a lot of time......
and no...NITIE does not have any bias against freshers... in my batch..... 45% are freshers..... the remaining r people having varying levels of work ex....from 1 to 7 years.....
any other queries...shoot....

Cheers
Puneet

Hey puneet,

U have been a good help so far...thanx dude...keep rocking...
Can u throw some light on the approx. percentiles that are required for getting a gd/pi call ? I know that there are a host of other factors that are considered for giving a call, but still there got to be some percentile that NITIE looks for...I have heard its 95 + overall and at least 90 in quant....
Can u plz give any info abt this ? ( the general trend i mean..coz there will be always be exceptions with lesser percentile and good overall profile who get admitted...)

Thanx in advance

Hey puneet,

U have been a good help so far...thanx dude...keep rocking...
Can u throw some light on the approx. percentiles that are required for getting a gd/pi call ? I know that there are a host of other factors that are considered for giving a call, but still there got to be some percentile that NITIE looks for...I have heard its 95 + overall and at least 90 in quant....
Can u plz give any info abt this ? ( the general trend i mean..coz there will be always be exceptions with lesser percentile and good overall profile who get admitted...)

Thanx in advance

well... last year it was 97+ with 90+ in quant.... lower cutoffs for di and verbal.... in my class...there is no one below 97..... the range is 97.3 to 99.7...... if that should answer ur queries..... the cutoff may be slightly higher for freshers.... work ex juntha can expect a little relaxation in cutoffs depending on profile.....

keep shooting....

Puneet
well... last year it was 97+ with 90+ in quant.... lower cutoffs for di and verbal.... in my class...there is no one below 97..... the range is 97.3 to 99.7...... if that should answer ur queries..... the cutoff may be slightly higher for freshers.... work ex juntha can expect a little relaxation in cutoffs depending on profile.....

keep shooting....

Puneet

Thanx buddy...that was very crisp and precise....

Regarding NITIE interview calls

I had got a call from NITIe in 2003 after having QA-99, DI-99.4, RC/VA- 87 and total -99.02
and I was a fresher then.

This time I wont be even able to apply 😞 😞 😞 as I dont have first division.

ATB to all NITIE aspirants.

P.S.- I was quite impressed by its lush green campus.

Hi Puneet,

thanks SO MUCH for your help. Just one more thing - do I have to fill up separate forms for PGDIT and PGDIM or can I apply in one form?

Akshat

As far as the forms go, last year a person could apply to both PGDIM and PGISEM through the same form, you just had to tick whichever you wanted to apply to { You could tick multiple columns i.e. apply to both courses through the same form }. I guess the pattern will be extended to PGDITM this year. Will be able to give you the official news only after this weekend though.

And to answer one of the earlier queries by akshat.. this is my take on it.
Well, I am a fresher, B.E. { IT } from bangalore, right outta college without a day in the industry. When I arrived at NITIE, I was pretty confident that I would specialize in IT. Two months down the line, that perspective starts to change. Eventually made it through to HLL Marketing in the Summers. My advise to freshers is that they keep options open. Its great to have interest in a particular field { useful in interviews }, but the appropriate time to make a decision regarding your career is only after your summers. And as far as "fresher-friendliness" goes, take my word on it, freshers in NITIE can get into any field they want. In spite of being the best in SCM/Ops, most offers accepted during summers this time was in Marketing. Biggies like Castrol had to go back empty-handed cause the 3-4 people they made offers to had several options and all of them rejected it. Lots of people ended up with 3-6 offers in various fields, so the option of shifting verticals is always open. In fact, only people with 4-6 yrs of IT work-ex had slight trouble in shifting verticals {but one of them made it through to ICICI Analytics, other to Loreal and so on.. so its not impossible}. I guess this is the advantage of having a relatively small batch size of 88 to place, everyone has enough offers to choose from.

And finally as far as percentiles go, expect cut-offs to be pretty high. NITIE is one institute which doesnt bother filling up the entire batch strength. For example, PGDIM has an actual stated batch size of 120, but last year they filled up only 88. NITIE didnt bother giving out too many waitlists. So, even the new courses will have high cut-offs {even if people dont take it up, ISEM once had 4 students in it}. Cut-offs for freshers is likely to be high, most freshers here are in the 99+ category. Myself and Devilbemyguide{Puneet}, both freshers, had 99.23%ile. It ranges from 99-99.7 { However there are some exceptional freshers who make it through even in the 97-98 %iles }. Its slightly more relaxed for work-ex guys.

Hope the post was useful. Best of luck!

Regards,

Shreyas
Management Class of 2007
NITIE

Hi Shreyas,

thnx, that was quite quick! the same of course holds for Puneet as well...The only thing is I am a little scared after seeing the fresher cutoffs...but then, its NITIE after all..has to have that much...

Akshat

Hi Shreyas,

thnx, that was quite quick! the same of course holds for Puneet as well...The only thing is I am a little scared after seeing the fresher cutoffs...but then, its NITIE after all..has to have that much...

Akshat

Hey shreyas...nice to see u active once again on pg...

and akshat...relax dude..... while the cutoffs for freshers are slightly on the higher side... ur profile will matter a lot during the shortlisting process...... & if I remember correctly....we have a couple of freshers in the 97 %ile range too....albiet university toppers/IITians....

bulk of the freshers will be in the late 98's and 99's..... work ex juntha are more evenly spread out..... but chill.....relax and give ur cat..... dont bother about specific institutes cutoffs right now.... there is a lot of time for that...i.e. after ur percentiles r out and u r waiting for the interview call...

Cheers

Puneet

hi
well that was a good guide.thanx and give some refinement abt the new cource that wether it is a purely tecchy based or management arenas are there on a highs in that!
thanx once again.

regarding the cut offs,

i applied to NITIE in 2003 when i was a fresher in the final year of engg. I had 97.4 % at that time with 99% in quant and 96% in DI. I got the call from NITIE and got admission in PGDISEM ( I dont know why they selected me for PGDISEM when i applied for PGDIM, i guess they allocated courses at that time acording to their choice) . But since i was only interseted in PGDIM i didnt go for it.

I hope this furher gives everone the idea of cutoffs their.
Between anyone can clear things about PGDITM. Is it good to go for this course after 2 years in IT industry??

Regarding NITIE interview calls

I had got a call from NITIe in 2003 after having QA-99, DI-99.4, RC/VA- 87 and total -99.02
and I was a fresher then.

This time I wont be even able to apply 😞 😞 😞 as I dont have first division.

ATB to all NITIE aspirants.

P.S.- I was quite impressed by its lush green campus.