NIT Durgapur MBA

MBA batch 2006-08 pls share ur views here so that we can get to know each other before joining classes.

MBA batch 2006-08 pls share ur views here so that we can get to know each other before joining classes.

hi frenz so many views but noreply.why show some interest yaar.

hi
itz manish here.nice 2 c nit durgapur's name in pagaguy.even i have taken admission thr.
u got thr on cat or mat score.

hi manish

even i have taken admission there
A nice place and a nice package forced me to go for nit durgapur instead of bim bangalore
whts up now.

pls rply

HI all NITians,
Its good to see NIT DGP name on P'guy.
Let Me Introduce Myself,
I am Vishal (NIT 2006-0, hails from Patna. I M of IT background.

I loveto be at NIT, Bcoz its good.
Placements r goin good, and I hope we will meet meracle in2008.

Any way its a good news for U all that NIT MBA got its own forum, Check it I am givinf the Link.

www.d.1asphost.com/nitdmba
or
www.d.1asphost.com/nitdmba/forum

Regards
K Vishal

hi all nitians wen u all r going for hostel registration 28/29.we can meet at that moment.untill then gudy

hi ppl...its nice to b in nit,durgapur.but i hope it turns to b a even mre rockin time out here.well for starters its hectic.the benches r awful.and i am sure ill end up being a hunchback instaed of a beauty.same wid u i guess.and furder...well the story enfolds wid the pages.so no point in pourin out in the intro.ciao

Since i'm getting orkut msgs enquiring on admission n placemnet of the MBA prog.
here i go ,This is nt the right place to discuss the some of the qs bt i can give some facts which can help u clearing the doubts.( since such info is not passed into media by our dept)
first of all it's a govt college (bt of national repute) so there are pluses n minuses.
Low fee( i think for ur batch also it is around 1 lakhs) but if u r hoping that there would sth state of the art
infrastructure then u have to contain with decent one. bt this low fee makes highest return on ur investement(in comparision to eventually all private B-school) on getting MBA degree once u get even decently placed plus other Psychological benefits.
high faculty 2 student ratio around 1: 8, which means u will get ample oppurtunity to intereact with faculties.
3 professors of more than a decade of experience n iim educated background bt also u will be 5th batch so u have to be very active in contributing to ongoing system n process building(for non academic activities).
it is an aicte n MHRD recognised MBA degree as well as NIT has very positive brand image so u can compare it with other B-school esp private B-school.
as far as placement is concerned it offers ample oppurtunities to be placed at more than decent package with 1 lakh investment vis vis exorbitant high fee of private B-school, through two placement cell one is of department and others of central traning and placement cell of NIT. As far as average package is concerned it is about 4 for 2006 batch.
Admission :
Cat % is the nt the only criteria. if u have high % in >=75 (this time) u should be assured for GD/PI call. For low n extremely low scorere there is other criteria like acad,exp, extrancurricular n baap of all factors the no of form reached here . In such situation even then there is bright chance that u will get call n make sure that u turn up for GD/PI.(this is also filters out some of candidate as interview is only held at Durgapur). Do good in GD/PI in such situation which can make hell lots of difference in ur ranking in final list for admission for general category candidate.

All the best for GD/PI.

Bro..anyone got any call or has any newz regarding MBA ADMISSIONNS RESULT ,2008

Guys,
Got call from nit durgapur
Not much is given in the wesite

Senios plz let us know something about the college. I have 3 yrs of industry experience
Does the placement over here give value to industry experience

How is the mnimum , avg and highest salary out here and what are the companies over here coming for placements
Does the average package include the variable pay also ie is the average package calculated based on the CTC or it is different take home+perks

Pls also do let us know the how many core and mkt jobs are there in the college

As far as the info i have collected in the batch of 2008 1 guy hasgot a package of 9 lac and 8 guys hav got package of 5 lac......Out of the whole batch 35 guys have got placed and the min sal is 2yrs

The have data may not be right asi have received it form various sources so seniors plz throw some light about light about the college and does industry experience count dring the placement in the college

Finally Thanx in advance for the valuable information

hi all!! :)
can ne1 tell me if NIT,dgp accepts MAT scores?

hai seniors.
i am a comp.sc graduate with 63% in xat. can i apply to nit durgapur.
please suggest me. what are the branches. what is placement result for this year.

hai seniors.
please suggest me. what are the branches. what is placement result for this year.

I am Arun. I have taken Feb 2009 MAT and I scored 95.43 %ile . I am from Bangalore and my composite score is 710.5 . Please advice me the best institute which I could apply for. I know Aliance and Christ (Which I have already applied for while filling mat application form). I just want to know are Aliance and Christ the Best institutes under MAT or are there institutes better than those 2 which I am not aware of? How is NIT Durgapur MBA (is it worth?) They accept MAT score and I have a fair chance of getting there. Please do advice me as quickly as possible because I dont want to miss the last date for submitting applications. my Gmail is [email protected] and number is 09480705353

hai seniors.

Hi fellows,
I am Arun. I got 95.43 %ile in Feb 2009 MAT. Please tell me is it worth applying for MBA in NIT Durgapur?? and I am from Bangalore... it will be tooooooooo far for me. is there accomidation (Hostel facility)? because in the application form he says hostel facility will not be provided.
Please reply to me.

[email protected]

Hi fellows,
I am Arun. I got 95.43 %ile in Feb 2009 MAT. Please tell me is it worth applying for MBA in NIT Durgapur?? and I am from Bangalore... it will be tooooooooo far for me. is there accomidation (Hostel facility)? because in the application form he says hostel facility will not be provided.
Please reply to me.

[email protected]

don't put ur mail ids and contact nos in the post. its against the PG rules..

Got call from NIT anyone any idea how the GDPI is like ? please reply :

RHUIK Says
Got call from NIT 88 percentile in CAT :banghead: and 98 in MAT anyone any idea how the GDPI is like ? please reply :

i think it's quite easy for u to get admi bcoz u have a good %ile in cat n it will help u over all, the level of gdπ is not very tough so u can get admi.
Yours,
Anand
Hi fellows,
Please reply to me.

[email protected]

Hi Arun....I have done my BE from NIT Durgapur. When I was there, the MBA students were given the best hostel in the campus. It is a fully residential college and I am sure there will be accomodation facility there....